• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Orlando Rifle Ranges

Red Belly

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2009
MA
The wife is floating the idea of moving to Orlando, FL. Can anyone tell me where there are any good ranges before I start looking for a place to live. Thanks Guys.

Re: Orlando Rifle Ranges

There are several ranges around Orlando. Central Florida Rifle and Pistol is the one I generally go to, but there are others in Seminole, Volusia and Brevard Counties. Most of them have ranges from 100-300 yards and a couple will get you out to 600. Manatee over towards Sarasota has a 1000 yard.

If your really wanting to move to Florida, stay away from Orlando. Your much better off going to the west coast near Bradenton/Sarasota.

Bradford County Sportsman Farm has a Shooting range. 300 yd, 800 yd, and pistol/shotgun ranges

I was a member of Central Florida Rifle and Pistol for a while. It is a great place to shoot. Very nice facility. You will not be disappointed.

As for why should you stay away, I left there over a year ago because the economy in the area is one of the worst in the nation. The housing market imploded in all of Florida with Orlando taking a huge hit.

Also, if you have a job that you can transfer to the area that would be your best bet. If you don't have a job there, you will have difficulty finding one depending on what you do for a living.

Good luck.

I understand. Luckily I don't need to look for a new job but my wife would. Thanks for the info & good luck Sir.

+1 on what pjhog said. Tampa is better off than most areas down here right now. Orlando sucks for jobs but if you have $$ you can get a nice house for cheap. Traffic is better in Tampa than in Orlando.

I actually like the west coast of FL better, but I need to be within 1 hour drive time of Orlando Airport.

If you need to be within an hour of OIA, take a look at the St. Cloud area. It will put you within 30 minutes of OIA and 45 minutes of both Central Florida Rifle and Pistol and the 600 yard range out in Brevard County.