• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Other than gun shit what are your

The John Grisham "legal" series. Earlier on, I read all the Pat Conroy novels (Lords of Discipline, etc., Great Santini, etc.). as well as watched the movie versions. If you ever wondered where Michael Biehn or Bill Paxton got their start, watch the "Lords of Discipline" movie. And, oddly enough, that movie was filmed in the UK, of all places.

Being a SCUBA diver, I have Cussler's "The Sea Hunters" series on DVD. This is the one he did in partnership with James Delgado.

You should check out Shadow Divers by Robert Kurson

I'm in a historical non fiction phase, currently Undaunted Courage by Stephen Ambrose.

Y'all be sleepin and shit...

Books ?
All of them.
I read them on my laptop using "Ice Cream" E-book reader.....screw turning paper pages.

If there has ever been a book written, it is here (Library Genesis)......just be sure to hit the fiction/non-fiction/academic/whatever button before using the search.

"Pirate Hunters" by Robert Kurson is a true, real world, relatively recent modern story about some American guys who go looking for a known pirate wreck in the Dominican Republic... and find it.

Reactions: Charger442
Sometimes, I will read history books. Like the "Politically Incorrect Guide to the Vietnam War," which matched exactly my friend's experience and reason for being there, which goes against the "popular narrative."

We were invited to be in Laos and Cambodia. He spent three Christmas days on the Laotian and Cambodian border, specializing in remote detonation of ordnance on enemy installations.

True story, we were working on the then new Winn-Dixie in Ft Worth on Jacksboro Hwy and Ephriham. One of our co-workers was a guy named Liam and he was from Laos.

My friend said, "I was in Laos."

"When?"

"During the Vietnam War."

"What were you doing there?"

With a snicker, "Killing people that looked like you."

"You're not going to kill me now, are you?"

"No. The war's over, right?"

You had to be there, it was a moment.

There are many great writers whose books I enjoy. Several have been mentioned in previous posts. I'll add a couple.
Hemingway before he became a total alcoholic , still enjoy this books, classics.
Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter , probably one the best African hunting books ever done. I would love to have an original copy of Uhuru without having to rob a bank to pay for it.
One of my favorite writers and whose books actually steered my life to some degree was Louis La' Mour, my grandfather started me on his books when I was very young.

My favorite Hemingway…

IMG_9795.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 6.5SH and 375fan
10" Kindle Fire here. My son and I share a Prime account and get each others books on each. Over 1,300 of them now and it weighs no more than when new. Try that with real books. :D

Just waiting for Ayn Rand to rise from the dead and write Atlas Shrugged 2: I told you this shit was going to happen. Seriously though, I love older science fiction but today’s has lost me, I read more history than anything else, it usually doesn’t matter to me the topic I find it more interesting if I disagree as long as they aren’t unhinged.

• Love
Reactions: Ronws
There are many great writers whose books I enjoy. Several have been mentioned in previous posts. I'll add a couple.
Hemingway before he became a total alcoholic , still enjoy this books, classics.
Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter , probably one the best African hunting books ever done. I would love to have an original copy of Uhuru without having to rob a bank to pay for it.
One of my favorite writers and whose books actually steered my life to some degree was Louis La' Mour, my grandfather started me on his books when I was very young.
The self described "poor man's Hemingway" is one of my favorites. For how prolific a writer he was is sad that he's barely known today.
I consider myself lucky to own:
Grenadine Etching
Grenadine's Spawn
One for the Road
I Didn't Know It Was Loaded
Something of Value
The Honey Badger
Uhuru
Poor No More
Use Enough Gun
Horn of the Hunter
The Old Man and the Boy (everyone should own this)
The Old Man's Boy Grows Older
Robert Ruark's Africa

the Lost Classics; a collection of 27 writings Safari Press put out in 1996

Reactions: 375fan
Craig Johnson / Longmire Series…..and no, I have never watched the TV show, only read the books. Afraid the TV show would ruin MY minds eye of his and the others characters. 😀
I watched the entire show 1.5 times over. I am now reading the books. I have to say in my opinion.....the show does a great job of telling the story. Great actors for sure.

Currently reading an older edition of "Code Complete" by Steve McConnell.

Also reading several different journal / research articles/papers on various computer science topics related to Linux internals, storage and networking.

Would like to get my personal life back on track and spend the time required to fully finish "C99 A Modern Approach, 2nd edition" by K. N. King. After that, maybe "Algorithms in C" by Sedgwick.

There's an updated edition of "The Mythical Man Month" by Fred Brooks that I'd like to read.

I've been thinking lately I'd like to read more history and maybe philosophy but I have next to 0 background in either and don't really know where to start.

Being an early adopter of the Internet, I spend more time watching instructional videos on YouTube in areas of personal interest, than I do reading. Last week I binged several hours of Larry Haan framing videos; he even had me thinking, "yea I could do that, I should probably try this out..." until I realized I'm retarded and would probably cut my dick off with a skilsaw. So...back to watching other people do cool shit.

"Darwin Devolves: the New Science About DNA That Challenges Evolution" by Michael Behe.

You can get digital version at Amazon. Maybe even Barnes and Noble.

Last edited:
Stephen Kotkin, Stalin: Totalitarian Superpower, 1941-1990
is Volume III of a 3 part biography; the first 2 volumes were appx. 900 pages each.
Publication is expected in 2025.

"Endurance" the story of the failed south pole expedition, led by Shackleton. Must have been pretty miserable.