• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

paint balls at 1000?

Re: paint balls at 1000?

who could afford to buy a pile of ostrich egss to shoot at?
clay pigeons are similar in size and way cheaper. the whole fun of chicken eggs is that they are hard to hit.

"I have shot an 8x string before, thats with a bipod and a rear bag."

I'm not asking how many X's you've shot before - I'm just suggesting that you be truthful and factual with your measurements and comparisons, "dude". A 500 yard X ring is not smaller than an egg.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: h.b.h.l.r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triple 6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would say he is more than full of shit. We shoot a match here in the spring that the target is a paintball on a golf tee at 200 yards. Trust me, he's full of shit. To make it more exciting we have a buy in money match where you get 2 shots to hit one egg at 500 yards and it only has about a 30-40% success rate. Ask him to put his money where his mouth is, bet he want. </div></div>

eggs at 500 is fun and my buddies and i have done it. 75% hit rate even on eggs at 500 is very tough </div></div>

Is this the vid I Saw where you guys where hitting the Rocks close to the Eggs and the Eggs had alot of Rock and Bullet Splatter. If thats not the Video I would love to see yours. Post it here please.

The National record for 15 shots on a 500 yard F-Class Target for a .308 is 149-8 "X" shot by US F-T/R Team member Paul Phillips. This means that he leaked one shot out of the 5" "10" ring, and got more than half of them in the 2.5" "X" ring. The "unlimited class" (F-Open) record, probably set with a 6.5-284 (by Jim Murphy, one of the US F-Open Team members) was a 150-12"X", a bit better, but he still leaked 3 shots outside the 2.5" "X" ring.

By my measurements (from the carton of eggs in the fridge!) a "large AA" egg measures at 2.4" x 1.7"

Setting up *really* early in the AM would be the only way to make egg shooting at 500-600 yards repeatable, wind conditions building are only part of the problem. The real issue we have seen is the building mirage. With the diffraction, the image that you put your crosshairs on is not necessarily where the target is. This makes long-range egg shooting more difficult, and the (probably mythical) 1000 yard paintball shooting damn near impossible.

I love all the online folks that shoot better than F-Class and LRBR record holders "all day"......

Noone shoots paintballs at 1K, the claimant is a douchebag.

<span style="font-style: italic">that isn't directed at [Re: Darrell Buell] , I just clicked the fastest reply.</span>

Thats assuming that the best shooters in the world shoot F-Class at all.....The best shooters that shoot F-Class are the F-Class record holders. A little FYI.

Paintball eh......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NineHotel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"I have shot an 8x string before, thats with a bipod and a rear bag."

I'm not asking how many X's you've shot before - I'm just suggesting that you be truthful and factual with your measurements and comparisons, "dude". A 500 yard X ring is not smaller than an egg. </div></div>

I wasn't trying to brag just saying that 8 shots inside of 2.5" would be 8 eggs. Not to mention you can preload the bipod legs in the dirt outside. The matches I have shot the bipod is on concrete which makes it harder to be consistent. The BR guys get some impressive groups because the don't have to wait for their target to be pulled. That's all I'm going to say. If you still don't think eggs at 5-600yds is possible buy a plane ticket and come shoot with us, i'll buy the coffee.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trapshooter12</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: h.b.h.l.r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triple 6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would say he is more than full of shit. We shoot a match here in the spring that the target is a paintball on a golf tee at 200 yards. Trust me, he's full of shit. To make it more exciting we have a buy in money match where you get 2 shots to hit one egg at 500 yards and it only has about a 30-40% success rate. Ask him to put his money where his mouth is, bet he want. </div></div>

eggs at 500 is fun and my buddies and i have done it. 75% hit rate even on eggs at 500 is very tough </div></div>

Is this the vid I Saw where you guys where hitting the Rocks close to the Eggs and the Eggs had alot of Rock and Bullet Splatter. If thats not the Video I would love to see yours. Post it here please. </div></div>
Here is the video of the guys hitting the rocks near the eggs and think they are all bad ass with their movie editing skills. Watch the heavy wind and the near hit but still misses as the eggs roll from the impact about 4 inches away. A hit is a hit and a miss is still a miss even if the eggs roll or explode from the rocks sending peices into them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yDhGj2Uiyg

This made me so curious, I ran some ballistic data.

