• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Out of left field - Hot Yoga

Mike_Honcho

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2007
I run mid 20 miles a week, lift some weights, stretch and whatnot....

Been to a few hot yoga classes recently - 105 - 107 degrees w/ @ 50% humidity - 90 minute class.

If you haven't, it is worth checking out. I have done some regular yoga, but this is definitely next level as far as effort.

Particularly for those with nagging aches and pains... might consider it.

I have a heater in my garage and did the P90x Yoga one time in there. I got it up to about 95 degrees and it was plenty hot. Pretty sure I sweated out about 10lbs of water...I hate Yoga, but it probably is the best thing for me, especially as I get older. I just wish I could get over the mental barrier I have in convincing myself to do it more.

@shields shtr what kind of heater you got? I need one for the next brutal winter that rolls around.

I hear you on the winter...we are still buried here where I am at. It was 28 degrees today and it felt like t shirt weather. I have the venerable Hot Dawg garage heater. I think it's the 75k BTU model. It'll heat things up in a real hurry.

Reactions: Srikaleak
I run mid 20 miles a week, lift some weights, stretch and whatnot....

Been to a few hot yoga classes recently - 105 - 107 degrees w/ @ 50% humidity - 90 minute class.

If you haven't, it is worth checking out. I have done some regular yoga, but this is definitely next level as far as effort.

Particularly for those with nagging aches and pains... might consider it.

The older I get the more I like practicing yoga. It keeps the old man soreness at bay and is super helpful for positional shooting.

Wish I had started years ago - makes a huge difference for cycling, skiing and shooting.

Also, I might start practicing this as a new barricade position. ?

• Haha
Reactions: StealthOwl
Definitely beneficial as you get older. Have lifted weights and cycled for many years. A number of years ago a lady that worked out with us kept pestering me to come to her yoga class. I put her off for a long time then finally went. It was a power yoga class and she kicked my ass. I was covered in perspiration and shaking during the class. I wasn't going to leave it at that so I kept going. Low and behold my back issues got better and it helped my position on the bike. Started going to yoga right after long Saturday rides and always felt better. The scenery in class was also a great motivator.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
Yes - forgot to mention the scenery. I did another 100 degree class yesterday after a long road ride and there’s nothing like being around 2 dozen good looking sweaty women.

Reactions: aljones_315
Seriously when I need a hot work out I put on my heavyweight tournament Gi and do my 23 kata's.

At that point my gi is soaked and half full of water whether its 50 degrees or 100 degrees.