• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Oregon Sniper challenge

Re: Oregon Sniper challenge

The 2010 Oregon Sniper Challenge was "OUTSTANDING"!!!
A big thank you to Steve, his wife Jen and John for putting this event on. And all the sponsors for there excellent support!!!
Already looking forward to next year!!!

Simply awesome guys! After getting off the phone with Al about 10 minutes ago I can tell he is still JACKED from the match! (And yes he does have a weak side! lol) Congrats again to all that competed!

Mike

Re: Oregon Sniper Challenge: Warning Picture Heavy

Thank you so much Steve and Jen for the tremendous amount of time, enthusiasm and energy put into coordinating and running this event. You did right by and truly honored the memory of Jeff Lucas and I truly hope his family is provided some level of comfort, solace and assistance as a result of this effort. http://www.jefflucasmemorial.com/ http://www.nwsurvivalskills.com/id93.html Thank you to all the fellow competitors as you provided an excellent example of top notch behavior, skill and sportsmanship for all of us first timers. Thank you also to Douglas Ridge Rifle Club and its members for the use of your facilities as well as all of your hard work. http://www.douglasridge.org/ Further I echo the sentiments of the previous posters.

Here are some additional photos of last weekend.

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

More Photos Below: Click Links.......

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

Finally made it home and got somewhat unpacked and repacked for NORCAL on Thursday.

Hats off to Steve his wife and the rest of the RO’s that put this match together. I did not hear one complaint about the match and everything was well though out and well planned from beginning to end. The stages were fun and challenging and very doable. It was a matter of executing them and getting the most points possible.

Steve you have quickly built yourself a very impressive match that next year people are going to be banging down the doors to attend. You have already tripled in size from the first year and this is only your second match. That’s a indicator that you have built a good match.

A big thank you needs to go out to all the match sponsors. There was some serious swag on the prize table and everyone left with some great gear and equipment. Make sure we get as many thank you emails and letters to these companies so that they continue to support these events and our hobby.

POF thank you again for stepping up and giving us all a helicopter to shoot out of. I know Frank loves sponsoring helicopter stages. He gets a kick out of it and has stepped up twice this year supporting 2 helicopter stages at 2 different matches along with his open arms to place his great weapons on the prize tables for shooters to get. Hats off to you Frank and all of the POF staff.

There was a lot of good things at this match but I really liked the fact that we were not broke down in small groups and that we were able to all hang out and mix and mingle and hang out with our shooting friends that we don’t get to see that often.

It was great to meet a lot of the guys we always see on the hide that live way out there on the west coast. It was great hanging out shooting the shit and spending time on the line firing. You guys need to watch out when Torfin is around that guy is a Karaoke machine. He almost got us kicked out of the bar when he broke into the ace of spades, but we had his back. LOL

Congrats to all the shooters and especially the top 5-6 it turned in to a real battle on that last day and it got close. All these matches get this close in the scoring in the top portions and that goes to show you that this country is filled with a tremendous amount of top notch shooters.

Scott, Glen, Tom, Jason, Dave, Al –aka (my favorite sailor) it was a great time I had fun as always and I appreciate the spotting and serious battle we had hooking and jabbing all fighting for position and still all of use did everything we could to help each other get better and learn to shoot better.

As for 10 pm bed time on Saturday- Glen. Remember I have an east coast clock. So that would have been 1 am to me , and to add to that I know I was 1 of the 2 people in our group that closed that Bar down Friday night while you, Al and Tom went back to the hotel at 9 pm to do some spooning!! 

Big thank you to Nick over at Desert Arms Tactical for the killer rifle he donated to the prize table. You are the man.

As for the rifle I shot it was 1 of 3 of the first POF 6.5 Creedmoor rifles that have been built. I had been asking Frank to build me up one just for this purpose. I had the rifle less then 2 weeks and got to do some shooting at 100 yards prior to the match. It wasn’t until Fridays zero day that I got to shoot it out to 200 yards. This rifle shoots ½ MOA at 100 yards and at 200 I was able to get 1 – 1.25 inch 5 shot groups while at the range. This rifle loves the Hornady 120 Gr. Amax load that came straight from the factory no handloading involved. Thank you Frank and POF for all the support as well as Hornady for this great cartridge.