Paintball Ballistic Data

Paintball weight: 3.2grams / 49.38 grains
Paintball Diameter: 0.684in
Paintball Ballistic Coefficient: 0.0075

JBM does not calculate these numbers, and my exbal is at home, so if someone can run these numbers, that would be great.

A smoking fast paintball shoots at 600fps, but would have lots of paintballs breaking.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This made me so curious, I ran some ballistic data.

Paintball Ballistic Data

Paintball weight: 3.2grams / 49.38 grains
Paintball Diameter: 0.684in
Paintball Ballistic Coefficient: 0.0075

JBM does not calculate these numbers, and my exbal is at home, so if someone can run these numbers, that would be great.

A smoking fast paintball shoots at 600fps, but would have lots of paintballs breaking.

</div></div>
Most paintballs are going at half that speed. What gun do you have that shoots 600? I have made a hit at 120 yards with a paintball but it was in a burst of about twenty before the one impacted my running father in law.

I dont shoot paintball, but did a quick read, I read a couple people saying they have clocked that fast, I really have no idea, just based on a paintball b.c, I figured I would give them the benifit of the doubt, as far as the data goes and run the most optimum velocity obtainable. Feel free to run 300fps but I can not imagine they would even go that far.

I can't cut and paste, but AlBal will do the math. I used a GS drag function (for round balls) and the rest of HGWT's data.

For a 100yd zero you need a 300moa base and the drop from 100yds to 125 yards is 1746 inches.
Doesn't look like the PB's will be making it to 1K anytime soon.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I can't cut and paste, but AlBal will do the math. I used a GS drag function (for round balls) and the rest of HGWT's data.

For a 100yd zero you need a 300moa base and the drop from 100yds to 125 yards is 1746 inches.
Doesn't look like the PB's will be making it to 1K anytime soon.....</div></div>

Case closed.

The match that we shoot here in Virginia, we hot glue strings to the paint balls and hang them, kind of like a tampon. We don't lay them on the ground or stick them in the rocks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I can't cut and paste, but AlBal will do the math. I used a GS drag function (for round balls) and the rest of HGWT's data.

Doesn't look like the PB's will be making it to 1K anytime soon.....</div></div>

Case closed. </div></div>
Problem with this thread is it came back to being about shooting a paintball gun to 100 yards but it began shooting paintballs with a rifle at 1000 yards. Confusing I know but interesting info on the ballistics of a paintball though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triple 6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The match that we shoot here in Virginia, we hot glue strings to the paint balls and hang them, kind of like a tampon. We don't lay them on the ground or stick them in the rocks. </div></div>
I have shot the tennis ball doing this method but never tried paintballs will have to give it a shot. Thanks for the info!
What range did you do this at?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Here is the video of the guys hitting the rocks near the eggs and think they are all bad ass with their movie editing skills. Watch the heavy wind and the near hit but still misses as the eggs roll from the impact about 4 inches away. A hit is a hit and a miss is still a miss even if the eggs roll or explode from the rocks sending peices into them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yDhGj2Uiyg </div></div>

