• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Palin hunting Video

Re: Palin hunting Video

I take issue with the fact that she is trying to kill an animal with a rifle she has never test fired. We owe more to the animals than that.

However, I am glad that she is standing up and showing the world that we will exercise our rights to hunt and fish.

Umm, she doesn't know how to run a bolt?

Relax boys she has everything under control....she's ready to butt stroke the critter should it get back up....
Well at least thats the closest I could figure was gonna happen the way she was carrying the rifle when she walked up to it. An the form wasnt really close for that either.

We finally have someone who gives a damn about our traditions and way of life and everyone rags her. I don't think she is an awesome person, hunter, or politician, but don't rag the woman for showing that on TV. How about you tell her congrats for having the balls to put that on the TV and keep your criticism for the liberals.

One of these days we will take lessons from the other side and grow a backbone and stand together instead of criticizing our own team.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blklabs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We finally have someone who gives a damn about our traditions and way of life and everyone rags her. I don't think she is an awesome person, hunter, or politician, but don't rag the woman for showing that on TV. How about you tell her congrats for having the balls to put that on the TV and keep your criticism for the liberals.

One of these days we will take lessons from the other side and grow a backbone and stand together instead of criticizing our own team. </div></div>

What the hell are you on about?

The woman is a circus idiot at best.

Who the hell could possibly describe what she was doing as "hunting?"

Someone needs to tell her that her little persona is already taken, she's called "Peggy Hill" and she was a cartoon character. She is the Dunning-Kruger effect personified.

But back to the original topic... She is not helping those of us that are serious about shooting and hunting with this drivel. Let her go fuck with one of those clowns with the water gun and baloon things and come back when she's mastered that.

Hey folks, this was not about the politics, I was just in awe as to the ability (or rather, lack of) of the shooter/hunter. This has nothing to about the:

"We finally have someone who gives a damn about our traditions and way of life and everyone rags her. I don't think she is an awesome person, hunter, or politician, but don't rag the woman for showing that on TV. How about you tell her congrats for having the balls to put that on the TV and keep your criticism for the liberals.

One of these days we will take lessons from the other side and grow a backbone and stand together instead of criticizing our own team,"

but shit, showing stuff like this pushes public image of hunting/shooting the wrong way.

Thanks to sootstorm and Handloader for pointing out that this isn't about politics. I've edited the politically related statements from my post, no place for that here, my fault.

That said I will qualify my remaining seemingly harsh remarks; As has been pointed out already, this is not responsible behavior. A responsible, ethical hunter doesn't familiarize herself with a weapon (or in this case TWO) by firing at game. This is obnoxious, reckless behavior. I don't give a shit about her lack of marksmanship, marksmanship comes after learning to safely handle the weapon, which she demonstrated she cannot do with the dual ops going on with her pops.

Abhorrent.

I think some boys here are just pissed she rides in a helo and shoots wolves with a 12 gauge.

Ps for you lads, her IQ is higher than yours.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think some boys here are just pissed she rides in a helo and shoots wolves with a 12 gauge.

Ps for you lads, her IQ is higher than yours.</div></div>

are you kidding me, she got her Bachelor's degree in communications, ie-if you need to graduate college this is you best chance/last hope.

Soooo... I think the real story is that ballsy fucking Caribuo... There was at least a box of ammo shot at that bastard and he never flinched.

Then again on a second take I think I noticed a chain on his back leg..

Well Goose375, i guess I'm not the absolute worst shot...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think some boys here are just pissed she rides in a helo and shoots wolves with a 12 gauge.

Ps for you lads, her IQ is higher than yours.</div></div> right on right on...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">are you kidding me, she got her Bachelor's degree in communications, ie-if you need to graduate college this is you best chance/last hope. </div></div>
who gives a rats @#$ what she graduated with, i know lots of successful people who have an IQ higher than... the community organizer who some how found himself in the whitehouse, hats off to the girl for standing up for our 2nd amendment rights, and much more than that. BUT they could of made sure the damn rifle was 0ed befor the hunt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Handloader</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow...just wow,
I do not care about your political views, but the video speaks volumes. The video is about half way down the page.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/sarah-palins-latest-hollywood-feud
</div></div>

reality tv at it's finest.

