• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

opticsplanet.com/ DVOR.COM

waswrunandgun

Private
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2014
So I joined to warn all members of the firearm community, so they don't have to go through the pain in the ass that i have had to. I purchased a camelbak from optics planet, of course the next day get an email saying they don't have that one in stock would i like to get a more expensive one that isn't a hot seller (dummy me took the bait). Well they charged my card for both orders and only released my funds after i called and asked wtf. Well the sent me a coupon that lead me to order off there sister site dvor.com. Before i placed this order i called and spoke with a CS rep about special shipping instruction was told no problem. So i placed my order. Well of course i get a conformation email and its for the wrong address and they just ignored the special shipping instruction. I called multiple times for over a week trying to get this worked out. Was told i would be called back a couple of times and of course never did. Well since they delivered the package to the wrong address, and i didn't receive it, they keep sending me emails saying look around you should have it. It took over a week to get money put back on my card, and they didn't have a replacement for have my order so i just cancelled it. I posted on another forum they were a member of and they subsequently tucked there tail between there legs and canceled there account, so no one could see there numerous bad reviews of horrible customer service and screw ups. SO to all contemplating a good deal from them i warn you to steer clear or you could be there next victim.

I have had several transactions with both as well, no problems.

Hi Waswrunandgun,

As mentioned earlier this week on that other forum, I am so sorry about the issues with your most recent order. While we strive for 100% customer satisfaction, we missed the mark when it came to this particular transaction, and for that I sincerely apologize.

If there is anything I can do to help alleviate some of the pain caused, please do not hesitate to ask. Thanks again for all your honest feedback.

Have a great day!

Creating a new account on a forum just to talk shit seems a bit childish.
I've dealt with OP before and it was smooth as silk.
Glad to see their response here. It let's me know they're on top of things.
Anyone can get something wrong. It's what happens next is what separates the good from the bad.

I will never again deal with Optics Planet... learned my lesson with them several years ago.

I have purchased from both companies the orders from OpticsPlanet have been ok, the orders from dvor have always seem to take a long time to get. Almost like they are ordering things once it is sold? I recently tried to order a kowa spotting scope . Luckily I read the fine print which said it wouldn't ship for 4 to 6 weeks! I even called and spoke with someone there to make sure that was correct and the lady could care less.

Well to all of you that have had good service great. But since my post they have charged my card for a order that I placed to replace my last one they screwed up and sent to the wrong address, and was supposed to have credit for. Problem is i have a billing invoice that states $00.00 total due, yet my card was later charged for it without my knowledge or consent and yet i still have a 10 dollar credit on my former account.They have also sent email saying they will charge my card again for the lost packages replacement if i don't jump through there paper work hoops and that i'm not allowed to disclose publicly any information given in there emails. so if i'm being childish warning other gun enthusiasts about a bad experience im sorry i have offended you but i don't consider that the case. And i have been a long time lurker just never had anything worth saying.

Take it up with your CC company. They all have a process by which charges can be disputed. The account places the funds on hold and you are not obligated to pay them or interest until the matter is resolved.

Yeah i Did that, Problem now is they say my card is compromised and my account is locked until i receive the new card(7-10).

opticsplanet.com/ DVOR.COM

Something is not right with this story: it's easy to dispute charges. The credit card company will work with the vendor to take care of the extra charge issue. There's no need to get a new card. It sounds like there are key factual details missing here.

Theres nothing missing its a prepaid debt card. I suffered an identity theft early in my life, so i try to do all transactions cash and limit my vulnerability to thieves stealing my debit/credit card info by only having a set amount of money available at one time on a pre paid for internet dealings. I got the funds back just have to wait for a new card to access said funds. still doesn't make it right to charge my card without my consent.

Last edited:
I have had several orders from opticsplanet and I have nothing bad to say about them, as for the identity theft get an account with one of the companys that protect your credit it works and is money well spent.

I've ordered from both many times for several years now. Only problems until recently, not DVor's fault, it was FEDEX problem. Called Dvor they began a lost package investigation and advised contacting FEDEX. FEDEX claimed driver shows delivery, when I explained I have video 24-7 and no deliver was made when they claim, FEDEX said the driver wasn't much help and they closed the complaint. DVor has filed a new complaint with FEDEX and has e-mailed me stating they are replacing my item. Only been a couple of days but I'm hopeful, they haven't let me down in the past, So I'm sticking with 'em.

I've got to chime in with the rest, Optics planet has always been top notch in my dealings over the years. Every transaction/delivery in the past has been 100%.

Breeze

Optics Planes is my go-to-first for my purchases. Never had a bad experience. And I order a buttload of stuff.

This is stupid.. and hopefully gets deleted.. The fact that you have this much time to go make a bunch of accounts to talk shit over one incident is beyond me. They also seem to have attempted to make this situation right yet your butt is still hurt. please go back to BARF.COM

Last edited:
I have had good experiences with them, but the responses to your post have brought to my attention what a great outfit they are! I'm definitely shopping there *more* from now on. Thank you for your post!

Last edited:
If you had some reading and comprehension skills it was three transactions they screwed up. And multiple accounts I have an account on multiple gun sites as each offers a different view point, so if you consider one account per forum multiple accounts ok. Hey this is america feel free to spend your money where you want no skin off my back. A company that removes there account from a forum after they get repeated bad service complaints says a lot in my book, but some of you may still be looking at all the pretty picture books. On top of me having to call multiple times to get my personal information deleted from there system. As far as drinking bleach, tried it once but it hurt to much when i went to poop the next day.
Happy fathers Day and God Bless you all.