• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Oregon Sniper challenge

Re: Oregon Sniper challenge

Lindy is correct. The elevation is 300 feet. I realize that people are coming from all over so I will be giving everyone a chance to zero their rifles on Sat. morning.

I asked the guys at the DR booth at the Canby gun show Saturday what the elevation was and they looked at me like I was stupid. Was gonna run up there with the GPS but looks that you guys have already done the work for me. Perfect since my home range is at 200', my house is about 700', and getting to zero on Saturday will be nice for most from out of town.

Just FYI, today was sunny but around 4pm it downpoured. Supposed to rain all week but as of right now Sat/Sun look dry. But this is OR and could change and probably will.

Wooot!
There's no such thing as bad weather here.....just poor apparel choices.

Weather Update (as of this morning).

Sat. Mostly Cloudy in the morning....then partly sunny. A chance of showers. Highs around 60.

Sun. Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers. Highs 60 to 65.

Can i zero on Friday afternoon, i took the whole day off and am heading out early (any good gun shops near by)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sumpter Steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Weather Update (as of this morning).

Sat. Mostly Cloudy in the morning....then partly sunny. A chance of showers. Highs around 60.

Sun. Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers. Highs 60 to 65. </div></div>

High of 60, thats winter gear for us in Arizona. I'll bring my jacket.

Providing this is ok and not breaking any rules???

I would be more then happy to volunteer my time to meet any of you guys at the range on Friday for sighting in your rifle.

Maximum range on Friday would be 200yds.

Let me know!

PM or email, [email protected]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghost_Rider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Providing this is ok and not breaking any rules???

I would be more then happy to volunteer my time to meet any of you guys at the range on Friday for sighting in your rifle.

Let me know!

PM or email, [email protected] </div></div>

Thanks for the help. I will be really busy Thurs/Fri so I wont be able to meet people at the range. I appreciate you volunteering. Steve.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twisted</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh, and I'm shooting the Sniper Challenge too. I'm excited, can't wait. Fortunatly for me its only about 40 minutes from home so no travel. If any of you hide members need anything that I may be able to provide cause I live close say the word and I'll see what I can do. I have a couch if anyone really needs it.</div></div>

any chance of a ride from the airport ????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twisted</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh, and I'm shooting the Sniper Challenge too. I'm excited, can't wait. Fortunatly for me its only about 40 minutes from home so no travel. If any of you hide members need anything that I may be able to provide cause I live close say the word and I'll see what I can do. I have a couch if anyone really needs it.</div></div>

any chance of a ride from the airport ????

</div></div>

What day are you coming in? The airport is exactly the wrong direction from me by an hour or so but if I can make it work I can help out.

The Portland Gun Show is this weekend and I'm gonna try to be there Friday to pick up a few things. The show isn't too far from the airport. If you guys need a lift somewhere let me know and I'll see what we can make happen.

Don't sweat it Scott. I got a really soft/comfy couch for ya. Between Woj8541, LONEWOLF8541, and you it will be like a sniper slumber party. LOL. Looking forward to it. Steve.

Weather Update:

Sat. 56deg. 40% chance of rain.
Sun. 61deg. 20% chance of rain.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seriously can't wait to be humiliated by all you guys!
</div></div>

You will do fine as long as you remember "there are no good ideas the night before a match!".
wink.gif

Now me? I am more than likely to screw the pooch on something. I am contemplating leaving the AR10 at home so I don't get the stupid notion to use it as a primary rifle. </div></div>

Hahaha thanks for the vote of confidence man you can rest assured I learned that lesson last time around
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghost_Rider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Providing this is ok and not breaking any rules???

Let me know!

PM or email, [email protected] </div></div>

What time is everyone hoping to take up this offer? It'd be nice if we all met at the same time so as not to waste this kind offer. Id love to drop by that afternoon though and throw a few down just to be sure of things.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Olin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do I have to use a scope and sight in early or can I just use my Win 94? </div></div>

I say just use the win94 for the whole event

It is pouring here right now. I wonder how much my golf umbrella will slow me down during the obstacle course.

Pat M. and I have exchanged info and he is interested in sighting in on Friday.

Maybe? Sumpter Steve, could send out an email letting all the competitors know there will be a sight in on Friday?

I am open and happy to help out. You guys let me know what time you would like me to be there and we will make it happen!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghost_Rider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pat M. and I have exchanged info and he is interested in sighting in on Friday.

Maybe? Sumpter Steve, could send out an email letting all the competitors know there will be a sight in on Friday?

I am open and happy to help out. You guys let me know what time you would like me to be there and we will make it happen!

</div></div>

PM sent.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sumpter Steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghost_Rider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pat M. and I have exchanged info and he is interested in sighting in on Friday.