Maybe I missed something, where is the part that shows us thinking 'we're all bad ass'?
Its easy to be critical from behind a keyboard. Your in Idaho correct? That's not that far. Come over. Ill split your gas money. 10 shots. 10 eggs. I hit 5 or more at 500yds you give me my half of your gas money back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MuleHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Maybe I missed something, where is the part that shows us thinking 'we're all bad ass'?
Its easy to be critical from behind a keyboard. Your in Idaho correct? That's not that far. Come over. Ill split your gas money. 10 shots. 10 eggs. I hit 5 or more at 500yds you give me my half of your gas money back. </div></div>
I might have to take you up on that, not to prove a point or anything but to see it done in person. Like you said from a keyboard it looks alot like the rocks were doing most of the hits for you but again that could have been the angle of the camera and being in person watching from the spotting scope would be best.
Let me check the map to see how far you are and maybe sometime in the near future we can give it a try. No gas money needed, no bet needed. If you shoot as good as you say then that will be good enough.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triple 6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The match that we shoot here in Virginia, we hot glue strings to the paint balls and hang them, kind of like a tampon. We don't lay them on the ground or stick them in the rocks. </div></div>
I have shot the tennis ball doing this method but never tried paintballs will have to give it a shot. Thanks for the info!
What range did you do this at? </div></div>
My mistake, I ment to say eggs from a string not paintballs. The match here is held once a year at Roanoke Rifle and Revolver Club. It really good fun, and you get to see a lot of differant rigs that the shooters bring out. But by hanging the eggs it either hit or miss, nothing to help you out, and honestly the hit percentage is low 20-30% probably, and one of the guys held the 600yd BR national record for a while.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trapshooter12</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: h.b.h.l.r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triple 6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would say he is more than full of shit. We shoot a match here in the spring that the target is a paintball on a golf tee at 200 yards. Trust me, he's full of shit. To make it more exciting we have a buy in money match where you get 2 shots to hit one egg at 500 yards and it only has about a 30-40% success rate. Ask him to put his money where his mouth is, bet he want. </div></div>

Is this the vid I Saw where you guys where hitting the Rocks close to the Eggs and the Eggs had alot of Rock and Bullet Splatter. If thats not the Video I would love to see yours. Post it here please. </div></div>

if you read some of the things the guys doing the shooting said, i believe one thing said was that "we dont hit evey time",
also if you consider that the video is shooting 500 yards in windy conditions, shooting 308's with 10 power scopes, it is still pretty impressive, to me, to even hit one out of five.
now they are shooting different rifles that perform much better ballistically, with way more expensive scopes, so in good conditions it is not as hard as you think, once you are dialed on them, with 15 to 24 power scopes to hit a few in a row. the guys doing the shooting are the nicest guys i know who love shooting, they do not think they are "bad ass" they just enjoy what they do, and are sponges who suck up every bit of info they can on long range precision shooting, if you put your ego aside you might learn something from them, you can learn from everyone, even if it is what not to do right. If you could come and show them something practical or useful i can asure you they would be quick to jump on board.
just so you know when they are shooting at the eggs they only call clean hits, which are easy to tell apart.

besides this is about taking a rilfe and shooting paintballs off of golf tees at 1000 yards which most agree is impossible.

h.b.h.l.r so your friends with Chuck Norris...

joking

but if its true "he's the one!" ---matrix

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: h.b.h.l.r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">besides this is about taking a rilfe and shooting paintballs off of golf tees at 1000 yards which most agree is impossible. </div></div>

I have access to a recoiless rifle, that will remove the paint ball from the tee at 1k yds every shot. It is a rifle after all.

M274%20106mm%2005.jpg

if you read some of the things the guys doing the shooting said, i believe one thing said was that "we dont hit evey time",
also if you consider that the video is shooting 500 yards in windy conditions, shooting 308's with 10 power scopes, it is still pretty impressive, to me, to even hit one out of five.
now they are shooting different rifles that perform much better ballistically, with way more expensive scopes, so in good conditions it is not as hard as you think, once you are dialed on them, with 15 to 24 power scopes to hit a few in a row. the guys doing the shooting are the nicest guys i know who love shooting, they do not think they are "bad ass" they just enjoy what they do, and are sponges who suck up every bit of info they can on long range precision shooting, if you put your ego aside you might learn something from them, you can learn from everyone, even if it is what not to do right. If you could come and show them something practical or useful i can asure you they would be quick to jump on board.
just so you know when they are shooting at the eggs they only call clean hits, which are easy to tell apart.

[/quote]
Bad ass was the wrong word,
I was talking about the filming and music not the shooting!
I am going to try to meet them and take him up on his offer. I will however bring my rifle and give it a try also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Darrell Buell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The National record for 15 shots on a 500 yard F-Class Target for a .308 is 149-8 "X" shot by US F-T/R Team member Paul Phillips. This means that he leaked one shot out of the 5" "10" ring, and got more than half of them in the 2.5" "X" ring. The "unlimited class" (F-Open) record, probably set with a 6.5-284 (by Jim Murphy, one of the US F-Open Team members) was a 150-12"X", a bit better, but he still leaked 3 shots outside the 2.5" "X" ring.

