• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optika5 Low Light

4GIVON

Private
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2020
Mississippi
Can anyone weigh in on the brightness / low light abilities of the Meopta Optika5. I am looking to purchase the 4-20x50 RD BDC... but one of my biggest concerns is low light performance. In that price range ($450ish), is that the best bang for the buck... or should I consider others?

Don't have any experience with the Optika 5. But I have 2 Optika 6 , one is a 3-18x56, the other 2.5-15x44. Both are exceptional in low light. the glass is very good. I also have illuminated dots in mine. Which are daylight bright. A little on the heavy side, but other than that awesome.

Don't have any experience with the Optika 5. But I have 2 Optika 6 , one is a 3-18x56, the other 2.5-15x44. Both are exceptional in low light. the glass is very good. I also have illuminated dots in mine. Which are daylight bright. A little on the heavy side, but other than that awesome.
Thanks for the help / info on those. I was originally looking at the Optika6... But I tend to like the SFP better. I figured that if I was looking at the SFP, I might be just as well off with the Optika5... and save a little weight

They are indeed... The Optika5 is SFP only tho. No option for FFP on them. The Optika5 supposedly has same glass & coatings, just a 1" tube. Might cut down on the overall light transmission tho, I dunno