• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Ordered IOR Valdada

FSRbikr98

Private
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2010
Long Island, NY
Just placed my order tonight with Scott from Liberty Optics.

In less then 10 minutes, the transaction was done, and my scope should hopefully be here by the end of the week. Very friendly service, look forward to ordering from him again in the future.

I've been going back and forth trying to find my first higher end scope, and narrowed my decision down to the IOR 3.5-18 50mm, or Nightforce NXS 3.5-15 F1. I went to my local gun store, and had a very lengthy discussion with one of the guys there, and he went home, got his personal rifle with the NXS equipped, so i could check out the glass quality. I was really impressed with how much better it was then my current Leupold Vx-iii.

But the decision also had price to factor in, as well as availability. It seems many places were back ordered on the NXS, and the price was also several hundred dollars higher then the IOR. Everything i've read states that the glass quality is at least on par with nightforce, if not better, so in that aspect i am glad. If the scope performs as well, with tracking and repeatability, then it will be kept and used for a very long time.

Overall, i am a satisfied customer. I will post pics when it gets here.

Rifle will be getting in the next few weeks

new scope,
nightforce 20moa base, bedded to action
lapped bolt face

btw its a remmington 700 PSS .308 since i realize i did not mention it earlier.

Re: Ordered IOR Valdada

so.....which IOR are you getting..... ? as you might realize that you didn't mention that earlier...
whistle.gif

I have had a older one for a couple of years and have been completely happy with it. I also have a couple of nightforces. The glass is on par with NF or better. I didn't have a single issue with the scopes tracking. The mp8 dot reticle is easy to use and works well for precise aiming. I am not a 1000 rnd a month shooter but found it to do what was asked of it every time I took it to the range.

Rthur

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FSRbikr98</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol you are right i did not mention that

3.5-18 50mm Objective 35mm tube </div></div> I have one of those, great scope.

Your going to dig that optic. I got its little brother the 3-18x42.works great. And you ordered it from Scott so all is good

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beck.jamie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You won't be disappointed.

Pics:
IMG_0008-1-1-1.jpg

IMG_0019-3-1.jpg

Jamie
</div></div>

How high did you get those rings? I have a M40A1 and I was thinking of getting low rings.

I have one on my .308 and I'm very pleased. My only complaint is that the MP-8 Dot Reticule is a bit heavy for precise shooting at distance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crackerbacks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have one on my .308 and I'm very pleased. My only complaint is that the MP-8 Dot Reticule is a bit heavy for precise shooting at distance. </div></div>

I can't say I've experienced that. On 10x, I'm making "head" shots on steel at 600 yards.

In my experience, the MP-8 is the best reticle I've used.

The mp8 works great to me.It seems course compared to a premier tree but its plenty easy to be precise for plinking steel to a grand.

I just finished mounting my IOR today (using a 6x24X50). Absolutely love the scope so far, did side by sides with it today at about 1/4 mile for clarity, and it blows my Leupold away. Biggest bragging right I have for IOR is their CS dept. I ordered the wrong rings and did an exchange. Called them up, shipped mine back, and they express mailed the new ones to me on their dime. Good people and a great product imo.

Low rings for bolt guns and High/Med for most autos is the ring rule for the 35mm tube. Think I saw that question.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sniper6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How high did you get those rings? I have a M40A1 and I was thinking of getting low rings. </div></div>

Those rings are med. I have since purchased low rings for this scope. I just don't have a pic with the low rings (I purchased the IOR low rings).

Jamie

I spoke with Scott also about this scope and was just about ready to pull the trigger on one. Then I checked their website and read the FAQ, "What is the turn around time for repairs?" Seems like everything would be fine if they have parts on-hand, but if they don't your looking at like 6 months without your scope. I'm sure the odds are good you won't have a problem and I really like the look and feel of the scope. But when they talk about "BATCH Shipments" to Europe it makes me a little nervous. Anyone have any experience with this?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Runamuk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I spoke with Scott also about this scope and was just about ready to pull the trigger on one. Then I checked their website and read the FAQ, "What is the turn around time for repairs?" Seems like everything would be fine if they have parts on-hand, but if they don't your looking at like 6 months without your scope. I'm sure the odds are good you won't have a problem and I really like the look and feel of the scope. But when they talk about "BATCH Shipments" to Europe it makes me a little nervous. Anyone have any experience with this? </div></div>there have been a few threads on it lately....people said within 2 weeks they had their scope back or a new one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beck.jamie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sniper6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How high did you get those rings? I have a M40A1 and I was thinking of getting low rings. </div></div>

Those rings are med. I have since purchased low rings for this scope. I just don't have a pic with the low rings (I purchased the IOR low rings).

