• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Oregon Sniper challenge

Re: Oregon Sniper challenge

Congrats everyone that did well! I know my friend ended up winning the pistol event so he was pretty stoked about that!

I want to see some helicopter pictures!

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJohnson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats everyone that did well! I know my friend ended up winning the pistol event so he was pretty stoked about that!

Mike </div></div>

THe helicopter was bad fucking ass!!!! There will be some great photos later. I know the work that a couple of the photogs working the event do and they will be awesome.

All I got right now is a crappy pic from my Blackberry uploaded via facebook.

31224_1191050955432_1803122037_367647_3537033_n.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJohnson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats everyone that did well! I know my friend ended up winning the pistol event so he was pretty stoked about that!

Mike </div></div>

Did he win day one or the pistol event overall? Either way I'm sure he did better than I. I believe the winner of the stage and the M&P pistol scored a 193 out of 200. Thats pretty incredible in my opinion. Good job to him.

Hi all,
This weekend was a blast! It was great to meet & shoot with all of you.
I'm going through my kit and finding a lot of wet gear!
Thanks and hats off to all who went out of their way to put this event on and for those who came from far away to attend.
Sign me up for next year and let me know if you need help with anything.
Cheers,
Jorge

Hey guys this is Steve's wife Jen and I wanted to let you all know (Oregon Sniper Challenge Contestants) that our new website is up "Coldborecomps.com" but it is a new project for me and it will take some time to get up the scores, pictures, etc. We will let you all know who to contact for pictures and videos. Thanks for your patience. Jen

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll be there, Lowlight said I can ban any member that place higher than me, you all better aim low.</div></div>

I'm going to give Tony an exemption from the banning since he's a sponsor here
smile.gif

Great meeting lots of new guys, thanks again to BOLTRIPPER and Scottmilk9, Tony, Glen, Al, Tom and the list goes on.

POF went above and beyond as a sponsor, that is for sure, HUGE how much they did.

Steve and Jenn ran a GREAT GREAT match, lots of fun and great attitudes from all the support staff, thanks again to the organizers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twisted</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJohnson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats everyone that did well! I know my friend ended up winning the pistol event so he was pretty stoked about that!

Mike </div></div>

Did he win day one or the pistol event overall? Either way I'm sure he did better than I. I believe the winner of the stage and the M&P pistol scored a 193 out of 200. Thats pretty incredible in my opinion. Good job to him. </div></div>

He won the overall and got the M&P I'm pretty sure... He's a member here I'm sure he'll chime in! I didn't know he was that good with a pistol lol

Mike

I don't know if he "won" one day or the other, but the pistol was scored as a combined score for both days. You didn't have to win either day, just shoot well both days and have the highest combined score....which he did.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know if he "won" one day or the other, but the pistol was scored as a combined score for both days. You didn't have to win either day, just shoot well both days and have the highest combined score....which he did. </div></div>

Yup, I hear ya and wasn't doubting anything. Was just curious if he knew. Impressive shooting no matter how you look at it.

Steve, I had a great time even with the rediculous weather. Thanks. Congrats to Nomad. I met a bunch of great people and defintately learned a SHIT TON! Next year I hope to have the foresight not to leave mandatory primer ignition equipment (my bolt)in the f-ing hotel room. Even though nobody laughed I'm laughing at myself. Steve should have had a dumbass award. Luckily it was waiting for me after the match.

Thanks to Glen Seekins for offering his rifle up to me and a big thanks to Olin for lending me his extra and spotting for me.

Steve, sign me up for next year!!!

KeithR41

Congrats to my team mate NOMAD for taking the win. Good job running that POF!

Sounds like a fun match. Wish I could have gotten the time off work to make it.

Wholly Cow, Team Blaster Actual pulls out the win ! with a gasser no less.

Does this mean there will be a run on POFs now... I guess it answers the accuracy debate, but some of us knew that.
smile.gif

Glad you all had a safe and fun match

First off, a HUGE thanks to Steve, Jen, John and the sponsors. Outstanding match. It was my first, and a huge learning experience. I really appreciated how approachable all the shooters were. All the top guys were right there willing to talk and share, even Glen Seekins offering up his rifle and ammo to a guy who's rifle went down. Even in a bad performance, it just makes you want to shoot with these guys even more. Congrats to Tony and Jason, and everyone else!!

Hope to see you all again next year if not sooner.

