• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Oregon is just circling the drain

308pirate

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Apr 25, 2017

This shit needs to be stopped by any means necessary

Its all about producing dumb kids and making America weaker.

Killing the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Math is all about discipline, laws and truth........cant have those concepts in our society.

Oregon should watch Modern Family to solve their problems......

serious question here..has anyone ever actually met a white supremacist?.....say within the last 15-20 yrs?

like full fledged KKK wearing Aryan nation type guy?...and more importantly, have you ever met one who holds an actual respectable job in society?

i mean, the way the left and the media talk about "white supremacy"....youd think those fuckers would be everywhere, like hell, im half expecting to open my mail box and have a fucking Klansmen jump out of it.

......but the thing is, ive never actually fucking met one.....hell, i dont think ive ever actually SEEN a legit white supremacist......

...but apparently they are everywhere and control everything...

Bah! As a native Oregonian I am so sick of seeing these stories. Oregon is the FLORIDA MAN of political decision making. Every time you see a stupid, idiotic, woke news story it is OR leading the pack. I moved to AZ for work and just can't see myself ever returning to OR in it's current political structure. Its a shame because I miss the beauty of that state. Truly, a naturally beautiful state where 95% of it's population is just common, hard working folks ruled by the political elite in Salem, Portland, and Eugene. I can commiserate with what an upstate New Yorker feels like.

Reactions: FjallJager
    serious question here..has anyone ever actually met a white supremacist?.....say within the last 15-20 yrs?

like full fledged KKK wearing Aryan nation type guy?...and more importantly, have you ever met one who holds an actual respectable job in society?

i mean, the way the left and the media talk about "white supremacy"....youd think those fuckers would be everywhere, like hell, im half expecting to open my mail box and have a fucking Klansmen jump out of it.

......but the thing is, ive never actually fucking met one.....hell, i dont think ive ever actually SEEN a legit white supremacist......

Thats white supremacy talk right there. :ROFLMAO: 🤣

• Haha
    Reactions: ...

As I understand things, if you're a straight white man then ipso facto you're lumped in as white supremacist....

Kinda like the San Francisco school board who’s questioning if an applicant is diverse enough even though he’s gay, in a mixed ethnicity marriage and with bi racial kids.

Reactions: 10ring'r

It's a page right the fuck out of Joseph Goebbels' playbook

Reactions: ... and HD1911

Yes. During my former career in law enforcement I did meet a handful. None were productive members of society. Their circles were small, and they tended to be pretty private. Now, this is referring to some Aryan Nation (not Brotherhood) and KKK members. I ran across a fair number of would be considered to be racists who were not members of formal white supremacist groups. My big take from these groups were that the Aryans and KKK wanted a completely white society, while the others just did not like some people of other races, but they didn’t do anything to try and further their views. The Aryans and KKK held meetings to try and promote their views, but as I mentioned, their circles were small. Recruiting efforts were limited and very private.

Reactions: Baron23
    Its all about producing dumb kids and making America weaker.

Killing the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Math is all about discipline, laws and truth........cant have those concepts in our society.

It's also about redefining the language and perpetuating victimhood status

Reactions: hiddenmongoose
    Knowing now how the Dems work, I suspect much of their success in politics is because of voter fraud. If we, and Trump, can fix the Fraud, OR and Washington may not be ruled by the Dems much longer. As has been pointed out, the Dems stole the WA governor's race with "found" ballots in 2004, then went to an all mail in ballot system. They have controlled the state ever since.

4+4-2=
    1613143166662.png

But....but...but Arabic numerals.........

Gonna have to go. Arabs were one of the biggest slave traders in their part of the world.

Can't use Roman numerals either. Talk about some imperialist olive skinned supremacy motherfuckers...….

So it will have to be Chinese numerals. OK'd by our new overlords.

Reactions: tiNdvenTFHwMdqKW
    Gonna have to go. Arabs were one of the biggest slave traders in their part of the world.

Can't use Roman numerals either. Talk about some imperialist olive skinned supremacy motherfuckers...….

So it will have to be Chinese numerals. OK'd by our new overlords.

I see a fasci in your avatar.......

Have you seen a leftist? Then you've seen and/or met a white supremacist. Doesn't matter what color they themselves are, it's part of their ideology. The only difference between them and a kkk freak is what they think should be done about white people being superior.

Think about it, the core belief system these people support is that white people have privilege by virtue of their skin color that another race cannot achieve. That is the literal definition of superiority. Their answers vary but ultimately are to reduce requirements for everything so that other, non-white's, are able to meet those requirements.