This is on par with Jersey Shores.

who gives a rats @#$ what she graduated with, i know lots of successful people who have an IQ higher than... the community organizer who some how found himself in the whitehouse, hats off to the girl for standing up for our 2nd amendment rights, and much more than that. BUT they could of made sure the damn rifle was 0ed befor the hunt. [/quote]

It's safe to say that just because someone is standing up for something you believe in doesn't necessarily mean that they're incurring a net positive on your behalf. People stand up for things they believe in all the time and often end up just looking like idiots that noone wants to be associated with.

The same could be said of first amendment supporters and people like Julian Assange. Would you applaud him for standing up for freedom of speach? I'm assuming you believe strongly in the first amendment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheodoreKaragias</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do we get in touch with her so we can tell her about Rifles Only? </div></div>

Now you're talking
laugh.gif

While I don't find her appealing politically I do feel she loves her country and what it stands for. Sure funny how some of you 'males' of superior intelligence would have no issues with posting the same flipping antics of your wife or girlfriend and defend their incompetence with a firearm and hunting till death!! Seen it here numerous times over the yrs! Guess it is easy to critique someone else when 'we' ourselves are all so competent and proficient huh??? Would love to hear some of the excuses for the inability to competently hit the caribou from some of you. Ammo? Airline dropped the rifle? Shitty scope? Rotation of the earth different above the Artic Circle? You was looking at Russia and not concentrating?

Give the woman a break. We as a shooting community are fighting for every able body we can muster to defend our rights and our sport! I am sure 'we'(myself included) would never or have never done what she did. Give her credit for not demanding the vid be edited to show 'political and hunting' correctness!!!! Her 'incompetence' may well bring hundreds of women to the ranges seeing as many of their husbands won't!

I am willing to bet that 90%+ of the shooters on this forum NEVER 100% of the time outshoot their rifle!!!

Now rag on my ass awhile! I am an imperfect big boy!

Respectfully,
Dennis

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SDWhirlwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While I don't find her appealing politically I do feel she loves her country and what it stands for. Sure funny how some of you 'males' of superior intelligence would have no issues with posting the same flipping antics of your wife or girlfriend and defend their incompetence with a firearm and hunting till death!! Seen it here numerous times over the yrs! Guess it is easy to critique someone else when 'we' ourselves are all so competent and proficient huh??? Would love to hear some of the excuses for the inability to competently hit the caribou from some of you. Ammo? Airline dropped the rifle? Shitty scope? Rotation of the earth different above the Artic Circle? You was looking at Russia and not concentrating?

Give the woman a break. We as a shooting community are fighting for every able body we can muster to defend our rights and our sport! I am sure 'we'(myself included) would never or have never done what she did. Give her credit for not demanding the vid be edited to show 'political and hunting' correctness!!!! Her 'incompetence' may well bring hundreds of women to the ranges seeing as many of their husbands won't!

I am willing to bet that 90%+ of the shooters on this forum NEVER 100% of the time outshoot their rifle!!!

Respectfully,
Dennis </div></div>

If someone posts a video of their wife taking several shots repeatedly at a live animal she's obviously in no shape to actually hit(it's maybe 200 yards away bullets should all be landing near the lung region) I will be the first to call both them and their wife a retard for not exhibiting plain old fashioned common sense.

If we were to magnify the situation by putting it on some bullshit reality TV show making them look like an idiot in front of the entire country for the love of money that goes doubly so.

There's nothing wrong with calling a duck a duck when it's quacking into your face.

I'm certain she loves her country to. How that helps her case in this situation I don't understand though loving your country isn't just some excuse for incompetence. I mean, she's trying to convince people that this is a big part of her life, and that it's something she grew up with, and yet she's got someone else cycling the bolt action for her?

Seems pretty suspicious to me. She's either incompetent, or putting up a facade you pick.

Granted, I'm assuming that rifle was zero'd and they didn't have the scope dialed all way off or something. Who knows though it's reality TV. For all we know some other guy off camera actually shot the thing and she was just flickin mud up in some off direction to make a good reel.

If I remember correctly the rifle scope was off and she dropped it first shot with the other guys rifle. They showed it was off and the owner of the rilf could not hit a paper plate at 100y with it.

I watched the whole show when it was on the other day, the Queen(GF), was watching it, so I tuned in..

Anyways, the Father fell with the rifle down a little hill in the episode. I'm not making an excuse for her, but when the father fell, he could've knocked the scope off.. They way it showed the father falling, it looked like he landed right on the rifle.. So that can be a reason why it was off..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Moose72</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I watched the whole show when it was on the other day, the Queen(GF), was watching it, so I tuned in..

Anyways, the Father fell with the rifle down a little hill in the episode. I'm not making an excuse for her, but when the father fell, he could've knocked the scope off.. They way it showed the father falling, it looked like he landed right on the rifle.. So that can be a reason why it was off..

</div></div>

Yeah that makes sense, and it forgives the failed marksmanship that could happen to anyone, and I figure most people would take a few shots before recognizing the issue. Her firearm handling skills just point towards a bit of inconsistency with her diatribes though which is somewhat unsettling, but to be expected of someone in her position. As far as the reality TV show is concerned I'll wait to tune in once they start doing crossover episodes with Jersey Shores.

If she were just another homemaker on a pass from her wifely duties I'd applaud her just for getting out.

Her position puts her in a differnt category, and one that she is very ill prepared to be in, yet conservatives are for the majority us gung ho male types and her even having a name anyone recognized proves that the penis does the picking.

She's a blithering idiot on a free ride (and that is with regard to her "hunting" skills).

Todd needs to break out the pimp hand up there in Wasilla.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SDWhirlwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While I don't find her appealing politically I do feel she loves her country and what it stands for. Sure funny how some of you 'males' of superior intelligence would have no issues with posting the same flipping antics of your wife or girlfriend and defend their incompetence with a firearm and hunting till death!! Seen it here numerous times over the yrs! Guess it is easy to critique someone else when 'we' ourselves are all so competent and proficient huh??? Would love to hear some of the excuses for the inability to competently hit the caribou from some of you. Ammo? Airline dropped the rifle? Shitty scope? Rotation of the earth different above the Artic Circle? You was looking at Russia and not concentrating?

Respectfully,
Dennis </div></div>

If someone posts a video of their wife taking several shots repeatedly at a live animal she's obviously in no shape to actually hit(it's maybe 200 yards away bullets should all be landing near the lung region) I will be the first to call both them and their wife a retard for not exhibiting plain old fashioned common sense.

If we were to magnify the situation by putting it on some bullshit reality TV show making them look like an idiot in front of the entire country for the love of money that goes doubly so.

There's nothing wrong with calling a duck a duck when it's quacking into your face.

I'm certain she loves her country to. How that helps her case in this situation I don't understand though loving your country isn't just some excuse for incompetence. I mean, she's trying to convince people that this is a big part of her life, and that it's something she grew up with, and yet she's got someone else cycling the bolt action for her?

Seems pretty suspicious to me. She's either incompetent, or putting up a facade you pick. </div></div>

You have valid points which I can't argue with! Everyone should be proficient with their rifle for the sake of humane kills. With that being said over 40yrs of watching local, out of area and out of state hunters shoot deer, antelope and prairie dogs I can't count the number of 'proficient MALE' hunters from teenagers to 60+yr old I have witnessed empty a rifle and not hit anywhere close to suppodedly POA more less the critter itself!!!! Look at some of the pics guys here post of their wives/girlfriends shooting, post the same critiques on those pics as you are about this issue!!! Shouldn't be a difference if we are discussing form, correct and experienced firearms handling etc should there????

I have 100,000+ rds behind me and have scared many a coyote. They ran until they stroked out while I stood there in 'disbelief' with an empty rifle that WAS capable of hitting POA!!
smile.gif
Shit happens but that don't justify the name calling and ego's 'we' males have demonstated here! She is just human and to her credit didn't make a bunch of horseshit excuses like many MEN I have met, shot with or read about on this forum!!!

Just pisses me off at the 'perfection' that supposedly exists with many of the SH members who have no issues with condemning others because of sex, background, etc. Yes, she is probably doing most of it for the money and publicity, how does that make her different than other celebrities? Guess she needs implants? No morales? Screw 59 different guys??? She needs the morales of an NBA player? I'll bet everything I own she thinks more of her consitution, country and state then Hollyweird celebs do!!!

Now I am done with MY opinion!!!

Respectfully,
Dennis

My wife isn't on national television talkin about being a "mama grizzle", shootin dang dong deers, and overall being a "wilderness" person.

plus she cycles her own bolt

My initial reaction was similar to those who had a negative view on Palin's "skills". I'm not a Palin fan, from a political point of view (only because I think she's not the best person to represent the conservative point of view) but I actually respect her for this video clip.