Dave

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wholly Cow, Team Blaster Actual pulls out the win ! with a gasser no less.

Does this mean there will be a run on POFs now... I guess it answers the accuracy debate, but some of us knew that.
smile.gif

Glad you all had a safe and fun match </div></div>

Considering the contribution POF made and the sweet certificates they were handing out for 200$ off an upper, I'll be buying a POF-15 and POF-308 upper in the near future.

Awesome show of support.

Also if you had anything to do with the Rifles only course that was given away thanks alot Frank we really appreciate it up here.

All in all this was an excellent competition, and I believe alot of people learned alot about their own limitations myself included.

I'm really looking forward to improving and going at it again in the future.

Was also really great meeting alot of you guys, and not so great meeting others hahahaha.

Also hope you guys enjoyed the piss poor weather it's sunny this morning
laugh.gif

Great job everyone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twisted</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
875659598_v3LcY-XL.jpg
</div></div>

Man, who is that sexy bastard in the middle?

"Wholly Cow, Team Blaster Actual pulls out the win ! with a gasser no less. "

What was amazing is he was asleep by 10pm on Saturday night... Cant have your glaze and glory at the same time
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DebosDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man, who is that sexy bastard in the middle? </div></div>

Not sure....but his hat said Deboner or something like that on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DebosDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twisted</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
875659598_v3LcY-XL.jpg
</div></div>

Man, who is that sexy bastard in the middle? </div></div>

I'd let him stay at my house.

Many thanks again to Steve and his crew for a *very* well run match. The coordination and forethought in the helicopter stage alone were impressive! It was a very fun match, and the locals will likely be scrounging for months looking for all of the Lapua .308 brass underneath the helo stage
grin.gif

Good shooting with you all, and well shot Nomad!

Darrell

Tony shot solid the whole weekend, he deserved to win without a doubt. We all gave up points we shouldn't have and like every match I learned some things, more like reinforced some things I knew but sometimes forget. For my shooting ability I crushed the posistional stage, I got lucky and Tony shot before me, I watched him and it reminded me to not force the shot if you don't have it.

As always it was great to see new and old faces. My wife and kids came out to watch the helicopter stage, my 3 year old boy loved to see that. My wife spent about 10-15 minutes talking with BOLTRIPPER and Scottmilk9, she thought they were both the nicest guys ever and couldn't say enough about them. I think her getting to meet the guys and see an event really let her realize why I love shooting in matches so much.

I hope I can hold it together for next weekend and shoot decent at NorCal. See a bunch of you there.

J

Maybe Im missing it but where are the results posted? I cant seem to find them. Nothing new for me though.

Congrats NOMAD

Results aren't posted that I know of, I gave away my score sheet to someone that wanted to see it, I should have kept it but was in a hurry to get home.

Congrats to all the shooters, especially the top guys! It was great to meet a lot of the Hide members and put names to faces. I don't post much but am on hear everyday...all I can say is what a great bunch of guys we have on this site that represent this community at these events. People were spotting for others, offering advice to the newer guys, and even offering rifles and rounds for the shooters having trouble. It is hard to find this caliber of people in other sports.

As everyone else has mentioned the event, sponsors, ro's, Steve, Jen, and John were top notch and run a top notch event. This will be a shoot that I look forward to each year! I had a blast hanging out with you guys and getting to know you, and can;t wait to shoot with everyone again.

Also, I am the guy that won the S&W M&P.I shot a 96 on day one strong side and a 97 on day two weak side. I hate to let everyone down that are congratulating me on my pistol ability, but all I do is plink with my pistols. Maybe I got lucky.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MystaFyre</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I shot a 96 on day one strong side and a 97 on day two weak side. </div></div>

So you're saying that your weak side....is actually your strong side
smile.gif

It was good to meet you MystaFyre, good shooting.

Congrats to Nomad on the win. He definitely earned it. I had some stupid mistakes that knocked me out of the top ten after the last stage on day 1. I spent all of day 2 clawing my way back up.

The pistol stage was extremely close I was 1 point benind first.

Randy DeHay rocked the Helo stage and took home the POF. It was a kickass rifle.

Thanks to whoever nominated me for the Warrior's award. Murray Carter did a awsome job on the knife and I will treasure it and use it well. I am wearing it as I tap this out.

I only got a couple of pics since I was really trying hard to stay in the game. The rain wasn't conductive to the survival of electronic devices.

