• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Paint Job on my Yote Rifle, before during after.

Musket_0

Private
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2009
Frozen Northeren Michigan
Before
background1.jpg

During
YoteGun2ndcoat.jpg

After
YoteGun1.jpg

Re: Paint Job on my Yote Rifle, before during after.

Looks good. What cal?

.223/5.56 Douglass barrel on a bushmaster xm15 e2s lower.
Krylon covering start to finish. Krylon's Matte finish really does turn out nice.

Musket,
I agree, it sure turned out nice on your rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RustyT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Turned out really nice, how did you get the striping effect? </div></div>

Have not mowed the lawn for 2 weeks. All this rain gave me some nice grass to bundle up to spray through. Had enough grass to have a fresh hand full for each spray. Worked out nice. Then the wife made me mow before the pics.

Cool looking rifle. Nice job with the Krylon.

Wow, that looks great. Are you worried about it rubbing off or are you protecting it at all?

he can just re-krylon it. plus brake cleaner will take it off and the rifle should be ok and back in black in a heartbeat. looks good

I put 3 coats of krylon Matte clear coat on it. Hard as a rock. Thought I ruined the paint job when I propped it in a corner and the kid knocked it over. Not a scratch only 2 hours after the final coat.