• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

OT _ POS Systems for Small Shop

G

Some buddies are opening a Sporting Good store and asked me to help them with a POS System.
They're looking for something that's PC-based with a barcode scanner.
Software to manage inventories, pricing, reorder levels, sales reports, etc.

If you have used something and don't hate it, tell me what it is.

Re: OT _ POS Systems for Small Shop

The shitty economy has the used market flooded, but I don't know what to look for.
I guess I'll tell them to spend some time on ebay and craigslist and see what they can come up with.

When I was looking for a new system for my parents C store I looked at Cougar Mountain pretty closely. From an accounting standpoint their software looked top notch. The actual cashier interface didn't seem as user friendly as the system we already had so we just upgraded. Re-training your typical gas station attendant/ my technophobe father would have been a nightmare!

The software we stayed with probably wouldn't fit very well in a sporting goods store unless they are planning on selling gas, beer and deli items.
wink.gif

******It has been at least 5 years since I took a close look at any new software so my above post may be completely useless.

Thanks guys.
I found a system on Craigslist that may fill the bill.

Still looking for feedback if anyone else has experience with specific systems.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check into Intuit's stuff, they have everything you need to do it scan, slide, or comp entry
</div></div>

Yessir.
That was one of the complete systems I saw on Craigslist in a nearby city.

Intuit offers an overall whole business solution to office, accounts, supply chain, and POS systems. Had I decided to reactivate a new form of Distorted vs full time school, I was going to go all the way with what Intuit offered, but a new life and a new job come first, and there is no way I will settle for anything less than $45k a year so a BS degree is part of it all too. Science baby! Association of Clinical Laboratory Scientists, or Medical Technologists if you will!
Distorted can wait a bit, and yes, one day it will be a brick and mortar retirement plan