</div></div>

PM sent. </div></div>

PM replied.

hope to get down there by 2:00 - 3:00

Hope a few of you know a good cheap resturant for Saturday dinner, BS'ing will be provided free of charge.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hope to get down there by 2:00 - 3:00

Hope a few of you know a good cheap resturant for Saturday dinner, BS'ing will be provided free of charge. </div></div>

I'm in, but we're gonna have to do some figurin if we've got 40 schmucks that wanna wolf down chow we'll probably wanna call it in somewhere.

There's a lot of awesome options in town here so I'm sure we'll have no problem figuring something out.

If you guys set up a dinner somewhere (I suggest the Edgefield) Jen and I along with LONEWOLF8541, his wife and BOLTRIPPER would be game. Give me a holler. Steve. (971)570-5964.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is pouring here right now. I wonder how much my golf umbrella will slow me down during the obstacle course. </div></div>

I could picture you in this though:
UmbrellaHat.jpg

Shoot safe and have a great match folks!

Steve, I should be in Portland around 5pm on Friday. If you guys wouldn't mind another taggin along for dinner give me a call. 541-430-5499.

Thanks, KeithR41

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sumpter Steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you guys set up a dinner somewhere (I suggest the Edgefield) Jen and I along with LONEWOLF8541, his wife and BOLTRIPPER would be game. Give me a holler. Steve. (971)570-5964. </div></div>

Edgefield is a great bet. I'll call ya up a little later Steve!

Heading to the range now. Be there by 2:00. If phone goes to voice mail leave message or try calling back.

For those of you looking to pick up some rain gear.
There are several REIs in and around the Portland Area.
IceBreaker also has a flagship store in Portland along with Columbia and Filson.
Give me a call if anyone needs gear or grub in the AM...I'm local to the Portland area and about 30 miles West of the range.
Jorge 503-803-6561

I want to thank everyone for coming out to this event. It means a lot to us. It sure was fun seeing you all at the bar tonight. I Hope everyone has a great time and I wish you all the best of luck. Steve.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Keep feeding those guys drinks Steve!! </div></div>

X2

Just finished packing my gear, its pouring outside or I'd load my rig right now too. See everyone in the morning.

(And for those who don't know me, which is most of you, I'm the bigger hawaiin lookin dude, will be driving a lifted dark blue Cherokee, woodland camo BDU pants, black jacket, eberlestock in OD.)

smile.gif

Kudos to Steve and his crew. In spite of around an inch of rain, the match has been great fun so far. There will be much wringing out of rifles and gear tonight!

Darrell

Just finished putting some warm food in the belly. Gonna start cleaning and drying gear now and be back out there bright and early again.

Match is goin great, good people, good times. Steve is doing good with everything. Can't wait for the heli tomorrow.

Curious.... seeing much over-pressure problems in all of that rain?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Curious.... seeing much over-pressure problems in all of that rain? </div></div>

Not too much. Most people are running factory ammo (low power), or low to moderate hand loads. I think I only saw one jammed ejector, and his brass didn't exhibit any real pressure signs.

Speaking for myself, I deliberately kept my handloads for this match on the mild side for just that reason.

Darrell

I've been keeping my ammo in my rain jacket until its time to shoot. Plus i put my shamahag over the rifle to keep optics dry.

Nomad and Jasonk are both doing well. Not sure of others.

I have not seen any pressure signs in my handloads and they are a hair on the hot side of things. But we're also only 20 miles from home where I worked up the loads originally so no surprises.

I'm shooting ok, not great, problem is there are a lot of folks shooting better.
wink.gif

Just got home, well got home and ate some warm dinner first, but yeah, just got home.

First and foremost, thank you Steve and everyone who helped with this match. I had an absolute blast and hope this match continues to grow and get better and better. Especially since it is only 30 minutes from home.

I can't stress enough how enjoyable this match was for me. I'm still amped.

To all the hide members I met, great to put faces to names. I'm horrible with names but you guys made the journey all the way to the boonies where I live so wanted to at least not waste the chance to meet ya and shake your hands.

To all those I didn't get to meet face to face, I'm sure we probably spoke words at one point. Everyone at the match, RO's, shooters, everyone was very positive and great. I met a lot of good people.

Will touch on stuff more later but need to chill and clean up some first. Its time to relax a little.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">congrats to NOMAD......way to go Tony

</div></div>

X2

Very good shooting and some very entertaining stories throughout the weekend.

For those that I didn't get the chance to introduce myself to or just didn't make the connection, this was me shooting the hostage rescue stage yesterday. (And that is the PH I won from Scott and Liberty Optics last year when he did his Sniper's Hide raffle)

875602797_9aGV6-XL.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been keeping my ammo in my rain jacket until its time to shoot. Plus i put my shamahag over the rifle to keep optics dry.</div></div>

Us desert dwellers all learned how to do that a few months ago in Phoenix.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">congrats to NOMAD......way to go Tony
</div></div>

Hey Boltripper stop picken up the brass for a minute and give us some more info! How about some photos.