• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PAC-NOR Barrel Question

Cat64

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2013
North Louisiana
I would like to know what is your experience with the above mentioned barrel. I was doing some research for acquiring a barrel for a .260 AI build and came across PAC-NOR. I read many reviews and it appears people had mostly good things to say. Couple comments claimed they were better for the shorter barrels ( i.e 20-22"). Furthermore, looking at the competition shooting results most people use Krieger, Brux, Bartlein, Douglas, Broughton, Hart, etc. Thoughts...

I don't have any experience with PAC-NOR, however the others you mentioned are all very good and that is why top shooters use them.

All things being equal, and this is just my .02, but shorter barrels tend to be a bit more forgiving (or accurate) because shorter barrels are generally more rigid than their longer counterpart, improving harmonics.

That is not to say that an OEM 20 inch is just as good as a 20 inch Hart or Bartlein.

I've a 22" Pac-Nor on a 700 Remington in .308. Shoots well under moa with 8-10K down the tube, cleans easy, never any copper. Liked it so much I've a second 30 cal Pac-Nor tube waiting on the 300wm to go south. The .308 gets to a grand w/ 33 1/4 moa, shooting 45grs Varget and a 175smk, at 880 asl.

I've a 22" Pac-Nor on a 700 Remington in .308. Shoots well under moa with 8-10K down the tube, cleans easy, never any copper. Liked it so much I've a second 30 cal Pac-Nor tube waiting on the 300wm to go south. The .308 gets to a grand w/ 33 1/4 moa, shooting 45grs Varget and a 175smk, at 880 asl.
What contour do you have? I want to get a bull barrel 28" long. What is the difference between their super match and standard match? What is lead time? Thanks

I had them put a 28" #8 straight taper on my Mod 70 in 6.5 X 284 years ago. It shot in the .3's. I then had them put a 22" #8 straight taper 308 on that Mod 70 and still shoot it today. Its a good barrel. Both of mine were super match.

I had them put a 28" #8 straight taper on my Mod 70 in 6.5 X 284 years ago. It shot in the .3's. I then had them put a 22" #8 straight taper 308 on that Mod 70 and still shoot it today. Its a good barrel. Both of mine were super match.
Does #8 mean heavy bull barrel? Did you have the install a muzzle brake for you? I am thinking getting one.

I have 2 Pac-Nor barrels on custom builds. The first is a 30" 1 in 8 twist in 6.5x55 Swede, it shoots .30moa with 95 gr Vmax and .25 with 140 gr loads.

The second is a 29" 1 in 8.5 twist 338 Lapua Mag. .5 moa at 100 havent got the chance to take it out to distance yet.
Both profiles are sendro like and flutted.

I have 2 Pac-Nor barrels on custom builds. The first is a 30" 1 in 8 twist in 6.5x55 Swede, it shoots .30moa with 95 gr Vmax and .25 with 140 gr loads.

The second is a 29" 1 in 8.5 twist 338 Lapua Mag. .5 moa at 100 havent got the chance to take it out to distance yet.
Both profiles are sendro like and flutted.
How do they compare overall with other barrels you have experience with? What# did you get?

I have a 20" 6.8spc pac-nor barrel on an ar-15 that was chambered by ar-15 performance. it shoots sub moa with my hand loads and has shot .5 moa at 400 quite a few times. +1 for pac-nor.

I have a 20" 6.8spc pac-nor barrel on an ar-15 that was chambered by ar-15 performance. it shoots sub moa with my hand loads and has shot .5 moa at 400 quite a few times. +1 for pac-nor.
I have the exact same set-up from Harrison Beane too and I am amazed how well it shoots for an AR.

22" 6.5 Creedmoor in a Savage varmint contour. 8.5 twist, 3 groove. Shoots well, and cleaning is super easy...

Cat, I did not have a brake installed on either of my barrels. The #8s were heavy but I don't think they were the bull barrels. I did have fast turn around times for both and had good experiences both times.

The other barrels I have besides factory barrels are White Oak, Rock Creek, and HS And the Pac-Nor are shooters. They clean easly and haven't had any issues. The conture is a custom spec from my gunsmith and its called a Straight Shooter either a # 1 or 2, its close to a Sendero conture.

My Rem700 7mm RM is a 28" fluted #6 Pac Nor bedded into an MCS-T. I had Pac-Nor do the barrel install and chambered it to a dummy round with a Berger VLD seated long. They did a great job and the barrel is a 1/4-1/2 MOA performer with 180 Bergers and H1000 and Retumbo. I also have a Savage pre fit from them chambered in 7mm/300 and the first group I shot through it using 175 grain Nosler LRABs was 1/2" with zero load development. I currently have an order for a fluted #5 300 WSM for them to chamber and install for me on a Win 70. I'll be sending my action and dummy round to them within the next couple weeks. They also support military with a 10% discount, which is another reason I keep going back to them. I've always gone with the select match.