• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optics

I run a LPVO on my ranch rifles. Even a simple 1-4x is all that is needed for 99 percent of the hunting 200 yards and in.

I'd shop the sales on 1-6 or even 1-8x LPVOs. I picked up a SFP Burris XTR II for $609 from Midway a year ago...I saw the Accupowers going for $800 when they were first discontinued.

These shoats were killed from 30-120 yards. I started at 8x like a moron, but yanked the magnification down to about 3.5x and picked up three more before they made it to the trees.
View attachment 7375906

Very nice... but brick not hit back.

Reactions: diggler1833
I’d this scope comparable to the vortex 2.5 10-35........
Vx 5HD 2-10x42 by Leupold?

I don't mean this to sound condescending, but to help you learn: Look at the reticles and tell me if they look comparable. I think you are letting the Leupold brand name blind you. If you really want Leupold, mk5 3.6-18 or bust.

Go buy a cheap ass Athlon Talos 4-14 or Argos 1-8 so you have more experience before you spend any more money on an optic. It won't be hard to resell those and then drop serious coin with confidence.