• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Panhandle Shooters Challenge RESULTS/PHOTOS POSTED

S.Kay

KM PRT
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2003
Finger, TN
Beginning in early 2012 K & M Precision Rifle Training will begin hosting 1 day Precision Rifle Matches. Designated as the “Panhandle Shooter’s Challenge” these are much smaller in scope than the “K & M Precision Rifle Competition”. This match is intended for regional or more local shooters who want a top quality event, great facilities, and excellent competition all within one day. We anticipate running the “Panhandle Shooter's Challenge” 3-4 times a year.

These matches will be a high tempo event with minimal “down time”. The course of fire will test and train disciplines from across law enforcement, military and practical marksman spectrums. Competitors can expect engagements from 50-1000yds at an assortment of steel, reactive, paper and automated moving targets. Targets size will vary in difficulty based on the shooters position, distance and time allotted. Most stages will include “stressors”, either time and/or movement. The competition will require 100 rounds to complete the course of fire and is caliber restricted to 300 WinMag and below.

Registration will be done by first come first serve basis; these matches will be limited to 40 competitors. Once the match date is announced send an email to [email protected] with the subject “Panhandle Shooter’s Challenge Registration” and your full name and contact information. You will receive a confirmation email shortly thereafter. A match fee of $75.00 will be due the morning of the match.

MATCH DATES:

Link for results - http://kmprecisionrifletraining.com/?page_id=230

See our website for more information about us, our training and facilities. Stay tuned to this thread, it is likely we will announce a K & M training facility "open house" the Friday before the first match so shooters can do a meet and greet, followed by full use of our facilities. This is a match worth traveling for! No more complaining about not having places to shoot out to 1k in the South East!

kmprecisionrifletraining.com

Re: Panhandle Shooter's Challenge - 28 January, 2012

We have received quite a few emails and the response has been very positive. In just a few days we already have 15 guys signed up. Part of the reason we wanted to put these on is to bring our community together in our region. We know there are great shooters, a desire to become more organized, but a lack of venue. We hope we can support some growth and camaraderie just by bringing everyone together.

So I want to encourage the guys that have signed up to participate in this thread and assist those that are thinking of shooting but maybe feel they are not ready for a match or have never done one. These matches will test the best of shooters but are very inclusive to the beginning competitor as well.

To the guys that are signed up or are thinking of signing up, would an open range day the day prior to match be of interest to anyone? It would allow guys to confirm zeros, gather data, shoot a mover etc. For many that would mean an overnight stay. The match would be well worth it, but we also wanted to keep it convenient.

Feel free to ask questions or offer suggestions as we progress.

Again thanks for the interest, emails and feedback!

Shannon

Shannon, i am signed up (with the alabama contingent for your first match) an open range day would be great, good chance to get squared away before the first match, let us know and thanks for hosting these matches!

I'd love to sign up for the May match, but it's simply too far ou to know whether I'll be able to attend that day or not...

Thanks to you and Bryan for putting these things on Shannon. Looking forward to the January match and supporting you folks any way possible.

David

Knowing these guys this event is going to be a lot of fun!!!

Shannon and pimp, really glad you guys are stepping up and putting this on. I'm definitely going to shoot your big match, and hope to make 1 or 2 of the smaller matches.

E-mail sent, looking forward to shooting with everyone in January. Thanks K&M Precision Rifle Training for putting this on.
Don Dunlap

S Kay
May is a possibility for me is it indivdual or team event? Happy to shoot either way. Glad to see more matches popping Up!!!

Semper Fi

The May match is an individual shoot. We would love to have you attend. Shannon has put some quality time in preparing these matches and based on what I know, you won't be disappointed. Let me know if you need any other information and I'll do my best to help.

Thanks,
Bryan

Guys, If I was going to be in town I would be there without a doubt. For those going or thinking of going, the facility is excellent.

You won't be disappointed one bit!!

Bryan and Shannon are working very hard, and we are privileged to have a venue like this in the upper Gulf Coast Region!!!

Is there any lodging close by? Is there lodging at the facility?

A small update -

We will have an open range day on the 27th. The cost will be $20 per shooter and the range will open from noon until dark. Please post if you are interested and/or plan on coming so we can prepare and have an idea how many will attend. More information will follow the week of the match. We currently are rapidly expanding our Range Complex and are not sure which range or ranges we will use for the match or open range day yet.

