• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Osprey 6-24X50

Rarebreed93

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2010
oHIo
I was at the gun show today and looking at The Osprey 6-24X50 scope.
Anyone have any experience with these?
Likes & dislikes?
O.K.- Junk?
Could be for a .308 Remmy.

Re: Osprey 6-24X50

If it's the same one I just saw at the range ontop of a benchshooters rifle then I can tell you he was impressed. He also uses a NightForce BR and he says that it (The Osprey) is holding it's own very nicely. He shoots alot of comps and he liked it so well he bought 3 of them. They are holding true, glass seems good. I did not check light gathering ability towards dusk though.
I shot a few targets with his rifle with Osprey and saw no issues.
Price is something he was impressed with. I think he paid $150? for each scope (don't quote me on that.)
All I know is that he is making it work and work well. He had one on a 6BR and I think PPC and a 30 BR (I think thats what he said.)
I shot the 6BR.
......SmokeRolls

I have one. Works fine. Pretty clear and illumintated. Eye relief could be a little bit less restrictive.

Wilsonar10a.jpg

I have had a few of these in my hands checking them out to see about purchasing one for my boys. Out of the 3 scopes that I looked at, all of them had issues with the parallax adjustment. The only nice thing that I noticed, was they had a good bit of MOA adjustment to them. They all hovered between 56MOA to 62MOA total adjustment.

On the 6-24 model, it was really clear at around 500 yards, but never could adjust the focus for other distances. The other 2 versions (4-16 & 8-32) were partially cloudy regardless of what adjustments I made to the scopes. All had illuminated reticles and side focus.

Even though their price ranges were between $129 and $179, I ended up leaving the store without a scope. The $70 Centerpoint that I have mounted on their Mossbergs right now is a better scope for the money in my opinion.

Just my $0.02 worth...

DK

Save your money or if your gonna spend $200 get the bushnell 10x. Better to have a lower power you can trust than a giant that just looks cool