• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Ordered an SN-3

bth87

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2009
Tucson, AZ
So as the title states I just ordered an 3.8-22x58 SN-3 from USO and was wondering if anyone would be willing to post some pictures if they have the same scope because im trying to figure out how big the damn thing is gonna be on my rifle.
For those who are interested the specs are as follows.

-EREK milestone
-US #3 M40 windage
-35mm tube
-MPR reticle
-internal bubble level
-red illumintation
-USO is also going to mill out the tube to get some extra elevation as the scope is going on a .338lm

Re: Ordered an SN-3

It will be a beast. My 3.2-17x58 w/30mm tube and 4" sunshade is enormous. I have a 3.8-22x58mm 35mm being built also and know it will be a few inches longer, but at least they have 2" sunshades for the 58mm obj now.

Here is the shorter 3.2-17 on a Savage 24"

wlekiu.jpg

Could you please explain that milling of the tube option? I'm interested in that same model for a 338 Lapua but want something with more elevation. How much more elevation do you get and how much does it cost? Any downsides to the milling?

well as I'm told this will result in 15-20 minutes more elevation. As far as i know it wont cost any extra. As for downsides I'm pretty sure USO's tubes are a lot thicker and more stout than other companies so i doubt there would be any significant structural compromise.

My 3.8-22x58 with 2" sunshade (35mm tube)

It is big, but its a great scope. Everyone calls it the hubble telescope haha
IMG_0064-1.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

dpreston,
is that a 35mm tube? also what ring height are ya using?

Thanks

yes 35mm tube as stated above. And I'm using USO-lows. Its a pretty close fit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dpreston</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes 35mm tube as stated above. And I'm using USO-lows. Its a pretty close fit. </div></div>

What contour is your barrel?

I haven't ordered rings for my 58mm/35mm combo and it looks like USO low rings MIGHT work but am worried I'd have to go to mediums and have them clear by a mile. I hate getting stuck with a set of rings that won't work.

its a bartlein medium palma. I originally was going to go with mediums, but USO said they were out of stock and no other manufacturer had 35mm rings at the time. So I took a chance and went with the USO lows (USO said they would refund me if they didnt work) and everything worked out.

check out USMCj's posts in this thread. He helped me out when I was getting rings.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...473#Post1687473

USO SN3 is expensive BUT it is the best

I have the SN3 on my 308 SSG08 and on my SSG08 338LM. Awesome scopes. Not on the same league as the fine Leupold M4 or even the cheaper but extraordinary value Sightron SIII.
BUT
If you want to get the best and dont mind expending some extra dollars.... US Optics rock.
My 0,002c
Eduardo

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/REALcybersniper/DSC_0046small20.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dpreston</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its a bartlein medium palma. I originally was going to go with mediums, but USO said they were out of stock and no other manufacturer had 35mm rings at the time. So I took a chance and went with the USO lows (USO said they would refund me if they didnt work) and everything worked out.

check out USMCj's posts in this thread. He helped me out when I was getting rings.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...473#Post1687473 </div></div>

I will have to go mediums as my barrel is large.

thanks for the feedback guys I still have no effin idea what im going to use for rings because it seems that seekins 1.00 highs are near impossible to find.

Call Glen and have him make you a set. You may have to wait but it will be well worth it. Tell him what you're working with and he can get you what you need. He's a great guy.

Michael T.

I'd call USO and ask them, they are shooters as well and know their products very well and can advise you