Jamie </div></div>

Thanks for your help Jamie, I think the Lows should be ok. Looks like a heck of a nice scope for my build.

i have a 6-24x50 mp8 dot on my gap hospitaller and i love it, the reticle is awsome and the glass is top notch only second to s&b . im 100% happy with the scope and im sure you will be as well, congrats on your purchase

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CrazyDonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Runamuk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I spoke with Scott also about this scope and was just about ready to pull the trigger on one. Then I checked their website and read the FAQ, "What is the turn around time for repairs?" Seems like everything would be fine if they have parts on-hand, but if they don't your looking at like 6 months without your scope. I'm sure the odds are good you won't have a problem and I really like the look and feel of the scope. But when they talk about "BATCH Shipments" to Europe it makes me a little nervous. Anyone have any experience with this? </div></div>there have been a few threads on it lately....people said within 2 weeks they had their scope back or a new one. </div></div>

Sent in one with a reticle problem last month. Brand new scope at my house in 1.5 weeks.

Scope came and went today. Unfortunately i was asleep, and i heard my dog barking like crazy, but thought maybe someone was out infront of my house. Well it was USPS with my scope, and they drove off before i could get outside.

So tomorrow morning i'll be at the post office picking it up! Damn that was fast, thank you Liberty Optics!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CrazyDonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">within 2 weeks they had their scope back or a new one. </div></div>

As I recall, I sent mine (3-18x42 SH) in on Monday and had it back by Friday.

Went out testing the 12-52x56 IOR and wait till you guys see this scope, WOW is all I can say. Put the dot on a Magpie at 2100yards I could see his beak and even his feet, cystal clear. This scope has 100MOA adjustment on a 40mm tube. IOR has changed allot with the customers, your in good hands now days, as far as repair and turn around time to fix a problem if needed. I currently have 6 IOR and havent had a problem with one of them and I use the hell out of my stuff. Track flawless and glass is amazing, on the same with S&B to my eyes.

Congrats on your puchase!

I've also stepped into the line for 3.5-18x50 after a long wait. I guess my Hawke (bless him he held his own for a year now - surprise
smile.gif
) will have to find a new stick to sit on.
Should have it in a few days cant wait to shoot it and with 30moa mount the only problem i have is finding a mile long range to turn the button to the max. elev...

I got some on my cell phone, I will have a write up with pics on Monday when I get out of the field,,,,,pm me you phone number and Ill send you some

Sweet. I still like looking at pictures of the scope. I just ordered mine today. Scott was more than patient with me. Thanks Scott! Hopefully, it won't disappoint, but I highly doubt it. From the latest reviews, the latest IOR is fantastic!

I went and picked my new scope up from the post office today.

After opening the box, examining it and playing with it around my house and looking out my windows. This is the nicest piece of kit i have put on any gun, ever. The reticle is super freakin clear, but it is thick at 18x.

I love the illumination buttons on the side of the scope, very easy to adjust illumination. The knobs are all very sturdy, and the elevation turret is very large and easy to read when you are behind the scope.

The glass is really clear and bright, its almost an optical illusion, when you are on 10x, i feel like i can see things so much farther and clearer. My Leupold VxIII i would have to turn the power all the way up to make out small details in distant objects. I could make out the same details at a much lower power on the IOR.

So far very satisfied, and excited. I am going to box test the scope the first time on, to see what the tracking is like, and will report back after.

Thanks for the awesome post and feedback!

If an IOR scope fails, you never wait 6 months for a repair, you just get a new scope, this has been the case for 8 years...

Smokin99, good on ya. That scope will sell out quickly this summer, I predict.

As for the reticle thickness, just focus on that 1/10 mil center dot at 18x and you will be fine

Scott

That is always a plus Scott!

On another note, I just got mine in today! Definitely love it so far and will be testing it out tomorrow! With all that's been happening to me, you don't know how much I appreciate your CS. I will be putting together my rifle tonight since I got the barrel threaded and pics will be up tonight or tomorrow after the shoot since I didn't want to create another thread about the same topic.

If the op has a problem, I can create a new thread to post pics. Otherwise, they will be added to this one if it's ok.