• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

P90x Week 2

xNF_9

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2009
Fargo
I started P90x last week and am waking up at 4 a.m. to do my workouts before I go to work. I've read reviews about it saying that the workout is no good. I'll have to call bullshit on that one. It's the way you push yourself and how hard you are willing to work. At week 2 I'm seeing definite differences in my body, and can't wait till I hit the last week of it.

Sorry I needed to vent, because I'm sick and tired of people saying shit doesn't work, because they don't have the will or desire to do something to the fullest. I know they say they put 110% into it, but we all know they didn't. I'd love to see them work out and give everything they had and not see results. I'm a former D1 athlete and learned how to push myself to the extents of my limits. Anyone can do it, it's just the mentality that you have to have to get there.

There I said my words and will keep my peace until something else comes up.

HORNdawg

Re: P90x Week 2

It is a sound workout that does work , just like anything else you get out of it what you willing to push your self to do

I guess I'm not worried about the results I can already feel them. I just gotta keep at it for the rest of the 90 days lol.

Keep going...........I started P90x about 45 days ago. I had my doubts at first, I didn't think I would see much if any results. I'll be 53 this month and have already lost 18 pounds. I've gained definition back in my upper body. Still need a lot of work on the old beer belly but I can get through all of the reps in ab ripper so I must be doing something right. I've gone from a 36 waist to a 34 waist which is the most inspiring for me.

Hang in there
Kevin

It does work. I dropped 30 pounds with it. First 3 weeks are the hardest. Fuck the nay sayers, they just want you to stay fat like them. When you're done, they can batter, deep fry, and eat their crow...

I'm on the 2nd week myself, its tough but I keep pushing on. I agree its gotta work, I have lost 10 pounds already (watching diet also) and my wife is doing it too she has lost 6lbs!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It does work. I dropped 30 pounds with it. First 3 weeks are the hardest. Fuck the nay sayers, they just want you to stay fat like them. When you're done, they can batter, deep fry, and eat their crow... </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">^ This.</span>
I've started it twice now and not gotten past a solid 3 weeks' workout. The first time I started I was 50 lbs heavier than I am now, and the last time I started it I was 40 lbs heavier so it was hard for me and I pussied out both times. Even though I was only doing what I could and forgetting the rest, I was seeing pounds lost and muscles toned in that short amount of time. It absolutely works, and it works even better if you follow the diet. The next time I do it, I'm following the JRose example and publicly posting about it so I get the piss taken out of me if I wuss out again. Stick with it, it will work! The naysayers can't say crap about the program when you cut fat and build your muscle.

I'm starting my third week today. Excited to see what kind of gains I make by the end of the program.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is NDSU a D1 school for football? </div></div>

Yes they moved up divisions. They are D1 officially.

It absolutely works. While you're pushing yourself to the limit, remember not to push past it. I did that last October at week 8. I had gained 16 pounds at day 56, but pushed so hard I got rhabdomyolysis, a buildup of broken down muscle tissue in the kidneys. This damaged my kidneys, and now I can't even complete one workout without being extremely sore for a week. Don't do that to yourself. I'm sure wishing I hadn't.

I have done a cycle of P90x every year for the past three years. Anyone who says it doesn't work has never tried or didn't follow it enough. It is a great program and will work your butt off. Keep it up and you will see results.

Yeah dude, keep at it. Eat right, especially the first two weeks or you'll find yourself losing energy...at least I did. Wasn't taking in enoough good carbs. I lost 30 pounds, from 02/19/11-05/06/11 on my weigh in, and 6% BF. In June, I was only good for 3 pounds more, but 4 more percentage. In July, I was down to 220.5, and an additional 3 % from a starting point of 256. Since I completed it, I still do it everyday, just tailor the sequence of workouts around what my goals is that week.

The shit works, but it's almost boring now as I can literally do each routine out of memory, complete with "get it up, p...90...x" sayings and all. Lol.

If you do nothing physical anything you do after will show some sort of results. Not a fan of Crossfit or P90x but like I said if you do it compared to nothing it will show some sort of results.

Keep with it, it does work. I didn't try to loose a lot of weight(didn't do the diet, but try to eat reasonably), I used it to tone up and get endurance after years of nothing. After 90 days I lost about 8 pounds and about 3-4 inches(low core strength) around the middle. I don't get a sore back, etc. anymore.

Since then I've just kept doing it cycle after cycle and sometimes I still get sick because I'm pushing for higher weight. I do the 10-15 reps because to me strength/endurance is king. I do swap out workouts (cardio for yoga) because I don't always have 6 days/week to do it. I've been doing some adventure races and found that without running training that I can keep up with the other competitors.

One last thing, skip their recovery drink and drink chocolate milk (skim). It's the best recovery drink out there. When I first heard of it I thought it'd make me hurl, but it doesn't.