• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Photos Painted SN-3

Re: Painted SN-3

Nice...
But what if it snows? Do you carry a can of white spray paint?
Or if you go after the zombies at night? Black paint maybe?
These little car touch-up cans would fit in the handy-dandy sachet you've attached to the stock
smile.gif

P.S. just pokin' fun. Nice setup!

Lonewolf,
I keep drooling over the AICS stock every time I see one.
The stock on my rem700 r5 works well, and hasn't had any problem, and every time I see your rifle, I tell myself, if its good enough for pros like you, should be good enough for a noobie like me.

But still, the "wants" always knocks over the "needs" in my head.... Any advises?

Thank you,

Dyl..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Target In Sight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lonewolf,
The stock on my rem700 r5 works well, and hasn't had any problem, and every time I see your rifle, I tell myself, if its good enough for pros like you, should be good enough for a noobie like me.

But still, the "wants" always knocks over the "needs" in my head.... Any advises?

Thank you,

Dyl.. </div></div>

yeah shoot the piss out of to wear you are better than the gun, then upgrade, but its so much more fun to spend the money, i agree and know this all to well. This place has cost me so much money

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Target In Sight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lonewolf,

Thank you,

Dyl.. </div></div>

I believe he's running a B&C Light Tactical on his Remmy. You can get them for under $250 when they're in stock. It's got an aluminum bedding block and is very ergonomic. Mine does me quite well.

The rifle started life as a SPS-V .308 with a 26" barrel. It's still a factory action and 26" barrel. The stock is the B&C Light Tactical with an Eagle Stock Pack. The trigger is a 70's vintage factory trigger. A Harris BRM-S rides on the front. The USO SN-3 is mounted in Seekins Low rings on a Seekins 20MOA base. The sling is a TAB.

The rifle works extremely well for what I do. I keep agonizing over cutting the barrel back, but it shoots so well right now. The 26" barrel really wasn't too much of a hindrance while in the field. I guess I just got used to that long a stick awhile ago.

The AICS is great for what it is. I have considered getting a 2.0 because a 18" barrel combined with the folding stock would make a great compact urban system. I just can't get myself to like the feel of them.

Thank you guys for the words of wisdom, I just used the fund for AICS to get some more ammo since the terminator passed the new stupid bill in Cali. I think its a wise move at this time, more ammo to practice gets me farther than the stock.

Im with you Deadly, one of these days.....should still bite the lips and get an AICS 2.0

Yall have a great evening,

Dyl..

ive never been so tempted to call USO and bother them about delivery times on mine until right now...

I, too, started with a 700 SPS-V in 308, I just cut the barrel to 22" since I don't compete with it....yet, but I will use it for putting meat in the freezer, again. I used it last year pre-B&C with success, but the extra 4" of barrel was annoying to me. (By the way, Speer 165gr SPBTs in the same load as 168 SMKs, 42.2 of 4064, fly within a moa to 300 for me) I did lots of reading, research and talking to some friends with beaucoup time using these style rifles in the employ of Uncle Sam and settled on 22". I actually cut it to 24" first and didn't notice enough difference, so I went to 22" and don't think going all the way to 20" is worth it to me.

Now, if I can scrape the funds together, a USO SN-3 and a DBM setup is on my To-Do list for next year.

Having looked thru pre-Mk4 M1A Ultra's, Mk4 LR/Ts, Unertl Targets, a Unertl USMC, and a few cheaper scopes including my current Millett TRS-1, I am hoping (and pretty convinced already) that you are correct.