• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Outstanding Gunsmith DarkEagleCustom

phipp13

Private
Minuteman
Aug 17, 2017
Southern Maryland
Dan at DarkEagleCustom does outstanding work in a timely manner. I'm not easily impressed either being an aircraft engineering tech, performed rapid prototype design, fabrication , and installation of prototype weapons systems and airframe changes. I currently perform structural aircraft composite testing for DOD. Dan will be doing more gunsmithing for me. Phipp

Interesting first post.

Yeah, from one first post extreme to the other................................usually this guy "sucks" instead of "world class." I guess if Chad, Josh, Keith, Dave, Mark, or John (in any order) can't fit me in I'll take a look.

Dan at DarkEagleCustom does outstanding work in a timely manner. I'm not easily impressed either being an aircraft engineering tech, performed rapid prototype design, fabrication , and installation of prototype weapons systems and airframe changes. I currently perform structural aircraft composite testing for DOD. Dan will be doing more gunsmithing for me. Phipp

NY ?

FWIW I believe Dan made one of the early Sniper Hide rifles based on a Savage. I believe Greg also had him do work on one of his rifles.

1st post pumping a smith smells like a troll to me even if the GS is a good guy.

I just had a couple of really good dealings with a gunsmith I found on the web, I never met him or even talked to him on the phone. I sent him emails, money orders, and gun parts hoping that his work was as good as the photos on his website. His work was better than I expected, attention paid to every detail. Having over 30 years as a metalsmith, in my opinion,I have a pretty good eye for details. Rarely do I feel I got more than I paid for, this was one of those times. The only trolling I've ever done involved a fishing pole, lots of beer, lots of lies, and maybe a fish or two. Just one mans opinion, my bad for posting it. Having that new guy smell if rough around here. V/R Phipp

1st post pumping a smith smells like a troll to me even if the GS is a good guy.

With all do respect, just because the OP is praising the work of a smith doesn't make him a troll, even if it is his first post. Dan has been mentioned in several past threads on the Hide relating to his work with actions being used for Remage barrels and he's received nothing but high marks for his work from other members. I've seen a couple of actions he's tuned up and the workmanship was very good, the actions fit the barrels perfectly and the rifles shot well.

I just had a couple of really good dealings with a gunsmith I found on the web, I never met him or even talked to him on the phone. I sent him emails, money orders, and gun parts hoping that his work was as good as the photos on his website. His work was better than I expected, attention paid to every detail. Having over 30 years as a metalsmith, in my opinion,I have a pretty good eye for details. Rarely do I feel I got more than I paid for, this was one of those times. The only trolling I've ever done involved a fishing pole, lots of beer, lots of lies, and maybe a fish or two. Just one mans opinion, my bad for posting it. Having that new guy smell if rough around here. V/R Phipp

Don't worry about it, many here assume more than they should, just based upon their past dealing here. I suspected he (your smith) was who I thought it was and more old guys know, or know of him, than most any member who joined past 2004. You have no worries with whom you chose.

BTW, welcome to the Hide, great place and you will quickly learn who to an not to trust. Place is not as tight as it was way back, but still most know (or can find out quickly) if what XXX member says is truthful or not real quick. Stay away from the bear-pit an those who only post most of their trash there, or just don't respond to the B/S'ers/cat fight starters, an you'll do well.

Dan did my first custom bolt rifle. It was a Savage long action .300WM. That thing was exceptionally accurate and I regret selling it off.

I hope to have him build another when I can and if he's still smithing. This was a .300WM with a 26" Krieger M24 bbl with BO rail, rings, Surefire MB, Larue/Harris combo. MDT HS3 Chassis and Buttstock. NF NXS. Damn I miss this rifle :ROFLMAO:

20160711_202617.jpg
20160711_202639.jpg

Last edited: