• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Overcomplicating Things

I went down that rabbit hole and it drove me nuts. I have refined my loading process to make it incredibly pleasant.
1) Walk in reloading room.
2) Look at reloading stuff.
3) Say “FUCK…THAT …NOISE!”
4) Grab .22 and ammo.
5) Go to range (or hunt the chewers of wires and defilers of bird feeders)
6) Have fun and repeat.
And these days I have my found my ES to be in the low “don’t give a fuck”s with an SD to match. Very pleased! 🤣

Last edited:
I feel the frustration in this thread. If I shot a 308 over 300yrds I wouldn't be wasting my time either. My 6.5CM can ring steel at 600yrds all day on factory ammo while I drink a soy latte with my left hand and pulling the trigger with my right.

When I was a kid I really enjoyed shooting because I had my Tasco scope and my 10-22 and I shot at practical things from practical distances.

Ammo was whatever was cheapest and if you can knock down a beer can at 20 yards that was awesome.

I dont not enjoy shooting now but its a lot more work than it was when I was a kid.

Reactions: nikonNUT
I learned to shoot with a k31 and Bushnell elite 10x mid dot scope.

I learned to reload with a 7.62x54r Lee loader and a Mosin.

All in the desert where I could spot my shots with the naked eye. I was shooting at balloons tied to weeds.

Then I got a Savage 10 fp and .308 dies with a lee hand press. 0.3 moa for the first 5 shot group. It was beating from 168/175 grain from the start. Using the same Bushnell scope.

Because of school I had neither time nor money for 5 years. I got a co2 air gun converted to high pressure air. I shot at spoons at 50 to 100 yards, learned to better range and shoot in wind. Varmints paid the price.

Now I use range/wind finders and ballistics programs I learned from shooting job 18.1 grain pellets at 850 fps.

The new 6.5 creed is cake. Won't probably take it out until the fall.

Any who I get more out of gearing down vs gearing up. Its made me a better shooter.
This is a great point, I went through a period where I tried to buy expensive shit to make myself a better shooter and shortly after realized guys with better fundamentals and cheaper equipment were hitting further and more consistent. Went back to the drawing board and worked on the basics, spent 3-4 days a week at the range for about 6 months, this changed things waaaay more than anything I ever bought and bolted on a rifle.

Reactions: Davo308
Why I post on the Bear Pit a and read the rest of the site.

There is not much new under the sun. My shiatty reloads and a Rem 700 produced a result I have yet to match (in 308 no less!). The search function works well and answers 99% of my questions.