So, they are right -- white supremacists are everywhere. Like a plague on this country they are tearing it apart with their white supremacy ideology. Like all racial supremacists, they're also stupid; too stupid to realize they are the white supremacists they so fear.

Reactions: Howland and HD1911
    If you can read FBI tables 6, 8, and 11. And understand what they say.... you may be a Supremacist (by liberal definition).
    If you believe that college admission should be based upon ability, instead of race, you may be a Supremacist.
    If you have ever uttered "let the best man win" as it applies to hiring or advancement in the workplace, you may be a Supremacist.
    If you have ever decided to avoid the high-crime areas in major cities, you may be a Supremacist.
    If you ever wondered why any business would want to build, in high-riot zones in cities, you may be a supremacist.

A very broad net has been tossed, under the description of Supremacist.

You have seen one and recently, his name is Joe Biden. The only difference between your description and Biden is that no one has pictures of him in the white uniform.

Reactions: 308pirate

Yes, had 3 reich eagle on his ball cap and all, sad caricature of an inbred moron.
    My Polish coworker told him to get the fuck out before I was able to open my mouth.

Reactions: Maggot

This shit needs to be stopped by any means necessary
    ""Upholding the idea that there are always right and wrong answers perpetuate objectivity as well as fear of open conflict."

These people are utter morons.

Sadly like most of the west coast, the coastal elites dominate the elections while the vast majority of the state by area view things much differently.

Same in Maryland where I live...Baltimore and the DC suburb counties drive all politics and the rest of the state just looks on in wonder at the things these cretins focus on in Annapolis.

As I understand things, if you're a straight white man then ipso facto you're lumped in as white supremacist....
    Nay, nay....you are only a racist if you disagree with them.

If you drop to your knees in remorse for being a racist, rip you clothes and pull your hair in guilt that you are white, agree that you are privileged even if you family came to this country on a boat and after them and worked their ass off to get where they are, and if you think that the rest of this country owes 13% of it "reparations"....well, then you're ok. sigh

Nay, nay....you are only a racist if you disagree with them.

If you drop to your knees in remorse for being a racist, rip you clothes and pull your hair in guilt that you are white, agree that you are privileged even if you family came to this country on a boat and after them and worked their ass off to get where they are, and if you think that the rest of this country owes 13% of it "reparations"....well, then you're ok. sigh
    She dropped to her knees but not in remorse, it was to suck her way up to Vice Presidency one Big Gulp at a time

Coming from eastern WA this is so true. If you were to be able to separate King, Snohomish, Pierce Co. in WA and Multnomah and a couple others in OR. All the rest of both states are Trump country. Same way with what's happening here in Texas.

Reactions: tiNdvenTFHwMdqKW
    When people of a Country or Nation decide that they don't want to coexist anymore politically or personally with the group they have determined is a detriment to them, what should be the next action taken ......... Go Full Darwin with struggle for existence and follow the science of nature ?

From the article

The Oregon Department of Education (ODE) recently encouraged teachers to register for training that encourages "ethnomathematics" and argues, among other things, that White supremacy manifests itself in the focus on finding the right answer.

So finding the right answer is only something white people strive to achieve?

If you are not white, you should be completely insulted by this article and what it is implying about you

They're around.

Never met a KKK member, but up north we had skinheads. Look for shaved heads, doc martins and bomber jackets. Sometimes you'll see their tattoos poking out from behind their clothes.

They're usually dirt poor and keep to themselves though. You've probably walked right past them without noticing.

Tons of them in prison too.

Yes. During my former career in law enforcement I did meet a handful. None were productive members of society. Their circles were small, and they tended to be pretty private. Now, this is referring to some Aryan Nation (not Brotherhood) and KKK members. I ran across a fair number of would be considered to be racists who were not members of formal white supremacist groups. My big take from these groups were that the Aryans and KKK wanted a completely white society, while the others just did not like some people of other races, but they didn’t do anything to try and further their views. The Aryans and KKK held meetings to try and promote their views, but as I mentioned, their circles were small. Recruiting efforts were limited and very private.

I will say this, they are not in anyway conservative.

Reminds me of BLM and their push to have their own world.

There's nothing new or degenerative about ethnomathematics, really. It's simply acknowledging that different cultures - especially due to common language - handle math and numbers differently. The Chinese language, for example, articulates numbers way differently than English. In English, we say for 18,210: Eighteen thousand two hundred ten. This is very efficient but doesn't generate potentially beneficial neural pathways forcing the brain to effectively add every time you articulate that number (or one like it) as does articulating the same number in any form of the Chinese languages. In Chinese you might process this number in your head as: one ten thousand eight one thousand two one hundred one ten. That language literally builds the number in its articulation and consequently you may be able to do "head math" more effectively because of that logic.

Part of learning math is your parents (or your self-drive... rare) sitting your tiny ass at the dining room table and hitting the books for hours until it clicks. For some students, they simply do not have the wiring for advanced math to click regardless of determination or time spent studying. But, for most human beings, enough dedication and studying will get you through Calculus, which IMO every single student should be required to take in this country before being awarded a high school diploma. I'm so sick of students getting degrees and avoiding all but "College Prep Algebra" (unless that same school offers trade education).

For me to learn math, I have to understand the why and how of the equation. Not just follow the steps. I have to know why the steps are the way they are so that I can extrapolate and apply to a different scenario that is supposed to use the same methodology (and be able to see that that methodology is what is needed). Many, many teachers do not teach the roots, just the flower. And unless the student has a natural proclivity to math, he/she may never be able to truly understand the equation or purpose of the equation. Consequently, even if they manage a good grade, they do not retain it and they cannot actually build from it (especially after a summer of zero academic rigor or application of that knowledge in real world scenarios). Some students - like me - actually fair better skipping introductory classes and being forced to back-learn/reverse engineer from a more complex scenario. Some students require significant effort toward critical thinking - not just explaining the answer but getting them to think through the process and why the answer is correct (or not). The latter is a form of what I think is being proposed here (and also an effective tool used to teach children with learning disabilities of varying types and degrees).

That said, there is not "more than one answer" to most math scenarios, especially those taught in anything less than a PhD in Astrophysics. Unless I'm just missing something, 2+2 is 4. 7 x 3 is 21. 20 / 4 is 5. There's many ways to think about how to do that equation... but it's always one answer. This approach, as far as I can tell from these horseshit articles on it, would seemingly confuse children more than help them.

White people did not create math. It's rooted in the Middle East. We have Arabic numerals. The Sumerians created the first crude procedural form of it (of course for the purpose of taxation) using the bones on the 4 fingers (not thumb) of each hand. Even today in West Africa, many people articulate and think about numbers as numerals of 5 or 20 aligned to the number of digits on a hand or total number of fingers/toes. Cultures have thought about numbers differently ever since. The way children in the US are taught math is inferior to Germany, Japan, China, Israel... the list goes on. I'm all for change in STEM teaching. I'm not keen on doing so because the existing approach is "racist"... that's a lot. That feels akin to saying the standard way of writing music is racist because a black person and a white person might play the same song from the same sheet differently. When it is in fact the case that two white people of equal skill but different emotional conviction will play it differently, too. But that is the application of the answer to the math equation, not the answer to the math equation. When it says "play C#"... you play C#. You may hit the note harder or softer, cut it just a billsecond sooner, let the string hit the frets, whatever... but you are playing C#. That C# is math. You can do whatever you want with the instruction beyond the baseline of it having to be C#.

Last edited:
    To be fair their target demographic is already familiar with kilos and grams. or is that not what ethnomathematics is about?

• Haha
    Reactions: Maggot
    There's nothing new or degenerative about ethnomathematics, really. It's simply acknowledging that different cultures - especially due to common language - handle math and numbers differently. The Chinese language, for example, articulates numbers way differently than English. In English, we say for 18,210: Eighteen thousand two hundred ten. This is very efficient but doesn't generate potentially beneficial neural pathways forcing the brain to effectively add every time you articulate that number (or one like it) as does articulating the same number in any form of the Chinese languages, for example. In Chinese you might process this number in your head as: one ten thousand eight one thousand two one hundred one ten. That language literally builds the number in its articulation and consequently you may be able to do "head math" more effectively.

Part of learning math is your parents (or your self-drive... rare) sitting your tiny ass at the dining room table and hitting the books for hours until it clicks. For some students, they simply do not have the wiring for advanced math to click regardless of determination or time spent studying. But, for most human beings, enough dedication and studying will get you through Calculus, which IMO every single student should be required to take in this country before being awarded a high school diploma. I'm so sick of students getting degrees and avoiding all but "College Prep Algebra" (unless that same school offers trade education).

