• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

OT: 300PRC and 6.5CM silencer recs

TheDude219

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 4, 2022
NC
Not sure this is the right forum, so mods feel free to move as needed. I have exactly 1 can (its from Mike R for an Xray) and was considering one for a 6.5cm bolt gun and one for a 300PRC MRAD. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance

hard to argue with anything from TBAC and depending on use for each gun there are a lot of length and brake options

Reactions: TheDude219
Just got a TBAC Magnus (HUB mount) for use on my .300 Win Mag after doing the research, with the possibility of a .300 PRC rebarrel in the future. I’m very impressed with it.

For the 6.5, it would be worth considering the Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen.

Not sure this is the right forum, so mods feel free to move as needed. I have exactly 1 can (its from Mike R for an Xray) and was considering one for a 6.5cm bolt gun and one for a 300PRC MRAD. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance
You could use his can for both of those calibers provided the right muzzle thread pattern.

Another option is TBAC. The Magnus lineup has something for everyone.

Most ( or least? 🤔) bang for your buck is probably a polonium 30, the liberty precision anthem s had good performance on pew and they have an L version and a ti version as well if you want to keep weight down. The CAT jl seems awesome but the pace they keep putting out cans I'd wait to see if they have a magnum oriented can in the works.

100% TBAC. I have the Ultra 9 on my 300 PRC and use it on all my guns down to 6.5CM... I don't know how many people have commented on how quiet it is.

Reactions: Holliday
For 300 PRC, you are going to want a higher volume can to suppress that amount of powder. TBAC Magnus, Abel Theorem-L, Diligent Defense Enticer, OCL Hydrogen-L, etc.

For the 6.5 Creedmoor, you can use the same can as above. Or, you can get away with something shorter and less volume if you prefer. It depends on exactly what you are trying to achieve with the 6.5 Creedmoor suppressor, that you don't think you will be able to achieve with a 300 PRC suppressor.