• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Painting SS 10X

Hook Creek

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2010
Catskill Mountains, NY
I just painted my SS 10X for the first time using Krylon, and left the bottoms of the knobs unpainted because it doesnt seem etched but more just painted on. My question is if anyone has painted them before and if they can still see the numbers. I painted the tops of the knobs an can still see the bullet impact direction and everything, even though it didnt seem etched. Just didnt want to take the chance before asking.

Re: Painting SS 10X

Maybe but I feel like it just looks kind of weird. heres a pic.

scope.jpg

Looks really have nothing to do with functionality or shooting tactical rifles. If you're worried about looks, a lot of palma rifles have nice paint jobs.

Its not about functionality of the scope or how it works really. I just wanted to know if anyone has experience painting this particular scope to know if the numbers are visible through the paint.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You need to add another color and break up your lines...JMHO.
wink.gif

I like scary looking rifles though...
</div></div>

Agreed... I just like the way simple things look

If it's really got your OCD kicking that bad, then go ahead and give it a try. Krylon comes off, easily in fact when you don't give it a full cure time.

However.... Most of us want to be able to see the contrasting markings, including in reduced visibility and when making rapid adjustments.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redmanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">However.... Most of us want to be able to see the contrasting markings, including in reduced visibility and when making rapid adjustments. </div></div>

Its funny that you say that cause I was just thinking the same thing. But I went and dabbed a bit of paint on one section to find out that it is etched enough to be visible after paint being applied. Although it wont be enough to see in lower light conditions.

Cronos I say leave it like that but add some darker paint to everything to break up the outline. It looks a little off right now but only because everything else is a light pastel color. You need some other darks in there to break it up and make it flow more. Then it will look good and be 100% functional.