• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Other good podcasts?

maverickasu

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2018
Probably been asked b4... But other than The Rvery Day Sniper, and precsion rifle media's podcast do y'all have other good suggestions for podcasts? Kelly McMillan's podcast (Taking stock) seems to have really slowed down a few months ago. I'm not 100% caught up on EDS but I'm burning through them fast and would like to be able to have more stuff to listen too. EDS is by far the most constant in good listening and upload regularity I've found. Please keep up the good work guys...

Thanks

Precision Rifle Media
Going Ballistic (Ryan Cleckner)
Long Range Pursuit (Gunwerks)
Mail Call Mondays (8541 Tactical)
Precision Rifle Channel (NRL/ConX)
Precision Shooting Podcast (Aussies)

Not shooting related but also a great podcast - The Joe Rogan Experience.

Last edited:
I watch 8541, and Rogan sometimes... I have some issues with Rogan sometimes...

I'll be looking into the others for sure

Ryan Cleckner seems to talk out of his ass a lot. I'm not convinced that he is much of an authority on precision rifles. I wouldn't recommend his podcast.

Reactions: Bender
Ryan Cleckner seems to talk out of his ass a lot. I'm not convinced that he is much of an authority on precision rifles. I wouldn't recommend his podcast.

Noted... I'll make sure to add an extra grain of salt to anything he says

There’s also The Triggernometry show, I can’t yet vouch for it as I haven’t listened to more than about 5min. But it’s a thing.

Not shooting related, but figured I'd pass it along, as I have really enjoyed listening.

The Jocko Podcast, by Jocko Willink.

Has to do more with leadership, discipline and training, but is a very good, very thought provoking podcast that is great when travelling, or when needing to just unplug from the day to day BS. A lot of nuggets about military ingrained practices, and how they translate to life in general.

Ironically, there are a lot of parallels to what Frank says about training and fundamentals.

Reactions: kRcu and quick1911
As far as precision stuff goes, Precision Rifle Media is decent. Not as good as The EDS, but still pretty good. Gunwerks' Long Range Pursuit is also really good.

Mike Rowe (of Dirty Jobs fame) has one called "The Way I Heard It" that I REALLY like. It's short, usually no more than 10min, but it's still really, really good.

If you're a geek, Adam Savage's "Still Untitled - The Adam Savage Project" is also really good. He goes into some stuff I'm not huge into, but for the most part it's very enjoyable. Movies, Maker Projects, etc. Worth checking out, at least.

I'm a techno/electronic fan, so Above & Beyond's "Group Therapy" and Anjunabeats Worldwide are really good.

And lastly "Lore." If you like creepy, weird, or the unexplained, it's a fun one. Frank might enjoy it, perhaps. It's a bit of a storytelling format with stuff based on historical fact. How much of it you believe, well, that's up to you. ;)

I have more that I haven't checked out yet, so I'll add more later.

There’s also The Triggernometry show, I can’t yet vouch for it as I haven’t listened to more than about 5min. But it’s a thing.

While I appreciate the recommendation, I can't say it's close to par with its company (obviously our chat with Frank was phenomenal). Working on it.

For hunting - you also have the Meateater Podcast - which isn't necessarily technical, but I like Rinella and Crews attitude and Steve's interview style is great.

Cocaine and Rhinestones. Stories about country music and the lives of those who gave it to us.

(Even if you don't like country music, it's a great listen)

Quite honestly, it's pretty tough to listen to guys ask other guys questions about their opinions on shooting versus hearing a guy that is training guys and knows his shit giving his 2 cents on something.

I certainly enjoy aspects of Precision Rifle Media and there is some quality info as long as I don't tune out when the guy starts interrupting guests to tell some stupid ass story.

If the Precision Rifle Channel guy says the word "phenomenal" one more time, I swear I'll track him down and stomp a mud hole in his ass!

Them Aussies seem like a good bunch, but get points deducted for being foreign and talking funny.

I've picked up more about shooting from Frank's podcast than all the others and I find I don't want to punch him in the face nearly as bad as the other guys.

Quite honestly, it's pretty tough to listen to guys ask other guys questions about their opinions on shooting versus hearing a guy that is training guys and knows his shit giving his 2 cents on something.

Them Aussies seem like a good bunch, but get points deducted for being foreign and talking funny.

I've picked up more about shooting from Frank's podcast than all the others and I find I don't want to punch him in the face nearly as bad as the other guys.

Oi. Scarn’on with that mate? Talking funny? ;)

‘Straya

I actually kind of like his podcast.

Sure there are moments I feel compelled to yell out loud "no stupid, you're wrong" such as his 10" chunks at 1000yards when it should be 10.47" or the bullet will never spin faster than the 1 in 10 barrel twist when it's common knowledge velocity decays faster than rpm so the bullet will have more than 1 revolution every 10 inches almost immediately after exiting the barrel.

Yet for the most part it's entertaining.

Reactions: Sheppard391
Not shooting related, but figured I'd pass it along, as I have really enjoyed listening.

Has to do more with leadership, discipline and training, but is a very good, very thought provoking podcast that is great when travelling, or when needing to just unplug from the day to day BS. A lot of nuggets about military ingrained practices, and how they translate to life in general.

Ironically, there are a lot of parallels to what Frank says about training and fundamentals.

I really like the Jocko podcasts but all of them are 2-3 hours long so it takes me a few days to get through one.

I like the Art of Manliness as well...lots of decent topics and easy to listen to

Z Blog power hour is also quite good if you are into political commentary.

