• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

OTB Desert Lite Boots

LoneWolfUSMC

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
I picked up a set of these at US Cav outside of Ft. Campbell a couple months back. I liked them so much I grabbed a black set of the Jungle Lite boots for patrol use at work.

I just finished posting the review since we seem to get a "which boot" post here every week or so.

Give it a read and tell me what you think. I am pretty impressed with these boots and I am waiting on a chance to see how they do in the wet. I REALLY wish we has stuff like this when I was working in the jungle. They are a HUGE step beyond the old jungles or my old High Tec Magnums.

http://www.8541tactical.com/desert_lite_review.php

desert_lites_5949.jpg

Re: OTB Desert Lite Boots

im getting ready to order a set.. thanks for the great write up

These boots are the cats ass. I have a couple of these, Best boot I have bought. Super super light. Dry fast is you find your self up past your shin in a wadi.
Plus the company is awesome, I have had nothing but topnotch customer service from these guys, and they make a boots for all situations.

Thanks for the review one more thing on the list.

I ripped an eyelet on my black set. I sent an email in to the company. They want them back to take a look at them.

The tan set are going strong.

Even with the missing eyelet they are still wearing just fine. I am looking forward to seeing how New Balance handles it.

Grey Group Training usually has these in stock as well.

Cut

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I am looking forward to seeing how <span style="text-decoration: underline">New Balance</span> handles it. </div></div>

New Balance makes these? If so, I'm in. I have yet to buy a shoe from New Balance that I don't like. I swear the guy who design's the fit of their size 12 anything has to be a long lost twin of mine. They always seem to fit me perfect.
wink.gif

-Pat

OTB won me over 2 years ago and have nothing but good things to say about their quality and performance. Customer service is top notch as well!

I love OTB. Ran into them back at the 08 Shot show and have been with them ever since. I have only used the Odin's but am going to get some tan's before I leave for Korean in the winter. Can not say anything bad about them.

love my desert lites..seriously considering pikcing up a pair of the jungle lites to complement them. i would highly recommend them to anyone.

also want to try out the odins.

edit: us cavalry has most sizes of the desert lites in stock, fyi.

After reading all these positive reviews i decided to throw my dumpy Baits boots in the trash and pickup a set of Jungle Lites for patrol.

how does the sizing generally run on these?

i've been wearing a 10 in my matterhorns for years and have been looking for something lighter for daily wear.

They seem to run true to size, but it's hard to tell since I recently found out I was wearing footwear one size smaller than I should have.

A couple years ago I had a running shoe store actually fit me for shoes. I ended up a size larger. When I was shopping for the Desert Lites, I went to the Ft. Campbell US Cav store to try them on. I ended up with the exact same size as my New Balance running shoes. That kind of makes sense since New Balance owns OTB now.

ordered a pair of the jungle lites from US cav.

as many reviews seem to indicate, they ran a bit small for me.

i've been wearing a 10 forever and found their 10 to be just a bit snug. going to try the 10.5.

Great guys I really appreciate the feedback on these boots that my working partner swears by and everyone else that has them seems to love, unfortunatley they do not make them in Sasquatch sizes. Hopefully with New Balance running things they will expand thier sizes. They are pretty good about offering big boy shoes.

I've been wearing the Jungle Lites on patrol for the past couple of weeks. They are awesome, comfortable (wear long socks though, the tounge has some extra fabric that can rub against your ankle), and very light. Also running in them is a lot easier then the crappy baits boots i had before.

All in all i give them a 9/10.

A naive question.

I'm trying to choose boots for (a) warm/hot weather, and (b) cold/freezing weather. Target location - US east coast, from VT and down to GA (heck, maybe FL), including mountainous terrain, probably shallow streams and such - but no rice paddies
smile.gif

I'm trying to understand the difference between say OTB Jungle Lite and OTB Bootistan boots - and what benefits/shortcomings would each of these have.

It looks like Jungle Lite boots would be much lighter (duh, so I can read
smile.gif
). Bootistan seems waterproof - which tells me that if I manage to not step into water deeper than say 7" my feet will be dry - but if I get water into the boot (by stepping into a deeper puddle, the water will stay there until I remove the boot and pour it out. Is it correct? Also, would Bootistan work in VT winter (with the appropriate wool socks)? Would it be usable in summer?

How waterproof/resistant are Jungle Lite? Are they designed assuming that you get into water it will be deep enough to get into the boot, so the main thing to do about it is to "evacuate" it quickest? And no real water resistance - e.g. if I walk across a 3" puddle then water will get into the boots, soak my socks but will (mostly) leak out through the properly designed holes?

I'll appreciate you guys educating me in this.

TNX!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mouse07410</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How waterproof/resistant are Jungle Lite? Are they designed assuming that you get into water it will be deep enough to get into the boot, so the main thing to do about it is to "evacuate" it quickest? And no real water resistance - e.g. if I walk across a 3" puddle then water will get into the boots, soak my socks but will (mostly) leak out through the properly designed holes?
</div></div>

those vent holes on the side will allow the water to come right in.

and they'll allow it to evacuate as soon as possible.

I just had to send back a pair of Danner TFX, I'll have have to look into these if I continue to have problems.