• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Competition Events Oregon Stay Center 5k

Ranchhand

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2020
Central Oregon

I'm not affiliated with Stay Center but they are a local gun shop trying to get more shooting in central oregon so I thought I'd share their event.

Sounds interesting. Timing doesn't work out for me this year, but maybe in the future? As to the random draw prize table, I think it's a good thing. I host events too, and the the number one complaint I hear from sponsors is when people grab an item from the prize table just to sell it on snipers hide on the way home. They want to see their donations go to shooters who will actually use them. Random draw increases that likelihood. A newer shooter with an average scope is actually going to keep an alpha grade scope he gets from the prize table, rather than selling it because he already has another brand on his rifle.

Reactions: Ranchhand
Sounds interesting. Timing doesn't work out for me this year, but maybe in the future? As to the random draw prize table, I think it's a good thing. I host events too, and the the number one complaint I hear from sponsors is when people grab an item from the prize table just to sell it on snipers hide on the way home. They want to see their donations go to shooters who will actually use them. Random draw increases that likelihood. A newer shooter with an average scope is actually going to keep an alpha grade scope he gets from the prize table, rather than selling it because he already has another brand on his rifle.
I disagree. People should be awarded based on performance. Not participation.

If they do it like they past, you get a trophy for each stage you win. My buddy who did not win the match (I think he came in 2nd) won 4 trophies and a cert for like a few hundred off of a private label defiance. This was before he started shooting PRS, the compeition was pretty weak according to him.

If they do it like they past, you get a trophy for each stage you win. My buddy who did not win the match (I think he came in 2nd) won 4 trophies and a cert for like a few hundred off of a private label defiance. This was before he started shooting PRS, the compeition was pretty weak according to him.
Weak competition? I have a chance.....

I disagree. People should be awarded based on performance. Not participation.
Do you donate items to prize tables? I’m just relaying into I get directly from the people who make these donations possible. If people would take things they’ll use/need that is 100% fine. But when you look only at max value and then sell said item, you’re part of the problem

Do you donate items to prize tables? I’m just relaying into I get directly from the people who make these donations possible. If people would take things they’ll use/need that is 100% fine. But when you look only at max value and then sell said item, you’re part of the problem
No, I don't donate to the prize tables. Is there a reason I should? I compete and I spend a lot of money competing. Does that change the issue?

I do go out of my way to say thanks to every sponsor who donates to a match, whether I win something or not. If it is the prerogative of match sponsors to have their prizes go to random people, then I really don't care. But to say that matches should award prizes based on participation is laughable. The only matches that do these are Guardian matches. Because their is no placement in their match, which is fine. But if you're spending big money to shoot a match, travel, etc. It's ridiculous to think that one should not be awarded appropriately for that based on their performance.

Part of the problem is that people cry and whine about being last place. Dictating what people should or shouldn't do with their legitimate wins is nobody's business. I don't cry when I get last place, but I also don't gloat if I'm first. I accept it and move on, thank the sponsors, and prepare for the next match so I can do better.

I'd consider going if there was a single shooter option vs teams. Also, $300 per team is a little steep for my blood outside of PRS/NRL matches. Ranges like COSSA have PRS club matches now, $40 per person and adds to your points in the NRL/PRS. I'm not trying to talk bad about this match, but with consumables expensive and hard to find, it's hard to justify $150 for a non-points match day shoot. With that said, It is cool to see them putting on the match, we do need more in Central Or. I was a MD in the PRL/PRS and I know what goes into matches, time in, set-up/tear down, also insurance costs, so I'm not knocking the entry fee that hard. I'd go if money wasn't tight and filling my tank to get there wouldn't hurt! Hope you have a good turnout, shoot straight brothers.

I hear you and understand. The shoot will be about 15 min from my house but I probably wouldn't drive across the state.
I'm also just a guy who ranches and doesn't compete.