By my measurements (from the carton of eggs in the fridge!) a "large AA" egg measures at 2.4" x 1.7"

Setting up *really* early in the AM would be the only way to make egg shooting at 500-600 yards repeatable, wind conditions building are only part of the problem. The real issue we have seen is the building mirage. With the diffraction, the image that you put your crosshairs on is not necessarily where the target is. This makes long-range egg shooting more difficult, and the (probably mythical) 1000 yard paintball shooting damn near impossible. </div></div>

Darrell, it is common knowledge that the "best" shooters don't bother themselves with silly things like international venues such as Bisley, NRAWC, Quantico, or Camp Perry. Get with the program.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: h.b.h.l.r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">besides this is about taking a rilfe and shooting paintballs off of golf tees at 1000 yards which most agree is impossible. </div></div>

I have access to a recoiless rifle, that will remove the paint ball from the tee at 1k yds every shot. It is a rifle after all.

M274%20106mm%2005.jpg
</div></div>

is that thing shoulder fired?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: h.b.h.l.r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">besides this is about taking a rilfe and shooting paintballs off of golf tees at 1000 yards which most agree is impossible. </div></div>

Not if you place the tee in gravel and count knocking it off with flying debris from a shot in the general vicinity.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: biglou13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">h.b.h.l.r so your friends with Chuck Norris...

joking

but if its true "he's the one!" ---matrix </div></div>

Chuck and me go way back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: h.b.h.l.r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: h.b.h.l.r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">besides this is about taking a rilfe and shooting paintballs off of golf tees at 1000 yards which most agree is impossible. </div></div>

M274%20106mm%2005.jpg
</div></div>

is that thing shoulder fired? </div></div>

Nothing was said about shoulder fired but no, not that one, but it's baby sister the 90mm can be, and will still meet your qual's.

only nancy's compete. the best shooters on the planet perform these feats on private haunts with no witnesses and report them immediately here on the internet for all to marvel. by the way, i do it with a hickory bow dont you know.

You know, I saw the thread title and wasn't sure what it meant. Then upon reading the OP, I realized that it did not matter whether it was shooting paintballs out *to* 1,000yds or hitting paintballs @ 1k. Either one is equally not possible.

Eric

Even a tennis at 400yrds hanging on a string is difficult, so shooting eggs which are slightly smaller and farther 2x as difficult but a paintball that is 1in in diameter at 1000yrds hell no only way you are going to hit that thing is with a 20mm cannon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Exercion</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know, I saw the thread title and wasn't sure what it meant. Then upon reading the OP, I realized that it did not matter whether it was shooting paintballs out *to* 1,000yds or hitting paintballs @ 1k. Either one is equally not possible.

Eric </div></div>

i told the guy that we shot at eggs at 500. maybe he thought i was making it up, and tried to one up me. maybe that was his way of saying i was full of it. i dont know.
two years ago i had to see it to believe it that you could hit an egg at 500 yards even once. but i saw it and now here i am hooked on long range shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: h.b.h.l.r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Exercion</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know, I saw the thread title and wasn't sure what it meant. Then upon reading the OP, I realized that it did not matter whether it was shooting paintballs out *to* 1,000yds or hitting paintballs @ 1k. Either one is equally not possible.

Eric </div></div>

i told the guy that we shot at eggs at 500. maybe he thought i was making it up, and tried to one up me. maybe that was his way of saying i was full of it. i dont know.
two years ago i had to see it to believe it that you could hit an egg at 500 yards even once. but i saw it and now here i am hooked on long range shooting.

</div></div>
I think he has upped his, now it is time to up yours……
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NineHotel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Darrell, it is common knowledge that the "best" shooters don't bother themselves with silly things like international venues such as Bisley, NRAWC, Quantico, or Camp Perry. Get with the program. </div></div>

*Crap*... why didn't you let me know earlier?? I could have saved a *ton* of cash, and ~25,000 miles traveled?
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Nick: Yes, tis true that the best F-Classers are setting the F-Class National records. It's also true that there may well be (in the case of benchrest, certainly are) more precise rifles and riflemen out there. I was simply talking about the class I actually know something about!
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: h.b.h.l.r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i had i guy tell me he shoots paint balls at 1000 yards with 75% hit rate. i dont think so.
(paint ball on golf tee. shoots with rifle.) </div></div>

He must have meant feet. But yea 333 yards is still unrealistic. 1000 yards is just an ignorant.

