• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pagosa Springs Colorado?

GUNNER75

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 29, 2005
    SW KS
    Wife and daughter are finally getting me to take a couple days off for vacation. Been to Pitkin Colorado for some serious ATV riding, and would like to take the atv's to Pagosa, just never been there.
    Can anyone give me some input on the trails in the area. My wife has limited experience on technical trails and would like a nice ride rather than white knuckle.

What else is there to do in Pagosa? Any input is greatly appriciated!
    ps, should have posted sooner, but leaving in the next day or so.

Re: Pagosa Springs Colorado?

Spend a couple of vacations Jeeping and hiking further north in the Ouray area. I was planning on exploring some of the wilderness areas near Pagosa Springs in the San Juans this vacation, but got cancelled out due to last minute work projects.

Great hiking all through that corner of Colorado in the San Juans and the temps are moderate even in August due to the elevation.

I'd highly recommend checking out the following books for good off-road trail info: since you're leaving right away you ought to be able to pick one or more up in Pagosa Springs itself.

4WD Adventures: Colorado (Massey & Wilson)
    Guide to Colarado Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails (Wells)
    John Fielder's Best of Colorado: 165 Top Scenic Places [has a section for Pagosa Springs plus surrounding areas]