I look forward to the coming back out again next year Steve and I know it will be even more challenging and bigger in 2011.

Hope to see everyone again soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
There was a lot of good things at this match but I really liked the fact that we were not broke down in small groups and that we were able to all hang out and mix and mingle and hang out with our shooting friends that we don’t get to see that often.

It was great to meet a lot of the guys we always see on the hide that live way out there on the west coast. It was great hanging out shooting the shit and spending time on the line firing. You guys need to watch out when Torfin is around that guy is a Karaoke machine. He almost got us kicked out of the bar when he broke into the ace of spades, but we had his back. LOL
</div></div>

Hahaha man I was just trying to distract all those douchebags at the bar so you could squeeze that farmgirls boobs without being hassled.

I think the level of support POF has shown for these matches convinced me to ditch LMT and go all POF.

I'll be sending thank you letters to some sponsors for sure and I would urge everyone else to do the same.

It was great meeting all you guys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I think the level of support POF has shown for these matches convinced me to ditch LMT and go all POF.

</div></div>

Hands down, Frank and the boys at POF are top notch. I personally have not come across another sponsor like POF.

Dont post very often on here. More of a lurker. I watched part of this comp on Sat. and I must say it was exciting. Had the pleasure of meeting JasonK while I was there as well. Hopefully next year Ill be in the position to compete. All and all, good match and props to those who set it up. Good job shooters.

I had a lot of fun at this match too. Long range shooting has always been something I have wanted to explore but have not gotten to as of yet. I was one of the guys walking around with one of those big cameras. I think I got some good pics, and enjoyed shooting the helo. I hope I can come and shoot (camera) the match next year. When I find out which (if any) of my images are going to be used for editorial purposes, I'll let ya'll know.

-Mark.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: specjackson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What was the name of the photographer. I lost the paper.
</div></div>

I think it's the guy that posted directly above you. I lost that paper too though. Lots of stuff here though:

http://m-mason.smugmug.com/Shooting/Orga...-Oregon-Sniper/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: specjackson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What was the name of the photographer. I lost the paper.
</div></div>

I think it's the guy that posted directly above you. I lost that paper too though. Lots of stuff here though:

http://m-mason.smugmug.com/Shooting/Orga...-Oregon-Sniper/ </div></div>

The link is for my site. The other Photographer (Red Jacket) is Jose Salame from "Joys of Life Photography".

This is me:
868276167_DPY6j-M-1.jpg

-Mark.

Wow, where to begin. First of all I just wanted to thank Steve for the opportunity to shoot in a great match and meet some great people. I managed to get lucky and finish 9th in a field of great shooters and the prizes/sponsors were amazing. Thanks to POF for a helicopter ride and the opportunity to shoot their .308 during that event. Thanks a ton to all of the other sponsors, their generosity resulted in a great prize table for an awesome event.

I would like to apologize for not being more outgoing and meeting more of the hide members, I haven't been shooting bolt guns that long and my knowledge in this arena is pretty shallow, so I was a bit intimidated at the level of knowledge and expertise of the involved shooters. I didn't want to look like an idiot especially since I was representing my department. So my practice in those kinds of situations has always been to be seen and not heard. Hope I didn't come off as standoffish, I need to overcome that and interact more so I can do what I was there to do, which was to learn and come away with more knowledge. Maybe next year I won't choke on the KNL and make a ridiculously stupid holdover mistake on the all hell breaks loose, those two moves cost me a lot of points, and I was just glad I could keep it together enough to finish where I did.

Couragewolf - I shot next to you and I appreciated your outgoing nature, nice to connect a face to a computer name. Thanks for the great email you sent, it did get to the right place. I enjoyed hanging out and talking to you and Debos Dave, thanks to him for letting me check out his sentinel stock, I cant wait until we hopefully get ours. Look forward to seeing you again.