Maybe 1000 inches even which is about 30 ft. That would still be a fun challenge with a 22lr.

I just watched the 500 yard egg video from 2007. 2 hits out of 8 shots is what I counted thru the 3 minute mark. A true hit on the egg shows clearly when the hydrostatic effect blows it into a mist. Two of those occurred. The rest of the shots were misses, even if the egg toppled from a bullet strike in the vicinity.

X rings on paper don't act the same way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NineHotel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just watched the 500 yard egg video from 2007. 2 hits out of 8 shots is what I counted thru the 3 minute mark. A true hit on the egg shows clearly when the hydrostatic effect blows it into a mist. Two of those occurred. The rest of the shots were misses, even if the egg toppled from a bullet strike in the vicinity.

X rings on paper don't act the same way. </div></div>
That is what I counted, rocks impacted the rest.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NineHotel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just watched the 500 yard egg video from 2007. 2 hits out of 8 shots is what I counted thru the 3 minute mark. A true hit on the egg shows clearly when the hydrostatic effect blows it into a mist. Two of those occurred. The rest of the shots were misses, even if the egg toppled from a bullet strike in the vicinity.

X rings on paper don't act the same way. </div></div>
That is what I counted, rocks impacted the rest. </div></div>

two questions to the replies on shooting eggs
1. do you have a good quality rifle
2. have you tried it, shooting eggs at 500.

if you dont get one, if you havent, try it.
if you do go early so there isnt much wind,
and not much mirage. and remember 2 hits out of 8 with 308's one a remington sps and one a savage and a 10 power bushnell 3200 elite scope and a 10 power supersniper. see if you can do it. in the mountains not at a comfortable range.
when we go shooting and use eggs as targets we only call hits the good clean hits, noone ever said 8 shots 8 hits, but with a 243 lucas hit more than 10 in a row at 500 yards.
eggs in the mountains more fun than x rings at a range.
so go try it you might supprise your self.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Darrell Buell</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NineHotel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Darrell, it is common knowledge that the "best" shooters don't bother themselves with silly things like international venues such as Bisley, NRAWC, Quantico, or Camp Perry. Get with the program. </div></div>

*Crap*... why didn't you let me know earlier?? I could have saved a *ton* of cash, and ~25,000 miles traveled?
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Nick: Yes, tis true that the best F-Classers are setting the F-Class National records. It's also true that there may well be (in the case of benchrest, certainly are) more precise rifles and riflemen out there. I was simply talking about the class I actually know something about!
smile.gif

</div></div>

But Darrell, think of all the frequent flyer miles you got.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Anyone is more than welcome to come shoot eggs with us, we have nothing to hide. I have been completely honest with everything I have said aside from screwing up on the 500yd x ring size (I didn't know it was 1/2moa it looks smaller).

We shoot eggs in a dirt birm at 500yds now, if you don't hit the egg directly it gets showered with dirt but doesn't break. Or if you hit below it sometimes it will roll down but its easier to tell hit from miss in the dirt. That video was I think the first one we made. Our gear and shooting areas have changed.

My buddies and I love shooting, we don't take ourselves that seriously. Relax guys. If you want to come shoot with us you are welcome to, otherwise its just a lot of pointless back and forth.

My phone number in case you decide to take me up on it is 425-345-0078.

Here are two targets. They were shot in the sticks in Yakima. 20 shots back to back. The smallest 10shot group was the first group.
These were shot with Luke's .243, it is the most precise rifle i have ever shot. The calipers didnt work the way i wanted. I had to hold them and the camera to get good enough light, but you get the idea. 14 eggs in a row is Luke's record, nobody has beaten it yet.

243-2.jpg

243-3.jpg

243-4.jpg

243.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MuleHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Anyone is more than welcome to come shoot eggs with us, we have nothing to hide. I have been completely honest with everything I have said aside from screwing up on the 500yd x ring size (I didn't know it was 1/2moa it looks smaller).

