• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Painting my DTA SRS

Linkpimp

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2010
So-Cal / OC Area
Hey team,
I just thought I would share the latest project with you all, as always comments are always welcome.

I’m painting / DuraCoating my new DTA SRS rifle..

IMG_7015.jpg

IMG_7040.jpg

The process:

IMG_7024.jpg

IMG_7034.jpg

IMG_7036.jpg

IMG_7048.jpg

IMG_7053.jpg

Re: Painting my DTA SRS

Before:

IMG_6897.jpg

After:

IMG_7061.jpg

Before:

IMG_6896.jpg

After:

IMG_7064.jpg

Before:

IMG_6900.jpg

After:

IMG_7066.jpg

Please note: This is just my base coat, I still have a few other colors and some stuff to add to it, but it does look pretty cool the way it is now too..

Anyway thank you for your time team, I’ll post up pics of the complete rifle in a week or so..

Its a slow process but I have seen some of them done that turned out awesome, almost 3-D looking camo. Good luck. Looks good so far. Nice rifle also by the way.

Keep the pics coming. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

You have more balls than I do painting an SRS.

Keep up the good work!

Since its not done yet... I'll say for now, I liked it just fine in the before stage.

Make sure that you are in a well ventilated area or wearing a breather mask while duracoating. That stuff is extremely hazardous to your lungs/liver. Ask me how I know
frown.gif

I admire your confidence with painting your scope also. I'm still toying with painting my LTR but haven't made the leap yet. Keep us posted with photos of the coloring stages.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: phish</div><div class="ubbcode-body">um, just wow, 3 different forums?

</div></div>

Dude is just extremely proud of his purchase I guess, lol.

Hey team,
Here’s a quick update on the project.. I’ve failed twice.. but I’m IMO nailing the third one.. All three attempts have been something different ie not your tyipical camo.. I’ll post up the completed rifle pic in a week or soo..

Just for reference..
Before / New:

IMG_6897.jpg

First try.. (Failed!)…..Hahahahaaa

First let me say, I’m not doing a traditional camo pattern, everyone has one, I’m going to be doing something a little different. With said different comes with many failures before true success is achieved.. Here is one / a few of my many failures.. Hhahahahahaaa.. I’m combing a GAP with a snakeskin in a dessert colors:

IMG_7074.jpg

Changed it from green to black

IMG_7075.jpg

IMG_7079.jpg

IMG_7081.jpg

IMG_7082.jpg

OOooooooo.. Did I mention that a GREAT thing about Duracoat is it all washes off…

That’s right!.. just incase you didn’t know that little fact, you actually have 45 minutes after its painted to decide if your going to keep it.. If you decide you don't like it then you simply soak a rag in the reducer and wipe it off the gun.. But if you wait longer than 45 minuets your SOL.. Hence the scope.. Hahahahahaa… I’ll need prep it unlike the rifle for round II..

IMG_7084.jpg

Second attempt (Fail) I love trying new things.. Hahahaa.. I don't even know what you would call this, but hey it’s different and looked good on the story board.. Haha…

IMG_7115.jpg

IMG_7103.jpg

IMG_7105.jpg

Third time is a charm!... I feel good about this one..

IMG_7122.jpg

IMG_7123.jpg

IMG_7146.jpg

Only three more colors and a few patterns left.. If I don't screw this one up it should look IMO bitchen.. I’ll post up pics of the completed rifle in a few..

Thanks for your time team and have a great one

Link.

you did a very good job so far......but this thread is still painfull to watch....hell, the day i painted my PAI i almost threw up!!!

i dont know if it was the fact that i was covering up the fine work, or the fact that i was painting such a pricey damn rifle
grin.gif

bench

Hey Bench.. You know what they say!... You cant make a omelet without breaking some eggs.. Hahahahaa…

I’ve done so much painting lately it’s just another thing to have fun with and I don't ever think about the price.. I would just shit myself at that point.. OMG WTF am I doing.. hahahaaa.. No we just don't go there..

Have a great one Sir.. and please check back in a week or so for the completed rifle.. All of the painful pics are complete at this point.. lets hope at least..

Link..

its funny...i have never had a problem taking a grinder, or painting $100,000 cars....or painting my motorcycles....but when it comes to rifles....i gotta amp myself up for it
grin.gif

bench

You have a great attitude and it looks good so far! Can't wait to see when its done! Strong work!

I understand the "painful to watch" comment above.......but admire your balls for getting started without seeming to know what the end result is intended to be.

Hope it works out!

Nice rifle anyway!

wow you are persistent to get the right look. Look forward to the final result.
img]
the snakeskin was close to my TRG from wildog

lypbqy.jpg

ssia6s.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I understand the "painful to watch" comment above.......but admire your balls for getting started without seeming to know what the end result is intended to be.

Hope it works out!

Nice rifle anyway! </div></div>

Hey thanks Sir.. I kind of paint all my stuff like this, its always an exciting process for me and I'm usually very happy with the end results..

Speaking of the end results, I very, very happy with it.. What you do think.. I call it Zombie Camo..
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">here is the DSR-1 in desert as a reference

1602200.jpg
</div></div>

WOW.. OMG...

Do you need an apprentice?? MAN.. I mean you are the MAN... Thanks, thanks so much for sharing, I’ve saved those pics on my hard drive.. I'll be doing that pattern again one day on something and this time I'll use yours as a reference... Thank you.. Thank you soooo much..

Hey team,
Just a quick update for you all.. It’s done… and it look IMO Bitchen… I call it Zombie Camo.. Oooo Yes I went there on my SRS..
greensupergrin.gif

Actually I think I did fine job representing the SRS.. It just took me a while to get here..

IMG_7228.jpg

IMG_7223.jpg

IMG_7222.jpg

IMG_7224.jpg

IMG_7221.jpg

IMG_7226.jpg

So what you think team?
popcorn1.gif
Well… Its different you can give me that..

Have a great one everybody..

Link..

P.S.
I also started on my RFB too.. Hahaha
faint.gif

IMG_7210.jpg

Nice paint job definatly one of a kind. Also, I was wondering if you could tell me what kind of bipod that is and does it swivel?

Thanks