• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Packable cleaning kit

Dashoota

Private
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
Spartanburg, SC
Does anyone make a packable cleaning kit? Looking for something I can put in my pack for a stuck bullet, dirt, etc. More of an emergency cleaning kit than everyday kit. 6.5 caliber

Sain defense. Fix it stix just released one and borka sells some rods as well. Also look at pro shot.

Truth be told...you should find yourself a decent utility case. There are a number of them and create your own portable cleaning kit. Nothing out there came close to having what I wanted. I bought what I wanted and assembled my own kit

Now I have EXACTLY what I want

Reactions: Strykervet
Sain defense. Fix it stix just released one and borka sells some rods as well. Also look at pro shot.

Does Borka still sell the rods? I looked on their website and it looks abandoned. I bought my kit before they added the segments rod. I would really like one for my kit.

Does Borka still sell the rods? I looked on their website and it looks abandoned. I bought my kit before they added the segments rod. I would really like one for my kit.

I have one that I got with his kit. I remember that Boris told me it was by PRO-SHOT. I bet that an email to him would get you the information you need

I have one that I got with his kit. I remember that Boris told me it was by PRO-SHOT. I bet that an email to him would get you the information you need

Yes, I just looked it is a Pro Shot rod. Also I was looking on his old site, they are listed for sale on his new one for $50. Thank you for the help!!

Ended up ordering a few things and assembling one up like NikH suggested.

Went with :

Pack should be big enough for several more items that I have laying around the bench, patches, etc.

Reactions: Nik H
It's not abandoned. $50+shipping. Made in the U.S. by Pro-Shot. Exceptionally high quality kit and 2 times less expensive than a copy of Sain Defence modular cleaning rod from fixitsticks.

Last edited:
Lot of kids had one issued to them as a high school graduation present from '66-'70 IIRC.
Seriously, those USGI kits are in my bag at all times.

Reactions: usafa77
I ordered the Pro-Shot kit off of the Borka website last week and it just showed up today. It comes in a small rectangular plastic case and appears to be well made. Each of the sections screw together snugly and lock up tight. As a backup, it seems like it will be a great option to have in the pack.

Last edited: