• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes opticsplanet.com

Nysios

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2012
Olympia, Wa
I have been in the market for a 3.5-15 Nightforce NXS for as little money as possible. I found one on Opticsplanet.com for $1389.00 and would like to know if any of you have had good or bad experiences with that website. Yes I did use the search feature but I want as current information as possible. Thank you guys

I just spent well over 3K with them and I know a buddy of mine did the same (more in fact). Happy with their service - packing was great etc. I'll shop there again. Just my .02.
I have been in the market for a 3.5-15 Nightforce NXS for as little money as possible. I found one on Opticsplanet.com for $1389.00 and would like to know if any of you have had good or bad experiences with that website. Yes I did use the search feature but I want as current information as possible. Thank you guys

they're good as long as their product availability says in stock, there have been times in the past where they had issues where in stock items would be out, or iffy backorder times, seems most of it has cleared up though.

Shop around because I know most hide vendors will meet the optics planet pricing. I have shopped with them in the past and had good luck but prefer CS tactical, Mile High and Euro Optic.

Sully

Placed two orders with them. Just bought the Leapers "bug buster" with quick detach rings for $89 and free shipping for SAR8 just for fun. They ship really fast and excellent customer service. Love OpticsPlanet! They won't let you down.

I've spent several thousand dollars at optics planet. I've returned one item (I accidentally bought a 220V sonic cleaner) with no hassle at all.

Try e kthx15p and see if you can get a additional 15%. Once you get your best price email Eurooptic and tell em you are a hide member and ask their best price. They will hook you up. Nightforce Scopes

Last edited:
+1 on Europtic. Call for their best price. Their communication, shipping and service are awesome.

Thanks for input guys. Ill check with hide vendors first.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

No experience with vendors (but will try them 1st when shopping for new glass) but I have ordered from opticsplanet recently and have zero complaints

I have placed several orders with them but always call the order in to make sure it is in stock. They ship very quickly and have never had a problem.

PS Until yesterday 2/8/14 see todays post. I spoke to soon.

Last edited:
I will never buy from opticsplanet again. Had ordered an item, after 6 weeks they shipped it. I canceled the order 4 weeks earlier. Then I waited another 4 weeks for my money back. Never again

Hey Guys,

If you ever have a question on products, stock, or pricing, fee free to send a PM. NF has a strict MAP policy, but other brands are g2g for a little help.

Trevor B.

What are the exclusions to the '5% off' pricing for Hide members?

I ordered a Nightforce ATACR from them on Jan 7, and still haven't received it. I have been on the phone with them back and forth because the tracking number they sent me shows that the shipping label was created and that's it! Nothing else! They keep telling me I had to wait a certain period of time before they could 'investigate' it, then when that time finally comes they tell me that it's USPS fault and I need to file with them. I've talked to two different USPS supervisors and they both told be that they never received it from the shipper, and all they've done was print the label and sent it electronically. What makes their word even more concrete, they told me every package that was associated with mine was received by USPS and have all been delivered to their destinations. This is my first time dealing with them and I won't make that mistake again. Better luck to you.

EDIT:
If you do go with them take advantage of these codes and save all the money you can. I can't remember which code I used but the only reason I went with them was because I found a coupon that took $117 off my total plus free shipping.

BX5MD9T4
OPIV5OF

Last edited:
Don't believe their website for in stock items. Once an item back orders on you, don't believe a word they say about when you will get it. If it is truly in stock, you probably won't have a problem.

Guys,

i always recommend calling in or using live chat to check availability as well. Its easy and takes a minute. The Chat sales people and phones sales people can work the best prices also. Maybe not 15%, but like Geico, a couple of minutes can usually save you some money and find out what else is in stock or expecting dates.

Always feel free to shoot me a PM. I know how it is...I'm waiting on a few builds to come back and parts on BO. I know it can be frustrating and just plain suck at times, but I'll try to help where possible.

Trevor B.

I have had great luck with OP. I recently ordered a cleaning rod in which turned out to be out of stock. Within the day of ordering i received a phone call and email stating that fact and they offered to send out a longer version for 30% off as a replacement (however it came out to $5 more). Ive never had such quick customer service and it seems customer satisfaction is their priority.

Also make sure to take advantage of their numerous coupons.

FWIW, from what I gather, a fair amount of what they show on their site is not actually stocked by them. They'll take your order and forward it to whoever has listed their merchandise with them. For example, been a few years ago, but ordered a Swift scope from Optics Planet. A couple of months later, found another site with same scope at a lower price and bought it too. When I received the 2nd Swift, noticed it'd been shipped from same place as the first Swift I'd bought. Turned out, Optics Planet didn't actually stock the Swift line of scopes. The just listed them and forwarded any orders thru them to the other place. So, as mentioned in an earlier post, sometimes what they show in stock to ship may be inaccurate, due to their supplier not updating them on availability.

Personally, I've bought a few scopes thru/from Optics Planet with nothing to complain about. Consider it a decent place to shop at whenever I'm looking for a rifle scope.