Woj8541 - Caylen is a class act, the true example of a teacher. Guys I would not hesitate to take one of his classes up at Cascade Central Precision, here we were in a competition and when we started discussing strategy/holdovers/leads/etc. He immediately whipped out his data and was more than happy to help out. It's nice to know we have another great shooting resource up here in the Pacific Northwest. Sorry about the bad luck with your stock, I am sure if you would have been able to shoot your own stick on day 2 the results would have been even better. Thanks for your help and keep your head down up there in Yakima
smile.gif

LonewolfUSMC - It was great to meet you and you shot great, congrats on the Lucas Knife award! It was good talking shop, can't wait to see more great products come out of a fellow LE bolt runner. By the way, you know you want to trade me something for my Murray Carter Bladesmithing Cert so you can come make your own knife
smile.gif
You would put it to much better use than I would!

Spoke to Jorge PDXGS at the end, very friendly, looking forward to seeing what you guys keep coming up with. I will shoot you an email.

Chatted with Olin and his dad a little, nice talking to you guys.

I also spoke briefly with the infamous BOLTRIPPER, I tried to make sure I didn't say anything dumb so as to incur a famous one......line........response. Glad to have you Texans come up and visit, hopefully all of your gear is drying up.

Mulehunter - nice to meet you there at the end, thanks for the opportunity, and great shooting too! I will be in touch.

I didn't get a chance to talk to JasonK or Twisted or Nomad or some of the rest of you as I didn't put a face to a name until the end or until I got back and read this thread.

I don't think they are 'hiders but I got to hang out with the RCMP boys quite a bit, very professional, great guys and good shooters. Hope to see them again sometime soon.

Alex, if you are on here, thanks for the patch, I will get you out something soon once I get your address from Steve. And next year I will be closer on your heels...

And finally I was totally impressed with the Thunder Ranch Crew. Clint, Heidi, Randy and the crew were so friendly and hospitable, true examples of great people. They have always been great to OSP and we are truly grateful to them for all they do. They were upbeat and encouraging the entire time and it was definitely contagious. Can't say enough about them, their generosity is amazing.

I know, long post, but it was a lot of fun and my first major comp, and I had a lot of fun.

Jamin

I know a handfull of you by name or SH name, please chime in

Pat M = bottom far right / Remington 700 300wm, McMillian, Nightforce

Pat, you had an easy one, im next to the guy who cut his finger off with the knife.

scott M- middle of pic(10th from right 2nd row) /
POF 6.5 Creedmoor/ IOR 6x24

Both of you guys have it easier than me. From the angle of that photo, you can't see me. If you look at the same picture on the Joysoflifeproofs site, you can see me there LOL

KeithR41, just to the right of Nomad. Nomad's left that is.

KeithR41

I'm in the very back, towards the front of the helicopter. I look like one of the tall kids but I'm standing on the step of the helicopter. Black ball cap, sunglasses, black coat.

Jake, SPS-T, B&C Medalist, Premier Heritage, etc. etc.

Darrell B.

First standing row, close to center, Black T-shirt. probably the <span style="font-style: italic">only</span> one there in a T-shirt
grin.gif

(right next to "stumpy" (Scottmilk)

Savage Mod.10 BAT / .308 / Nightforce 5.5-22x56

I'm still mad that I couldn't make it, after I watched myself go from about 14th on standby to On The List.... Been sick for over two months and realized the Tuesday before the match that A) due to being sick, I hadn't practiced <span style="font-weight: bold">at all</span> and B) I was still to sick to go. Sounds like a great match and I'd like to be there next year.

1911fan

Hello everyone. I just got back into town from Eastern Oregon and wanted to say thanks to you all. It was an absolute pleasure directing this event and I'm looking forward to doing it for many years to come. We learned a lot this year and I can assure you that next year will be even bigger and better. I also wanted to say thank you to all of my sponsors "You guys are the best". A very special "Thank you" goes to Frank @ POF. You made everyone's weekend by sponsoring the helo shoot. It was a blast. I have made a lot of new friends this year and I'm already looking forward to the 2011 Oregon Sniper Challenge. I've got some new COF planned which should be "killer". I would also like to say that I could not have done this without my wife Jen and my partners John, Cory and Ray. I'm truely blessed to have such great people in my life. Thanks again. We'll see ya in 2011. Steve.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sumpter Steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello everyone. I just got back into town from Eastern Oregon and wanted to say thanks to you all. It was an absolute pleasure directing this event and I'm looking forward to doing it for many years to come. We learned a lot this year and I can assure you that next year will be even bigger and better. I also wanted to say thank you to all of my sponsors "You guys are the best". A very special "Thank you" goes to Frank @ POF. You made everyone's weekend by sponsoring the helo shoot. It was a blast. I have made a lot of new friends this year and I'm already looking forward to the 2011 Oregon Sniper Challenge. I've got some new COF planned which should be "killer". I would also like to say that I could not have done this without my wife Jen and my partners John, Cory and Ray. I'm truely blessed to have such great people in my life. Thanks again. We'll see ya in 2011. Steve. </div></div>

Steve, thanks for the offer to ride on the helo. I really appreciate it. I didn't go because I have many hours in helo's from my military days and I figured that someone who hasn't ever been in a helo before should go. Also, thanks for letting me in to shoot (camera) the event. I'd like to come back next year and shoot it again if you'll have me.

-Mark.

I am the tallest one in the back row, in the middle.

Pheonix Machine Action/6x47 Lapua/Rock Creek Barrel/Manners Stock/Leupold Mark 4

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> im next to the guy who cut his finger off with the knife.</div></div>

To bad I missed that!!!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark 60</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sumpter Steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello everyone. I just got back into town from Eastern Oregon and wanted to say thanks to you all. It was an absolute pleasure directing this event and I'm looking forward to doing it for many years to come. We learned a lot this year and I can assure you that next year will be even bigger and better. I also wanted to say thank you to all of my sponsors "You guys are the best". A very special "Thank you" goes to Frank @ POF. You made everyone's weekend by sponsoring the helo shoot. It was a blast. I have made a lot of new friends this year and I'm already looking forward to the 2011 Oregon Sniper Challenge. I've got some new COF planned which should be "killer". I would also like to say that I could not have done this without my wife Jen and my partners John, Cory and Ray. I'm truely blessed to have such great people in my life. Thanks again. We'll see ya in 2011. Steve. </div></div>

Steve, thanks for the offer to ride on the helo. I really appreciate it. I didn't go because I have many hours in helo's from my military days and I figured that someone who hasn't ever been in a helo before should go. Also, thanks for letting me in to shoot (camera) the event. I'd like to come back next year and shoot it again if you'll have me.

-Mark.

</div></div>

Thank you for all of your hard work. We would love to have ya back in 2011. Steve.

I'm the un-snipery one in the white running shirt in the back row. No one told me there was a earth tone only dress code.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm the un-snipery one in the white running shirt in the back row. No one told me there was a earth tone only dress code. </div></div>

It was inferred in the title "sniper challenge".
smile.gif

I hope that back row is standing on something, or else you five need to be on a basketball team.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
jasonk said:
I hope that back row is standing on something, or else you five need to be on a basketball team.</div></div>

LOL, helo skids work great for making me look tall, that and my elevator shoes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats on the pistol MystaFyre - </div></div>

Thank you Pat! Enjoyed shooting with you once again, look forward to the next shoot.

Scores are up on coldborecomps.com click on events to get to the page w/ the scores on it.

Just wanted to let my sponsors know that formal "thank you's" are going out today. Everyone please check out our long list of sponsors (on website) and support them as much as you can. Without them there wouldn't be a Oregon Sniper Challenge. Thanks. Steve.
www.coldborecomps.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twisted</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone heard anything about the DVD? I emailed the video guys a while back but no response yet. </div></div>

The video guy contacted me today. He said that they will be doing the final editing this Wednesday (6/16). I'm going to go to the screening this Friday night so I would imagine you will be getting notified in the next week or so. Steve.