For me to learn math, I have to understand the why and how of the equation. Not just follow the steps. I have to know why the steps are the way they are so that I can extrapolate and apply to a different scenario that is supposed to use the same methodology (and be able to see that that methodology is what is needed). Many, many teachers do not teach the roots, just the flower. And unless the student has a natural proclivity to math, he/she may never be able to truly understand the equation or purpose of the equation. Consequently, even if they manage a good grade, they do not retain it and they cannot actually build from it (especially after a summer of zero academic rigor or application of that knowledge in real world scenarios). Some students - like me - actually fair better skipping introductory classes and being forced to back-learn/reverse engineer from a more complex scenario. Some students require significant effort toward critical thinking - not just explaining the answer but getting them to think through the process and why the answer is correct (or not). The latter is a form of what I think is being proposed here (and also an effective tool used to teach children with learning disabilities of varying types and degrees).

That said, there is not "more than one answer" to most math scenarios, especially those taught in anything less than a PhD in Astrophysics. Unless I'm just missing something, 2+2 is 4. 7 x 3 is 21. 20 / 4 is 5. There's many ways to think about how to do that equation... but it's always one answer. This approach, as far as I can tell from these horseshit articles on it, would seemingly confuse children more than help them.

White people did not create math. It's rooted in the Middle East. We have Arabic numerals. The Sumerians created the first crude procedural form of it (of course for the purpose of taxation) using the bones on the 4 fingers (not thumb) of each hand. Even today in West Africa, many people articulate and think about numbers as numerals of 5 or 20 aligned to the number of digits on a hand or total number of fingers/toes. Cultures have thought about numbers differently ever since. The way children in the US are taught math is inferior to Germany, Japan, China, Israel... the list goes on. I'm all for change in STEM teaching. I'm not keen on doing so because the existing approach is "racist"... that's a lot. That feels akin to saying the standard way of writing music is racist because a black person and a white person might play the same song from the same sheet differently. When it is in fact the case that two white people of equal skill but different emotional conviction will play it differently, too. But that is the application of the answer to the math equation, not the answer to the math equation. When it says "play C#"... you play C#. You may hit the note harder or softer, cut it just a billsecond sooner, let the string hit the frets, whatever... but you are playing C#. That C# is math. You can do whatever you want with the instruction beyond the baseline of it having to be C#.
    Interesting take, thanks for the insight.

The Spanish do it more like the Chinese. 3578 becomes Tres mil (3 one thousands) cinco ciento (5 one hundreds) setenta (seventy) ocho (8).

Never really stopped to consider it that way though. Im one of those that is just not wired for math. I love it and see the absolute beauty in the purity of it, but have mild numeric dyslexia and have major trouble copying equations. I got through college algebra with an into to calc.

The true racism of low expectations.
    Assumed unable because of culture or color.
    Can't be that they've pissed away all the education money and still haven't done shit for them...

R

Reactions: ... and Jscb1b
    I want to trade my white privilege card in on a race card. Mine hasn't done shit for me. At least with a race card I'll get money or a get out of jail card or something for free.

@HousePlant i will just leave this math story here.

My Father was a genius, off the end of the scale. Both my brother & sister had no problem achieving academic excellence. Then there was me.

By the time I reached high school my Father was long retired. I had high school algebra with the head of the math department and tons of word problems. One of the questions was, if John could dig a garden in three hours and Jim could dig a garden in two hours how long would it take both John & Jim to dig the garden together? My answer was get a John Deer. Both my parents were called in to a parent teacher conference.

I lived with my Father the last 10 years of his life. When he was about 97 or 98 I came home from work & all of his calculus & diffy Q’s books were all over the living room floor. He was very troubled. I said, Dad, what is the problem? He said he was going senile, he could not do his calculus in his head anymore.

Me, if it was Big Blue / IBM on the other end of my terminal I could make that machine dance.

Maxwell

Have you seen a leftist? Then you've seen and/or met a white supremacist. Doesn't matter what color they themselves are, it's part of their ideology. The only difference between them and a kkk freak is what they think should be done about white people being superior.

Think about it, the core belief system these people support is that white people have privilege by virtue of their skin color that another race cannot achieve. That is the literal definition of superiority. Their answers vary but ultimately are to reduce requirements for everything so that other, non-white's, are able to meet those requirements.

So, they are right -- white supremacists are everywhere. Like a plague on this country they are tearing it apart with their white supremacy ideology. Like all racial supremacists, they're also stupid; too stupid to realize they are the white supremacists they so fear.
    You seen this? Pretty funny

Reactions: Gommer