She sucks as a hunter. She may not even know how to properly handle a rifle. BUT, I've seen a lot of politicians pander to certain groups (and being from California, and the San Francisco area to be specific, you can only imagine what this stuff consists of). I'm talking about stuff like some old white guy trying to play pickup basketball in Oakland or a Senator singing along with a bunch of gay parents. I'm really happy to see a politician pretend to be a hunter rather than pretend to be a basketball player or a gay whale inseminator.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Long_Action</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6urw_PWHYk </div></div>

Dinosaurs LOL! Someone with far better video editing skills than me needs to replace that caribou with a triceratops. Whoever does that wins internets for the day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The same could be said of first amendment supporters and people like Julian Assange. Would you applaud him for standing up for freedom of speach? I'm assuming you believe strongly in the first amendment. </div></div>
hmmm... a woman trying to shoot an animal with a rifle thats off 0 (she doesn't know is off 0), who agrees with our rights and hunting privileges and loves our country..., compared to wikileaks releasing classified docs, with means of trying to destroy our country... i am all for the 1st amend, but assange releasing classified leaks... i don't call that freedom of SPEECH..., call it what you will.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SDWhirlwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SDWhirlwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While I don't find her appealing politically I do feel she loves her country and what it stands for. Sure funny how some of you 'males' of superior intelligence would have no issues with posting the same flipping antics of your wife or girlfriend and defend their incompetence with a firearm and hunting till death!! Seen it here numerous times over the yrs! Guess it is easy to critique someone else when 'we' ourselves are all so competent and proficient huh??? Would love to hear some of the excuses for the inability to competently hit the caribou from some of you. Ammo? Airline dropped the rifle? Shitty scope? Rotation of the earth different above the Artic Circle? You was looking at Russia and not concentrating?

Respectfully,
Dennis </div></div>

Seems pretty suspicious to me. She's either incompetent, or putting up a facade you pick. </div></div>

You have valid points which I can't argue with! Everyone should be proficient with their rifle for the sake of humane kills. With that being said over 40yrs of watching local, out of area and out of state hunters shoot deer, antelope and prairie dogs I can't count the number of 'proficient MALE' hunters from teenagers to 60+yr old I have witnessed empty a rifle and not hit anywhere close to suppodedly POA more less the critter itself!!!! Look at some of the pics guys here post of their wives/girlfriends shooting, post the same critiques on those pics as you are about this issue!!! Shouldn't be a difference if we are discussing form, correct and experienced firearms handling etc should there????

I have 100,000+ rds behind me and have scared many a coyote. They ran until they stroked out while I stood there in 'disbelief' with an empty rifle that WAS capable of hitting POA!!
smile.gif
Shit happens but that don't justify the name calling and ego's 'we' males have demonstated here! She is just human and to her credit didn't make a bunch of horseshit excuses like many MEN I have met, shot with or read about on this forum!!!

Just pisses me off at the 'perfection' that supposedly exists with many of the SH members who have no issues with condemning others because of sex, background, etc. Yes, she is probably doing most of it for the money and publicity, how does that make her different than other celebrities? Guess she needs implants? No morales? Screw 59 different guys??? She needs the morales of an NBA player? I'll bet everything I own she thinks more of her consitution, country and state then Hollyweird celebs do!!!

Respectfully,
Dennis </div></div>
Dennis damn fine opinion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The same could be said of first amendment supporters and people like Julian Assange. Would you applaud him for standing up for freedom of speach? I'm assuming you believe strongly in the first amendment. </div></div>
hmmm... a woman trying to shoot an animal with a rifle thats off 0 (she doesn't know is off 0), who agrees with our rights and hunting privileges and loves our country..., compared to wikileaks releasing classified docs, with means of trying to destroy our country... i am all for the 1st amend, but assange releasing classified leaks... i don't call that freedom of SPEECH..., call it what you will.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SDWhirlwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SDWhirlwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While I don't find her appealing politically I do feel she loves her country and what it stands for. Sure funny how some of you 'males' of superior intelligence would have no issues with posting the same flipping antics of your wife or girlfriend and defend their incompetence with a firearm and hunting till death!! Seen it here numerous times over the yrs! Guess it is easy to critique someone else when 'we' ourselves are all so competent and proficient huh??? Would love to hear some of the excuses for the inability to competently hit the caribou from some of you. Ammo? Airline dropped the rifle? Shitty scope? Rotation of the earth different above the Artic Circle? You was looking at Russia and not concentrating?

Respectfully,
Dennis </div></div>

smile.gif

Respectfully,
Dennis </div></div>
Dennis damn fine opinion. </div></div>

My point was that just because someone champions a cause you believe in doesn't necessarily mean they're going to benefit that cause. You may think it's a benefit, but really you're just happy someone is cheerleading your cause you're a choir member.