Camping and lodging will be available for $25 for a night. This will include full access to the pavilion kitchen, showers and restrooms. See website “facility page” for more information.

If you are not camping and are interested in lodging, we have an empty upstairs loft with little headspace, but it is new, clean and has full HVAC. You will need to provide anything you require to sleep (cot, sleeping bag, etc), there is no furniture in the loft. We will have room for 6-8 shooters.

Below are a few good hotels in Crestview FL – they are 30 minutes away from the range (approx 25-30 miles). There is plenty of fast food, restaurants and shopping near the hotels. Please stock up in town, there are not many services near the facility.

Country Inn & Suites Crestview
235 Rasberry Road, Crestview, FL
(850) 306-2020

Econo Lodge
3101 South Ferdon Boulevard, Crestview, FL
(850) 682-6255

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview
125 Cracker Barrel Road, Crestview, FL
(850) 398-8100

Hampton Inn
3709 South Ferdon Boulevard, Crestview, FL
(850) 689-2378

Jameson Inn
151 Cracker Barrel Road, Crestview, FL
(850) 683-1778

Let us know if you have any questions.

Shannon

I'll be out Friday for open range and will probably need a place to crash.

I'm planning to come for the open range day on 12/27.

D.Tapp

i will try to make it if S&B gets their scope sorted out and returned in time

Shannon,

Just to confirm, is "the 27th" December or January?

Thanks!

Shannon,

Dgd6mm and I will be there on the 27th for the open range day.

Regards

Mark

Sorry for the delay guys. The new facility and real work is taking up a lot of time and I'm not online much. The open range day is the day before the match on Jan 27th.

A few of the AL guys shot at the new place the other day. They can probably describe it better than I, but the facility is coming along very well. We think many will be taken aback once they see it. It is going to be something special for our community and the SE.

We are very excited for the 28th where we can open our doors and hear shooter feedback. I'll post some construction photos by the EOW.

There are still a few slots open for the match. The COF is complete and will be on par with some of the best 2 day matches across the county.

Shannon and Bryan, thanks for making this happen. Looking forward to the up-coming match in Jan.

Jim, thanks for posting the pics. The facility looks awesome.

Regards

Mark

What is the actual address of the facility?

Are there any spots still open?

Yes we still have a few slots open. I got your email BGT. We are looking forward to having you down.

Battle - I'll post the address and directions soon, we're stilling figureing out what facility to met up at.

The photos I promised...pardon the construction dust. Some of these are few weeks old, but the good news is we are on schedule and improving the facility everyday. We are hoping to have the covered pavilion completed by the 28th match. Cant wait to have you all down!
smile.gif

IMG_00222.jpg

View down range from the tower. Left lane is 840 yards, middle is the 600 yard mover and the right is the the known distance range to 940 yards.

IMG_0005.jpg

940 yard range. Next week Big Dog steel will be providing many additions to this lane.
IMG_0008.jpg

Mover lane with misc targets.

IMG_0018.jpg

300 yard range. We seeded this last week and have sod coming for the berms (hard to see in the photo) this week.

IMG_00172.jpg

300 yard elevated shooting berms on each yard line.

IMG_00102.jpg

320 degree pistol/carbine pit.

IMG_00192.jpg

Small utility ranges were constructed throughout the property mainly to support competitions.

IMG_00092.jpg

A slight down range view of a future mini shoothouse, parking area and tower.
IMG_00212.jpg

Trusses and partial construction of the tower which we built on top of our storage containers. This will be decked, painted and covered in the next week or so.

Most of the big ticket items are complete. More obstacles, targets and final polishes are happening daily. Fencing, grass, signage, and then an open house on the 27th. Lots of work…but is funny to think what the future holds. We took forest land three weeks ago and now have what you see here. We are very excited for you all to join us and call K&M home.

Wow Shannon,That looks like a Premier facility!!You guys have obviously put in some serious work into that property.Looking foward to seeing it in the near future!

That place looks top notch. Well thought out.

See you guys there on the 27th.

