• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Our new "puppy"....

LoneWolfUSMC

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Well, he's not really a puppy. He's somewhere between one and two years old. He looks to be pure Lab. Just a little white on his chest and muzzle. He was underfed and neglected by his owners, picked up by animal control and default surrendered when they wouldn't pick him up. We got him from his foster family. He's been in our house two days and loves to play with our five year old pit/lab mix and the kids. Most of the morning he has just been laying at my feet.

He's got a couple of bad habits we need to break, but he is such a good dog we had to give him a permanent home.

Re: Our new "puppy"....

it nice see that he found a new family to be with. he looks alot like a lab/pit me and my wife rescued two years ago to join our family.

I love labs. They are your best friend right from the start.

Good for you...I'm glad you gave him a good home. I hate to see good pups suffering.

Thank you for rescueing him. We have a Chocolate lab who is 4 years old and still thinks he is a puppy/lapdog/protector of the world.

Jerry

Looks identical to my lab, even the small white spot on the chest, similar story. Great dogs and extremely loving. You got a best friend for many years to come. Just wait until he becomes really part of the family and starts to get close to your face as if asking,<span style="font-style: italic"> do you love me, do you love me, do you love me</span>?

Flyingbullseye

tactical black, lol. nice job on the rescue. i wish more people would do the same

Good job Lonewolf. He'll be one loyal dog to your family for bailing him out of a jam.

Jen said that she is so happy that you rescued a dog. That's awesome. He shure found a himself a good home and looks like he's fitting right in. Take care buddy. Steve.

Only his second day and he lays about like he owns the place.

The nice thing about a good dog is no matter what kind of day you are having, when they lay their head in your lap, wag that tail and look up at you, you can't help but smile.

Love Labs! Awesome dogs! Congrats. on the acquisition of a new family member.

PA

Way to go! I'm a huge rescue fan-too many put down everyday not to be.

He looks like he'll gonna be a great member of the family.

Thats a good looking dog John. Whats his name? Gonna bring him with you to the Red Brush matchs?

His name is "Petey". Once I figure out how he reacts to gunfire, I may bring him around.

Dogs just amaze me. He has known me for two days and shows total and complete, unconditional love. How people neglect and mistreat them I will never understand. I have to deal with aggressive and abused dogs regularly at work. I never hold it against them. I just makes me madder at the "owners" for putting the dogs in that situation.

very nice. we have a chocolate lab and love the breed.

Love my black lab too! Yours is so rich in color! Good luck pick up the book "water dogs" by Richard Wolters. It's a great read

3 Black Labs over the span of 38 years. Greatest breed on the planet. So intelligent, great work dogs, and loyal. Nothing they love to do more than to please their Master.
Enjoy your new family member. Glad to hear that he has found a good home.

That is awesome of you to take that dog. About a little over a year and a half ago we found a half yellow lab, half collie I think. Some SOB male had abused this dog. He was so pitiful and dejected with no confidence at all. It took some time, and working with a season K9 officer to teach us how to handle him and train him. Long story short, he has turned out to be a wonderful dog and is the best of buddies with our boxer. Rehabbing a dog and watching them come into their own has been a very rewarding process. I know you will get the same satisfaction from yours as well. He sure is a good looking dog. Glad there are other dog lovers and care takers in the world.

Beautiful dog and great story. My three are all rescues. Two abused, one abandoned. I love my pups. People, not so much most of the time...

He looks like he will be a handful. My Lab was from the pound after being taken from her previous owners.

Nice pup,

Do you have a picture of the Pit/Lab mix? We got one from the shelter that someone dropped off and were told that it is either Bulldog/pit with lab.

I have a yellow thats about a year older. My best bud. They're great dogs. Great that you gave the pup a home ....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">His name is "Petey". Once I figure out how he reacts to gunfire, I may bring him around.

Dogs just amaze me. He has known me for two days and shows total and complete, unconditional love. How people neglect and mistreat them I will never understand. I have to deal with aggressive and abused dogs regularly at work. I never hold it against them. I just makes me madder at the "owners" for putting the dogs in that situation.</div></div>

You saved him, and he will never forget that...but that's a dog for you.

I can't say the same for cats - in grad school one of my male roommates had a cat that spent its first two years of life abused in a fraternity - that was one mean SOB cat.