It is always interesting to see how the hardware holds up in adverse weather and several rifles had hard bolt lift and other issues. I was running hand loads, but I keep them at moderate pressure and I was shooting my duty .308 700. It's not the first time it's been underwater. Neither it nor the USO SN-3 on top of it were the limiting factor.

Even though a couple of stages were dropped due to time constraints, fun was had by all. The stages were varied enough to show me what areas I was weak in.

I will definitely be making an effort to attend again next year.

Additionally, I was incredibly pleased to meet the Thunder Ranch crew. They were totally approachable and Clint Smith was a riot to listen to. Heidi and Randy were always quick to offer a helping hand.

POF did an incredible job sponsoring the Helo stage. Scott from POF was there and very receptive to suggestions on their product.

I really can't descibe how much I enjoyed meeting and shooting with all you guys. Even if I came out dead last I still would have had a great time.

This was the funnest match i have ever shot. I have never been in an aircraft of any kind and my first time was shooting out of one.

Steve you rock! Thanks for putting this on. Thanks to whoever was doing the 600yd mover too...3 hours of pacing back and forth so we could shoot it. Thanks to all the RSO's.

I am working on the Barricade stage and coming back next year with a vengeance!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MystaFyre</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I shot a 96 on day one strong side and a 97 on day two weak side. </div></div>

So you're saying that your weak side....is actually your strong side
smile.gif

It was good to meet you MystaFyre, good shooting. </div></div>

No it looks like I don't have a weak side...j/k. I'll shoot with my hands tied behind my back next time
laugh.gif

Really, thanks for the compliment especially coming from one of the top shooters. Look forward to shooting together again!

Sorry guys, at my brothers work so the above post should actually be from my account not his.

If i remember correctly you cant use a gas gun at Vu's shoot. Its CA and they are funny about things that go bang real fast.

This IS going to be the premier shoot for the northwest. It had everything you can ask for. Great people not only shooting, but also making this event happen. I have never seen a prize table like this one. I think 6th place got a USO certificate...

And this is the FIRST shoot i have been to that there was no real bitching about how things were ran, scores were fair and if there was a question it was addressed professionally by everyone. Things were a bit slow, but we expected it and i bet things will be different next year.

Its going to fill up quick, so be on the look out for the next one..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

This IS going to be the premier shoot for the northwest. It had everything you can ask for. Great people not only shooting, but also making this event happen. I have never seen a prize table like this one. I think 6th place got a USO certificate...

</div></div>

Man you played a pretty good part in that Glenn thanks a ton for the rings!

They're going straight towards helping my little brother get a rifle together
smile.gif

It was great shooting with you guys as well we'll be looking forward to seeing you all around again.

I imagine those small kinks were just a growing pain and I expect we don't see it happen again.

Steve's not one to miss these details or a chance to improve things that's something you can bank on.

I'll be practicing alot in anticipation.

I've never had a better time in the rain, Special thanks to Steve for once again setting up a great match.

Next year we will need nametags so i can put the faces to SH names.

Great to see all the faces from last year and also be able to dine and BS with a lot of fellow shooters.

Nomads's banter with Scott, and CourageWolf's singing made the evening great.

Now that I've had a day to reflect, look at a lot of pics and vids, complete an almost full day of work, etc. etc. I have some to add.

First of all, for me this was not just a great match but a great experience. I had so much fun, met so many great people, learned a lot, and just had a grin all weekend. Steve and his crew did an awesome job. I didn't make the match last year but from what I understand this was a lot bigger and for how fast it grew they did a great job. Things went as smooth as they could, people were real positive even in the craptastic Oregon sunshine, just some hiccups that were handled well and dealt with. Like someone said, just wrinkles that will be worked out next year.

Things were fair, very fair. I had a question on one of the stages about my score, didn't so much doubt but wanted to verify cause something just didn't make sense. I normally don't worry about it cause I don't want to ruffle feathers but I decided to approach Steve making it well known I wasn't complaining and was just having fun. He was way more than willing to do what it took to help verify things for me, went beyond what I expected and did it all with a smile. I saw a couple people who had questions and/or corrections about their scores durring the match and all seemed to be handled professionally and with great courtesy. I believe this helped with the lack of bitching from anyone.

The fact that we got our actual targets from the stages was great. Not just to verify our scores but show us where we made mistakes so we (and by we I mean at least I) could correct and learn from it. I was totally not expecting to get our targets back so that was great.