Myself and two other people I know have been burned by Optics Planet. They will show the item's status as "in-stock", when actually it is not. I would wait patiently for weeks, call them and get a reply that the items will be sent in a couple of weeks. They strung me along for literally months before I cancelled the order and got it quickly from another company. This seems to be their M.O. based on the other people I've talked to.

I have had decent experiences with Optics Planet, but you can forget about using any discount codes or offers towards NF.

At least, I haven't had any luck.

I've bought a lot from Optics Planet over the years, but the last few times have been disappointing and I use them as a last resort. Specifically, they used to ship quickly using priority mail. My products used to arrive quickly. Not anymore. They ship slower and worse, they use that horrible, horrible UPS smart post that takes forever and transfers stuff between UPS and the post office, so you get the worst of both services. Did I mention that Smart Post is neither smart nor efficient. Awful. and what's worse is they don't inform you that they use smart post. I have no idea why they don't clearly state that is how they ship. Maybe they know it sucks.

I've had nothing but great experiences with OpticsPlanet. I just got a Leapers with rings "bug buster" last week from them, just for fun, (only $89). Great value. I always get it within a few days and I live in SoCal. They've ALWAYS done me right. I'd feel confident ordering anything from them. If you need something NOW, you should call before ordering it to confirm its in stock. I'll continue ordering from OpticsPlanet.

I am very loyal to opticsplanet. Around 20 purchases without any issues over the last year or so. They will work with you on a price if you call and ask. They are GTG.

Well, the over whelming response is Scott. Could anyone provide me with a user name or email for him please? Thanks again for all your input!

As for me, I have had good service, and I spent some money with them over time. Been very happy.

Always fast service...sometimes SHOCKINGLY fast from Optics Planet. Always accurate and reasonably priced. One tip: When dealing with ANY online retailer ALWAYS CALL AND ASK if the item you want is in stock. Lots of places have stuff listed on their web sites that they haven't had in stock in ages and won't be getting it for weeks or months, BUT THEIR WEB SITE WON'T TELL YOU THAT!! So, which is better....a cheap price, but you won't get it for months, if EVER or a few bucks more and it shows up on you front porch in 3 days? The best thing is to call and ask.....you'd be amazed at how often the real person you talk to will tell you they DO NOT have them.

10% off coupon code for today only. SUPER48. great to get an eotech and use the 10% off and still get the $60 rebate. No coupons on NF though, companines that have that strict MAP policy are excluded. NF, PR, and surefire.

Trevor B.

10% off coupon code for today only. SUPER48. great to get an eotech and use the 10% off and still get the $60 rebate. No coupons on NF though, companines that have that strict MAP policy are excluded. NF, PR, and surefire.

Trevor B.

I've ordered numerous products at OP and I have I say I have never not been satisfied. If you read the terms of sale they encourage you to reach out to them! So do it!! You wouldn't order from mile high without calling PMing don't do that with OP either!

Dude, 10% off today only - that's 139 bucks off a Nightforce today only! Opticsplanet rocks! Jump on it.

Dude, 10% off today only - that's 139 bucks off a Nightforce today only! Opticsplanet rocks! Jump on it.

" No coupons on NF though, companies that have that strict MAP policy are excluded. NF, PR, and surefire."

Just made three separate orders yesterday to utilize the 10% off coupon. I'll keep ya posted on the results. (Saved $20 on $200 worth of "stuff.")

I like OP a lot. My only criticism is their free shipping is real slow, but I'm spoiled on Amazon prime.

Got everything I ordered today. Ordered it after hours last Thursday, it was here today when I came home. Got a Vortex Cantilever mount for a 6.5 gasser and a Leapers 3-12 power scope for my 9 year old to plink with. Happy happy happy with Opticsplanet and their coupon.

First time customer of Opticsplanet. I spent $1798.00 this morning at 4pm. Everyone has said they are great. So I'm confident I'll be taken care of too.
But I got say I was a little disapponited not getting the Vortex hats after buying a $900.00 scope and $900.00 spotting scope. But I will live.

Last edited:
Ordered from them once & will NEVER do it again!!

They gave me the run-around on items that were supposedly in-stock but then they weren't, and so on........................... I just canceled the order.

F them!!!

I ordered a Burris PEPR 34mm mount from their Amazon store. Their listing said it would ship in 6-9 days. Then I get an email letter from them firm saying on hold shipping estimate 7-18 days. Then Amazon calls me tells me it is back ordered. What's up with that? I have bought a number of items from them without a problem. I guess their inventory tracking, as others have said is not up to date as others have posted. Since it is back ordered will I ever get it? Have scope, no mount.

I sent a PM to Trevor B. early today after his post to send him a PM if a problem arose I am waiting for his reply!!

Last edited:
Am I the only guy scratching my head trying to figure out how I missed OpticsPlanet as being a site vendor?

I certainly can't say I know ALL the vendors, but I cant' believe I missed an outfit the size of OP.