We shoot eggs in a dirt birm at 500yds now, if you don't hit the egg directly it gets showered with dirt but doesn't break. Or if you hit below it sometimes it will roll down but its easier to tell hit from miss in the dirt. That video was I think the first one we made. Our gear and shooting areas have changed.

My buddies and I love shooting, we don't take ourselves that seriously. Relax guys. If you want to come shoot with us you are welcome to, otherwise its just a lot of pointless back and forth.

Here are two targets. They were shot in the sticks in Yakima. 20 shots back to back. The smallest 10shot group was the first group.
These were shot with Luke's .243, it is the most precise rifle i have ever shot. The calipers didnt work the way i wanted. I had to hold them and the camera to get good enough light, but you get the idea. 14 eggs in a row is Luke's record, nobody has beaten it yet.

243-2.jpg

243-3.jpg

243-4.jpg

243.jpg

</div></div>
Sweet groups! I have a good friend in Seatle that I need to see, so maybe this spring when tha pass is better for travel we can shoot some eggs. Good shooting, if the plates were eggs they would be hits. I have found a new likeness to the idea of shooting eggs hanging from string, it always a hit when it explodes and nothing to cause a bounce up a debries but like I said good shooting!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MuleHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

243-2.jpg

243-3.jpg

243-4.jpg

243.jpg

</div></div>
Sweet groups! I have a good friend in Seatle that I need to see, so maybe this spring when tha pass is better for travel we can shoot some eggs. Good shooting, if the plates were eggs they would be hits. I have found a new likeness to the idea of shooting eggs hanging from string, it always a hit when it explodes and nothing to cause a bounce up a debries but like I said good shooting! </div></div>

that would be fun, we dont really have a good spot to hang eggs,
but most of the time when you are spotting, you can tell if it is a good hit by the trace, or vapor trail, what ever you call it,
and the way the egg explodes. shooting into a dirt bank also makes it easier to make corrections, and put up enough eggs to last a while.
maybe we will see you around.

We hold a semi-regular monthly 600yd practice - shot NRA style, but fairly informal. On occasion I've taken some hard-boiled eggs (because knowing my luck one would break on me during handling...) and hot-glued a string to it and rigged it so it hung down in front of the middle of the X-ring on a MR-1FC. That X-ring starts looking awful big with an egg in the middle of it
wink.gif

I think I killed one with the first shot from my .308 last year - pure unadulterated luck, no doubt. But it was sure entertaining watching a couple other guys with a 6.5x47L and a .338LM trying to hit one after seeing that - somehow they thought it must be 'easy'
wink.gif
What I didn't tell them is I probably couldn't do that again (1st shot center-punch an egg @ 600yds on that particular range) on a bet
laugh.gif

I do believe I'll have to revive that little tradition for our winter shoots...

Sweet groups! I have a good friend in Seatle that I need to see, so maybe this spring when tha pass is better for travel we can shoot some eggs. Good shooting, if the plates were eggs they would be hits. I have found a new likeness to the idea of shooting eggs hanging from string, it always a hit when it explodes and nothing to cause a bounce up a debries but like I said good shooting! </div></div>

For sure. I am ordering up a DTA SRS Monday morning. I'm going to chamber it in either 6.5wsm or 6.5x284. I should have it and my USO by feb. If you haven't got a chance to shoot a DTA that would be a good time. There is snow at our high elevation spot right now but the spring would be perfect.

Monte, luke and I need to get out there for another fclass match. We'll have to try the cold bore egg thing.

I find it easier to focus on an egg to. Maybe its the black cross hair against the white egg.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a guy tell me he caught a leprecan who had a golden counter sniper scope on a airsoft gun and he could flip it to auto and have all shots in the same hole at 1 mile </div></div>

Hilarious... great visual....

You guys don't think it can happen, I took a stock 22LR and shot the primers out of empty 12g shell's with a 100% hit rate haha.

Golf ball's are better than egg's for target's you can take the ball home take a marker write on it where when and how far. I've got 246 ball's @ 500yds 320rds . 6 ball's @ 1k 30rds and thats no bull about having ball's.