Everyone I met was great. Just a great group of people. Met a lot of you hide members and a few non hide members. I've made it a goal of mine to try and make it to one or two out of state matches next year to continue meeting new people in the sport. It still amazes me how many of you travelled a great distance to come out to my neck of the woods for a match. That was just awesome to me.

The helicopter, what can I say about the heli. I've been watching vid of it all day and each time still gives me chills. When I first saw the stage descriptions and learned of a helo assault I couldn't write a check for entry fast enough. I've never been in one but have always wanted to, even if just a tour in Maui or something. It has always been somewhat of a fantasy to be able to fly in one and shoot out of it. So in a small but realistic way yesterday was a dream come true for me. The stage was ran great, super smooth, props to everyone involved with that. And a huge thank you to POF and Corbon for their contributions to that stage and the match, just incredible. And congrats to Randy for winning that stage and the rifle. I didn't get a chance to chat with him much but did trade some small talk throughout the weekend and just seems like a nice guy, along with the whole crew from Thunder Ranch.

The prize table, holy crap the prize table. I'm still floored by the prize table. I've never heard of a match, car show, or anything I've ever been involved in where every single person got a prize, and a good prize none the less. Last place got a great surprise with that Chuck Mawhinney signed photo and Surgeon bottom metal. I believe 40-49 got an Impact Data Book and a Benchmade knife. And they just got better and better from there. I felt I did horrible and still came home with a certificate for next years entry fee's so you better believe I'll be making the 30 minute drive to it again next year.

All the sponsors put out a lot of great stuff. Every prize that was handed out just floored me. I think the sound of Steve's voice while he was talking about it explained it well enough as he was obviously blown away by the sponsor support also. The goodie bags were just tits. I haven't gone through mine completly yet but to find a Larue Dillo and Dillo Dust in the bag was incredible. Fortunatly for me I know a Dillo Dust addict who craves that stuff more than a crack addict looking at the last crack on the planet so I was able to thank him for all the help he has given me with my shooting over the last year with that bottle.

Again, just an incredible experience and I'm already looking forward to next year. Thank you to everyone who helped make it happen and happen so great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If i remember correctly you cant use a gas gun at Vu's shoot. Its CA and they are funny about things that go bang real fast.

</div></div>

That or things that go "bang" quietly.

Point made sir.

Heres the scores I said i would put up. i tried taking a picture of the print out, but it wouldn't work.

Tony G 930
Jason K 914
Dave W 907
Randy D 897
Tom H 887
Alex P 826
Jesse H 809
Ron S 797
Jamin V 781
John M 762
Bentley F 761
Lucas B 734
Heidi S 730
Jorge C 725
Al S 723
Caylen W 721
Darrell B 720
Scottmilk 716
Ruben P 667
Glen S 662
Pat M 653
Robert S 643
Rich R 643
John W 637
KR O 630
Torfin O 620
Keith Y 593
Scott B 588
Chet D 588
Frank K 578
Jacob C 554
Cody B 524
Jarred B 516
Lance P 516
Murray C 512
Mark W 507
Bill K 476
David C 470
Mark H 452
Vaughn B 444
Mark N 436
Brandon J 432
Grant J 384
Britnee M 378
Stan P 359
John M 328
Matt T 319
Thomas W 285
Derek W 250

I can't speak for Tony except the gun he used. We both used prototype 6.5 Creedmoor POF gas piston guns. I've got about 500 rounds through mine. It groups just over 1/2" with 5 shots. Its a 20" barrel from Rock Creek(all our barrels are Rock Creeks) 120 A-Max bullets are running 2840fps.

Congrats to my POF team mate Tony Glaze, he shot wonderful.

Glen, AL and all the other hide members, good to finally meet you. Dave and Tom good seeing you again. Great folks there, great hospitality. Steve did a good job, but gotta give his wife and all the other RO's credit too for running a safe match.

Now time to load .308 for Norcal...................

No excuses, this was all on me, but this will have me kicking myself for a while. A matter of an inch took a huge swing in some big points. I scored a -20 for this stage, a little more time possibly or practice or whatever it would have taken to get just a little better shot placement could have made this a 120 or 140 score. Looking at overall scores and those extra 140-160 points would have moved me up a lot. Oh well, live and learn, still new to the game and have a lot of practice ahead of me.

hostagetarget.jpg