Reactions: MarinePMI

The absolute best 2-3 hours of my week. There is not a better podcast anywhere. For humor, Drinkin Bros. For shooting all of the ones everyone has mentioned.

But Jocko Podcast, the best. GOOD. I’m a total fanboy.

Jocko podcast is effing amazing!

Down range radio with Michael Bane is alright. Not long range specific but I've always found the broad range of gun related topics entertaining.

The absolute best 2-3 hours of my week. There is not a better podcast anywhere. For humor, Drinkin Bros. For shooting all of the ones everyone has mentioned.

But Jocko Podcast, the best. GOOD. I’m a total fanboy.

Listened to the 1st episode of Jocko and I didn't care for it.

Is there a specific episode you could recommend?
This is the "Jocko Podcast" not the jocko acadamy, correct?

134, 140, those r more recent ones. Obviously as with anything it gets better over time. The first ones they were trying to find there stride. It’s not for everyone, I just have mad respect for the guy.

Hey don’t forget Rex reviews podcast ??
Seriously besides the everyday sniper my go to podcasts on my to and from work are gunwerks long range pursuit and the meateater podcast.

Reactions: Bender
If you guys like Navy Seals doing podcasts....theres one called "Mike Drop" by Mike Ritland. He's put out about 25 or so, so far. They are pretty good. Mike was K9 handler while in the teams and his main job now that's he's been out is training dogs for mil/Leo primarily.

Here's a link to his youtube channel...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNZR15cy3w1fzGXgI5oy5aA
Ritland is a hoot. I'll have to give him credit for not shying away from some controversial subjects. I highly recommend you guys listen.
Another, pertaining to working K9s is Working Dog Radio.

Check out the Skillset podcast, not exactly shooting related but the have some great stories and a good laugh.

I certainly enjoy aspects of Precision Rifle Media and there is some quality info as long as I don't tune out when the guy starts interrupting guests to tell some stupid ass story.

If the Precision Rifle Channel guy says the word "phenomenal" one more time, I swear I'll track him down and stomp a mud hole in his ass!

And the Q&A**

Nearly as bad.......but you still want to punch him in the face?

If you guys like Navy Seals doing podcasts....theres one called "Mike Drop" by Mike Ritland. He's put out about 25 or so, so far. They are pretty good. Mike was K9 handler while in the teams and his main job now that's he's been out is training dogs for mil/Leo primarily.

Here's a link to his youtube channel...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNZR15cy3w1fzGXgI5oy5aA

His recent one with the guy from TAG is a crazy story. A little different than what was in the news

For a good laugh.. checkout Fighter and the Kid, also
I'm a big fan of the Bonfire on Sirius XM
They have the episodes on YouTube every now and again

I do a lot of driving, so I get a lot of listening time. I have subscriptions to the following podcasts, and I pick and choose which ones to listen to. Some have been mentioned already, but I'll include them again because they're worth your time. Out of all, Dan Carlin's Hardcore History podcast is the best audio program I've ever listened to. A specific recommendation is his "Blueprints for Armageddon," in which he outlines WWI with brutally vivid imagery and color.
  • Jocko Podcast
  • Mike Drop
  • The Everyday Sniper
  • History on Fire
  • The Meateater Podcast
  • The Church of What's Happening Now
  • Monday Morning Podcast
  • Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
  • Common Sense with Can Carlin
  • The Joe Rogan Experience

So I had forgotten this post... Not good since I started it haha I'll add back to the group for some I've found.

The hunting dog podcast
Birds, Booze and Buds
Lonebduck gundog chronicals
Sportsman nation, specificly the nine finger chronicles
Gunwerks the ones actually about shooting not product

Meat eater is ok... But rinella let's ppl talk out thier ass WAY to much, they spread missinformation and that bothers me a LOT also he is very much on his high horse for Western hunts

Second the Meateater podcast. Even if you're not a hunter, the story telling is great.

Also second Downrange with Michael Bane. Have to soft through the occassional rant and super strong opinion, but I enjoy the discussion on some other types of firearms. Episodes vary from super political and serious to humorous and enjoyable.

Tim Ferriss, Rich Roll both have good ones, not shooting related.

Also just found KifaruCast, but havent had a chance yet.

Ritland is a hoot. I'll have to give him credit for not shying away from some controversial subjects. I highly recommend you guys listen.
Another, pertaining to working K9s is Working Dog Radio.

Mike wasnt a handler while in the seals. He was a seal then became a K9 trainer. Good dude. Working dog radio is a couple friends of mine, Ted summers and Alesha. I havent listened to their podcast yet but I remember them joking around about doing one. I've known them for years.

Reactions: kindabitey
Great thread. EDS is the best. Now I’ll be checking out Jocko, Gunwerks and histoy on fire. Besides that, Dan Carlins Harcore History is fantastic (as mentioned above). Dude does his research and knows how to tell a story. Rinella (Meateater) is good too - waaay smarter guy than I realized from his tv show. I enjoy Cleckner’s stuff, and most of Rogan even if the topics vary so much

Last edited:
Mike wasnt a handler while in the seals. He was a seal then became a K9 trainer. Good dude. Working dog radio is a couple friends of mine, Ted summers and Alesha. I havent listened to their podcast yet but I remember them joking around about doing one. I've known them for years.

I hate to admit, but I've fallen behind on the Working Dog Radio podcast :confused:, but the most important thing I've learned is how much I DON"T know, and what my Mals limits are. Ted and Eric know what the deal is, and Alesha keeps them pointed in the right direction :ROFLMAO:

For new tid bits of information.....Weekly installments from Vigilance Elite and Tactical Rifleman. Both from the OPs community.