I wasn't comparing the two actions I figured that would be pretty clear.

I'm willing to gamble I've personally convinced more anti gun liberals in the last two years that owning firearms was a safe fun hobby that all Americans should be able to enjoy than Palin will in her entire life, and I'm not even making millions of dollars embarassing myself on national television!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Remsen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My initial reaction was similar to those who had a negative view on Palin's "skills". I'm not a Palin fan, from a political point of view (only because I think she's not the best person to represent the conservative point of view) but I actually respect her for this video clip.

She sucks as a hunter. She may not even know how to properly handle a rifle. BUT, I've seen a lot of politicians pander to certain groups (and being from California, and the San Francisco area to be specific, you can only imagine what this stuff consists of). I'm talking about stuff like some old white guy trying to play pickup basketball in Oakland or a Senator singing along with a bunch of gay parents. I'm really happy to see a politician pretend to be a hunter rather than pretend to be a basketball player or a gay whale inseminator. </div></div>

I can appreciate your opinion. I suppose in the end what actually frustrates me is that it does boil down to pandering. I don't trust it in the slightest. I think it's just an emotional tool used to trick people to garner their support. I'd dare say 2 years ago we were all readily making fun of people for falling for this type of garbage from a different tone of trumpet. Blech politics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm willing to gamble I've personally convinced more anti gun liberals in the last two years that owning firearms was a safe fun hobby that all Americans should be able to enjoy than Palin will in her entire life, and I'm not even making millions of dollars embarassing myself on national television! </div></div>
good deal, i'm glad to hear this, i try and convince people the same about capitalism, we get more people bashing our own when we need to do what you do, and inform people.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm willing to gamble I've personally convinced more anti gun liberals in the last two years that owning firearms was a safe fun hobby that all Americans should be able to enjoy than Palin will in her entire life, and I'm not even making millions of dollars embarassing myself on national television! </div></div>
good deal, i'm glad to hear this, i try and convince people the same about capitalism, we get more people bashing our own when we need to do what you do, and inform people. </div></div>

Education is the key to all of our problems. Illuminate the ignorant and all these problems we have will work themselves out naturally. Idealistic I know, but a necessary attitude I think for all gun owners/firearms/2nd amendment enthusiasts.

Take them shooting, and watch their misconceptions slowly fade away
laugh.gif

lol this reminds me over every persons first time killing something, so excited they cant make an easy shot! I like it, what more can you expect from a girl?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: villhelm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol this reminds me over every persons first time killing something, so excited they cant make an easy shot! I like it, what more can you expect from a girl? </div></div>

Surely, although for someone who's been garnering support for years now claiming to be a lifelong hunter it's a bit surprising that she's just now going on her first hunt televised and has no idea how to run a bolt action rifle. She's constantly proclaiming at speeches and in her books how big a part of her life hunting is, and it's obviously a mockery. I imagine that bothering people of integrity even though we know they're all liars.

Some of you have never hunted, especially with others. Don't get me wrong, but hunting and precision shooting are WAY different areas.

Quite common in the real world.

For those of you who do not know, most who hunt do not shoot more than 5 round per year out of the hunting rifle.

Say what you will, but this is true. I would have thought that they would have edited some of that out. I am not saying I agree with the methods.

I gotta give her some credit, who's got the balls to air that?

I proudly profess to be a Palin supporter. Call me a lemming or what ever you like. I am actively into politics and believe the only "baggage" she carries is she is polarizing. To me that means she tells it like it is and doesn't mince words or lie.

If she runs I will help her in my area as best as I can. If she losses the primary I will support whoever wins and pray that will be a pro 2nd amendment candidate.

Palin has switched people over just because of her gender and I believe she is genuine. I truly believe she is not "in it" for the money. Anyone think that being a politician makes you wealthy is crazy compared to the money that person could make in the private sector. How many millions does one make with a few best selling books.

I honestly was really surprised to read through all the posts of how much they hate Palin. I figured on a firearms forum you would get some "I don't really like her" and some of the "xxx is so much more pro hunting, pro 2nd amendment" but geeze this make me think we are in for a lot of turn in that evil black gun at your local Sheriffs dept. in 2012.

Flame all you want I have Nomex undies and they are pink pokadots.

I've got a video of her disarming two Russian tank commanders without using a gun.
whistle.gif