• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Paleo + Excercise Results

Oddball Six

Commander of Meh
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2010
40°25′N, 104°43′W
Eat Paleo. Plus Excersize. Works.

I don't usually share my health information in public, but this is just too good not to encourage others.

I had my physical followed by an ultrasound this morning. My cholesterol number is down 20 points. My triglycerides are down from 400 something to 88. My resting blood pressure over several visits has dropped from 140/85 (borderline hypertension) to 124/73. Last year's uloric acid number diagnosing me with 'gout' is back in the normal range. All of my vitamin levels have returned to normal range. This morning's ultrasound was still not perfect, but shows clear retreat of the fatty infiltration of the liver.

Overweight? Yeah, still am. But one day, my uncle introduced me to the Primal Blueprint. And one day, the key was to stop talking about it and get started.

Re: Paleo + Excercise Results

Starting 342. Current 295. Took around a year, total. My problem is that my discipline wasn't (isn't?) always what it needs to be and I travel half the time for work. I find it harder on the road to keep dietary discipline (but easier to get in my exercise daily).

I've been plateaued at 295 for the last 3 months or so, bouncing up and down within a couple pounds. Still trying to find the right sustainable routine following the birth of my daughter. Stress and lack of sleep aren't helping.

Well if it makes any difference I'm damn proud of you!

I've got a coworker that is about 300, but should obviously be less, I'm going to try and convince him to go Paleo. I have been for a month and while I'm not overweight I thinned a little without even trying.

I'd attribute it more to exercise than the Paleo diet. I had similar results (my last physical was perfect across the board) at my last physical. All I did was clean up the eating a bit, and add regular exercise.

What type of exercise have you been doing?

Paleo is the shit! I've been doing it on an 80/20 ratio and feel great. I workout hard and thought that my workouts would suffer...I'm happy to report that I have plenty of energy and my workouts have been great. My girlfriend is on board (she's a Crossfit beast) and it's very beneficial to the ladies as well. Good luck and keep us posted. I get a physical for work every year and I'm curious to see the results of my blood work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
What type of exercise have you been doing? </div></div>

Try for 40 min walk or elliptical. Add core every day. Strength training varies. I try to rotate through different things and not fall into a pattern to keep it mixed up.

http://ftcy.me/6XnPuf
^^ Tonights workout for example

I usually try to do more cardio but wife wanted to walk tonight and daughter had other ideas
smile.gif

Congratulations to Oddball-Six. Losing weight is not easy and you should be proud of your dedication and hard work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oddball-Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But one day, my uncle introduced me to the Primal Blueprint. And one day, the key was to stop talking about it and get started. </div></div>
Just starting myself too.

Great to hear of your success!

If you are stuck at 295, it is because you are eating too much/not burning enough calories. I'd start tracking your calories to see how much you are eating and adjust as necessary.