• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

owning pull ups

jbell

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jan 16, 2010
    Lewiston, ME
    There seems to be a lot of talk on here lately about pull ups and how to get better at them. Well I am posting this link to show if you work hard at them you CAN do them.

This is my 7 year old daughter. She has been doing pull ups for about 1.5 years now and is starting to get damn good at them. I dont push her to do them she does it on her own and its starting to rub off on her little sister (6 years old). The younger one can do 2-4 depending on how hard she wants to push her self.

In this video she is on her 3rd set in about 5 or 6 min. I watched her do 2 sets back to back and decided to get a video of this last set. She did 3 trips down the monkey bars with 6 pull ups in each trip for a total od 18 pull ups with a bar change between each one. I am very proud of her to say the least! Hope the link works:

Re: owning pull ups

Ultimately at maturity women generally cannnot do pullups. % body weight is never less than 10%.
    Even with extensive training for months, with documented increased Upper-body strength, their lack of testosterone does not permit significant buscle bulk to do the job.
    Also those who are tall and with long arms have a harder time than the shorter limbed mesomorphs..FWIW
    Never discourage her..
    But pullups are just not an indication of fitness..too many uncontrollable variables.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokenfire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very impressive little athlete! </div></div>

+1!!

Thanks guys! She is truely hard. She pushes herself @ everything she does. I cant wait for when she is old enough to start racing so we can do some endurance races together. I hope her little sister follows in her footsteps as well, but if not thats cool too.

rockrat, thank you for posting the videos those girls are truely skilled! I will show the videos to my kiddos for sure.

That's awesome; at my peak I did 4 sets of 10...I'd be lucky to do 2 sets of 5 now