• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Orgin Pre-Fit Barrels for .223 build recommendation

NavyshooterM40

CAPT USN (ret)
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2010
Texas
Which Pre-Fit would you recommend for a .223 build on an Orgin Action: Patriot Valley, Flatline Precision, Blue Mountain Precision or Straight Jacket Armory?

Thanks

Easy. Patriot Valley Arms. Josh @bohem does great work and you will not be disappointed in his .223 barrel. I have one and it's a hammer. Here's a recent report today from another member with one.

Those are good options, but don't forget to add Southern Precision Rifles (aka @Bugholes) to your list. They do top shelf work as well and I use them exclusively. Here's a pic of the first rounds from my 223 PRS trainer. No load development... yet.

PRS Trainer Rifle 223 1st Target.jpg

PRS Trainer Rifle 223 01.jpg

Reactions: Dendro
Which Pre-Fit would you recommend for a .223 build on an Orgin Action: Patriot Valley, Flatline Precision, Blue Mountain Precision or Straight Jacket Armory?

Thanks
Eric at Blue Mountain is one of the very best in the business. Greg has done several for me also and he's great.

Last edited:
Reactions: nrspence
For the Chambering there are 2 options 223 Rem (062 FB) or (100 FB). Is there an advantage of one over the other? Will the 100 FB let you shoot 5.56 ammo?

Does anyone know if PVA's 223 chamber is a Wylde .062 Freebore?
Many other places note this, but PVA only says .223 Remington as the chambering.

I know I could email.

I am also looking for a barreled action with an Origin, 223 Wylde, Med Palma, 22", Threaded muzzle, cerakote black

I am looking at Blue Mountian, PVA, and Northland

Many other places note this, but PVA only says .223 Remington as the chambering.

I know I could email.

I am also looking for a barreled action with an Origin, 223 Wylde, Med Palma, 22", Threaded muzzle, cerakote black

I am looking at Blue Mountian, PVA, and Northland

I can't answer the PVA question, but I would add Southern Precision Rifles @Bugholes to your list. I'm sure they could get you set up.

Reactions: saddlerocker
Their Wylde chambering is. Lol They offer a .062 and a .100 freebore in their drop down menu for prefits.

Yeah, I see that in the pre-fit barrel only selection.
I was doing the Barreled Action process and when choosing the barrel there it just gives "223 Rem" as the only chambering.
I assume it would be confirmed via email or conversations later in the process.
It just threw me for a second.

I do like that Blue Mountain shows you whos barrel you are getting. Benchmark/Hawk Hill etc...
I know anything will outshoot me, but I do like knowing what I have lol

Last edited:
Yeah I am sure it can be specified which one you want.

My PVA .223 wylde is 100fb. I believe the .223 rem is .062.

I called them and was asking about a .154 freebore but they said the .100 is the way to go for heavies. So I went that route as they are the experts. Now to get my CDG in hand.

Yeah if you are going 80+ probably. I am using only 75 ELDs so the .062 works great.