Regards

Mark

Shooters,

We are going to meet at the new range for both the open range day and match. If you are camping you can link up with us there. Below are directions and updated timeline. The match starts at 8:00, so if you need to zero you might want to get there at 7:00.

Bring some lunch or whatever you need to snack on. The closest resupply is 20 minutes away. There will not be time to leave during the match.

<span style="font-weight: bold">TIMELINE</span>
<span style="text-decoration: underline">27 JAN</span>
12:00pm Range open - meet and greet
5:00pm Range closed

<span style="text-decoration: underline">28 JAN</span>
7:00am Zero range open
8:00am Match brief
8:15am Match starts
5:00pm Match complete -scoring - awards

<span style="font-weight: bold">Directions from the north</span>
Merge onto I-85
Keep left at the fork, follow signs for I-65 S and merge onto I-65 S 78.3 mi
Take exit 93 for US-84 toward Evergreen/&#8203;Monroeville 0.2 mi
Sharp left onto US-84 E 0.7 mi
Slight right toward US-31 S 0.2 mi
Continue straight onto US-31 S 23.5 mi
Turn left onto Mildred St 0.4 mi
Continue onto Forrest Ave 0.9 mi
Turn left onto AL-15 N/&#8203;US-29 N/&#8203;Forrest Ave 8.8 mi
Turn right onto Bradley Rd/&#8203;Co Rd 4 10.6 mi
Turn right onto Beaver Creek Rd/&#8203;Co Rd 11
Turn left onto Charles Booker Rd 1.3 mi
Turn left to stay on Charles Booker Rd 1.3 mi
Turn right onto Mashourn Forks Rd

<span style="font-weight: bold">Directions from the South (I-10)</span>
Exit I-10 on exit 56
Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Crestview and merge onto S Ferdon Blvd 2.6 mi
Turn left onto US-90 W/&#8203;E James Lee Blvd
Continue to follow US-90 W 4.3 mi
Turn right onto FL-4 W 4.6 mi
Continue onto FL-189 N 11.9 mi
Turn left onto Co Rd 180 6.5 mi
Turn left onto Charles Booker Rd
Turn left onto Mashourn Forks Rd

Your facility looks like it will be outstanding! I can't wait to get up there and shoot it. Unfortunately, works will take me out of town on the 28th so I am looking forward to the May match.

Great looking place Shannon. Looking forward to the meet and greet.

I'm not sure if Shannon mentioned this for the 28th match, but since we are having the open house on the 27th and the match is the next day we will open our other range and facilities up for camping. Just bring a tent and what you need to sleep comfortably and you'll be GTG. Since it is a firing range, please no alcohol but I'll have the grill if you'll bring the steak (I like mine medium rare).

Bryan

This is perfect for me. It's a lot easier for me to swing a one day match for an affordable price, not far from home. It's just been too hard for me to make most comps in my current situation with the price/ time commitment.

This is a great idea. Not every match has to be super expensive and have a huge prize table.

I hope you make it JRose...ride your bike down and count it as a training day also

Looks like a fantastic place, can't wait to get down there.

I won't be able to make it in January, Bryan. I have too much going on right then. I promise this will be on my list though. I've been wanting a way to get back in to shooting some comps, and these and HardRock are perfect for me right now until I can get back into more serious stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: S. Kay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Exit I-10 on exit 56
Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Crestview and merge onto S Ferdon Blvd 2.6 mi
Turn left onto Mashourn Forks Rd </div></div>

Is there a physical address I can plug into GPS?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: S. Kay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Exit I-10 on exit 56
Turn left onto Mashourn Forks Rd </div></div>

Is there a physical address I can plug into GPS?</div></div>

Not really, but I have it saved in my GPS. I'll see if there is a physical address. If not, I'll give the GPS coordinates

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not really, but I have it saved in my GPS. I'll see if there is a physical address. If not, I'll give the GPS coordinates </div></div>

Thanx. Even an address of a house or whatever close by would work

I can assure everyone attending that you will be more than pleased with the facility and the course of fire.

Keep in mind that when you arrive you are looking at approximately 3 to 4 weeks of work from scratch, meaning nothing but woods.

If you are not truly amazed at what Bryan and Shannon have done and prepared for you to enjoy, you should not be in this sport.

One of the most amazing accomplishments of two (killer) hard working people I have seen.