• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing PAC NOR Barrels/Action Truing

Red Belly

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2009
MA
Anyone have any experience with PAC NOR barrels and/or their action truing?

Re: PAC NOR Barrels/Action Truing

PacNor is A++ in my ratings, barrels wise. No idea about their action smithing work.

yes, Pacnor rebarreled my model 70 in 7wsm. Its very nice and they were exactly on time as quoted. No suprises.

Got 3 of their barrels and must say they are great tubes. One on my 6.5x47L,7-08 and a 20" AR. Cleans up great!

They have doen 2 for me. The 6.5X284 has been great! cleans up easy.

penney is great to deal with, and if you every have an issue they stand behind thier work.

I have a couple pac-nor barrels, and they sure don't look factory lapped to me.

My Shilen Stainless, Lothar Walther from Brownells, Lilja, Hart, Krieger, and Parker Hale barrels all look factory lapped.

Most people with pac-nor are very happy.
I would put mine in the same category as my Douglas barrels, which I am happy with, but don't look factory lapped.

I sent them a factory 700 stainless barreled action about 10 years ago, and had them true it up and rebarrel/chamber it. I had them do a tight neck(.333) 300 weatherby, for a 1000 yard BR gun, and paid extra for express service, I also had them install a brake I already had, and blend the barrel /brake contour. They did as I asked, and I never had any problems, Workmanship was great, it shot as well as my other 1000 yard rifles, cleaned up easy, and the turn around time was as promised.

I also cant comment on there smithin.

But have had one of their barrels,and i loved it!

I do forsee another in my future.
grin.gif

Their barrels are outstanding. I have a Pac-Nor on an AR I had built in 6.8mm and it is an absolute hammer. It is my main hunting rifle. I would never have an issue about using their work or barrels.

Never had any work done by them but have 4 of thier barrels. They are good to go.

definitely fine barrels. decent turn-around time as well, a buddy ordered one pretty recently, took about a month

I am starting to see a trend here. Thanks for the info gents.

I ordered a barrel and asked them to chamber it a little deep.
(I had gauges, but no reamer)

They did, and the chamber finish and run out was excellent....

While I haven't had them do it for me, I know of a few people who have used them for the chambering work as well. Can't think of a single comment other than high praise.

I had them put one of their barrels and a muzzle brake I supplied on Remington 700 LA. The did a great job blending the brake in and they were right on time.

I' have a Winchester push feed they "trued" and put a barrel on chambered in 30-06 Ackley that shoots aws well and a Rem 700 in same caliber i had built by Darrle Holand with a Hart barrel , so I'd say that they did somthing right.

Now that said I did get a bad barrel from them one time but it was replaced with no problems at all.

their a good company to deal with

I live in Brookings, OR, where PAC-NOR's based. I am not affiliated w/ them in any way. That being said the Pac-Nor barrels chambered and installed by Gunner's Sport Shop,(also in Brookings), are legendary around here. Gunner's is more famous for thumbhole stocked hunting or varmint guns but is getting "tactical" with the help of some friends.

Bought my first Pac-Nor Barrel in 2005 for my 40Xaction chambered in 22-250 (1x12 twist and 5 groves). They trued the action, chambered and installed the barrel. Great shooter. In 2007, I re,placed that 22-250 barrel with a 3 grove 1x12 SS and also had a 6mm Rem 3 grove 1x10 built on a 700SA. The original barrel has been set back and is still killing prairie dogs on a 722 action.

The two three grove barrls (22-250/1200 rds and 6mm Rem/800 rds) are absolutely wonderful. The shoot bugholes and don't erode easily. Both have been easy to clean.

Call Penny and buy one. You will not be unhappy. Old Doug in GA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobertB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does all their bbls have a bbl nut on them?</div></div>

?

No you can order a remington barrel with a savage style barrel nut, makes an easy switch barrel system.

I have a half dozen barrels and they did all of the installs. I had one model 7 with a #2 contour that did not shoot as well as I wanted. They took it back and dropped in a new barrel with no questions asked. New barrel was 1/2 to 3/4moa which is as good as I have ever seen for something that slim.