• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Optimized Duty Sight

Interesting concept for sure. The picture make the rear sight look huge. Pricing isn't bad. Will have to do some more reading/looking

I'm no HSLD SF Operator, but I've always found blank plain sights work faster for me. The more crap you put on there the more crap is in front of you to line up to try to make perfect (as the article admits regarding a crooked painting). I wouldn't put one on my duty gun, I like a serrated front and rear with a U notch.

The more crap you put on there the more crap is in front of you to line up to try to make perfect (as the article admits regarding a crooked painting).

exactly my thoughts. They are trying to make a "faster" sight, but at the same time they have added additional things that you need to line up to make the shot.

I could see these on a gun that somebody was trying to be more accurate with, but from a speed stand point, I think they will disappoint.

For plain 'ol fixed iron pistol sights, there sure is a lot of shit going on with that sight picture. No tritium? No thanks

When in doubt, KISS

Good comments. You'll never see me with Horus telescopic sights. Cross hairs and hashmarks are all I can deal with. Might be just as bad with pistol sights.

Good comments. You'll never see me with Horus telescopic sights. Cross hairs and hashmarks are all I can deal with. Might be just as bad with pistol sights.

The cynical side of me says they're just hoping to float this by out there in the hopes of having something "different" with a SF/operator seal of approval...whether it's worth a damn or not.

This seems like a gimmick much like those triangle sights that came out a few years back. For night sights I have transitioned to 1 front dot and 1 rear dot to simplify things. Less is more with pistol sights.

I like my front sights fat and my back sight width even fatter. I like tritium up front but can go without it on a rear, or at most a single dot. I think ameriglo got it right with their I-dot, simple but effective. I still really like the big dot but could not get past my own precision limitations with them for a pistol.

Glock-sites-ODS-lg.jpg

Glock Sight - Optimized Duty Sight (ODS)

"The ODS was designed to take advantage of the inborn hardwiring of our brains to instinctively find symmetry. These sights have three vertical and three horizontal alignment features that the eye automatically lines up while the operator is presenting the weapon to the target (see picture). This 3X3 alignment design allows for the most rapid sight alignment of any iron sights on the market. The Optimized Duty Sight was also designed to quickly give the operator a more refined sight picture (relation of the sights on the target) by the narrow profile front sight and the angled facets cut into the rear sight. These features enable the operator to see more of the target thru the sights while maintaining sight alignment thru the engagement.

The luminous lines on the rear sight and the dot with vertical line on the front sight allow for precise sight alignment in low light environments. All of these unique design features on the ODS facilitate faster target acquisition, quicker sight alignment, a more refined sight picture, and ultimately more timely and accurate fire on target. In addition to the novel sighting system of the ODS, the external construction of the ODS were specifically engineered for the eventuality of clearing or charging the pistol during one hand operations. The reverse slope of both the front and rear sight can be used to bite into clothing, belt, steering wheel, or virtually any edge to facilitate racking the slide."

It's true that the human brain will fill in details and different designs aid in focus, so why not apply the principles to gun sights? I say give them a chance before you cast judgment.

But what does a doctor know anyways...

The more I look at these the more I think if a man had a dovetail cutter he could accomplish 90% of what this sight is in about 15 mins. I like the concept but they're too much money with no tritium vials IMO. Maybe a triangle file on a stock set of glock sights would be a cheap test to see if you liked them.

Looks interesting. I would like to see them on a pistol to try them first. I have thought that the ghost ring rear pistol sight that has been out for a while might be really fast, but I haven't seen one on any pistol to look at yet.