• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Panhandle Shooters Challenge RESULTS/PHOTOS POSTED

Re: Panhandle Shooter's Challenge - 28 January, 2012

If using a GPS use the intersection of Charles Booker Rd and Mashourn Forks Rd in Baker, FL to get to the facility. It will come up if your maps a somewhat recent or if using Google maps.

You will travel a mile or so on an improved dirt road, but they are well maintained. We'll have signs up as you get close to assist.

Shannon

Can the wife's Malibu make it down the road or should i take the avlanche?

Sports cars can make it on the wet dirt road. Ask me how I know
smile.gif

Shootone - Save the gas money. The Malibu will have zero issues.

Yes, the round count will be at the 90 to 100 mark.

Weather looks like it will be in low 70 and sunny. We'll be heading up this afternoon so if you guys need something give us a call.

See you guys tomorrow. I should roll in around noon-ish.

Chomping at the bit, getting ready to Rock & Roll. See you all tomarrow.

Just show up Hoff. We will make room. It'll be a little muddy so come prepared.

If anyone has trouble finding the place, call me @ 850-546-0082 once you backtrack, climb a tree, stand on one leg, and hold your phone above your head to get cell signal.

Bryan Morgan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pimp_Skittles</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If anyone has trouble finding the place, call me @ 850-546-0082 once you backtrack, climb a tree, stand on one leg, and hold your phone above your head to get cell signal.
Bryan Morgan </div></div>

Wait a minute...2 days of shooting <span style="font-size: 14pt">and</span> there's no cell service? Almost too good to be true...my phone can't leak noise and humans can't bother me out there. Sounds perfect
cool.gif

Heading out in the mourning. Excited about the shooting venue.

Thanks again Shannon and Bryan, you guys are the man.

Regards

Mark

comming tomorrow after work... may leave in cammies from eglin and change over at the place due to getting off around 11-12am.

didnt get it, test drove it and noticed the transmition seal needed to be replaced and was leaking so i said fix it or the trade is off and he refused to fix it so i didnt trade him.

heading out in 30 min or so... looking forward to this weekend!

This is a first rate facility with two great shooters at the helm. When you come, be prepared to shoot, no standing around just bullets going down range. This is a destination shooting facility!

What a great match guys.

This was only my 3rd tac match and to compare it to my local events is to say it was like making the leap from sprint car racing to Indy. Course of fire was outstanding and the level of competition was simply in a different league.

The facility flat out rocks and aside from the miserably boring drive from Jax it's about as perfect as it gets. For what was intended to be a dry run at an untested facility you guys freakin' nailed it and I plan on being a regular fixture at these events moving forward.

Very nicely done guys. So well done it's going to be difficult to figure out a way to train for this type of event given limited local facilities.

Great meeting everyone and I'll see you at the upcoming 2-day event.

Dave

battleaxe pm me and i will sebd you some drills, cof's, targets, etc to practice and train with. took me a while to figure that out lol, and i still have a ways to go

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Hoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">battleaxe pm me and i will sebd you some drills, cof's, targets, etc to practice and train with. took me a while to figure that out lol, and i still have a ways to go </div></div>

Will do bro. Funny you mentioned earlier you were happy with 6th place...from what I saw whoever who came in last place can likely outshoot over 90% of shooters out there. I was thouroghly impressed with the talent I saw at every level. That was some damn fine shooting.

I could not say it any better then BattleAxe has already stated, one fine shoot Shannon,Bryan, Mike and the rest of your crew. Thank you all for a very memorable weekend. Congratulations to Joe for the excellant display of accurate marksmanship. Before I die I'd like to be half has good as these guys. The competitors at this event are top notch. I'll be back just like the rest. Thanks again and stay safe.

So I just noticed this a couple days ago. I am gonna try to make the one in May. I told my buddy that lives in Ft. Walton about the range and he had no clue about it. Y'all snuck that one right in on us. I just recently got into rifles, and haven't even fired mine yet (have 2 I inherited, but my new one is the first I've built) so i won't be any good, but the challenge looks like a ton of fun! Great pics!

The match was simply amazing!!

Shannon and Bryan are completly proffesional and friendly. The facility was the nicest range that I have ever been to. Down time was minimal and with the amount of shooting constantly going on we had it sounding good back in them woods. The course of fire was extremely challenging and definitly brought out weaknesses in every shooter.

Thank You Shannon, Bryan, and all the helpers for putting on one heck of a match!!

I met several new people and had a great time seeing some old friends.

I do want to give a special thanks to the Morris family. They are some of the finest shooters I have ever met and saying that all three of them are a classact is a huge understatment! Thank you for all the advice and all the praises when ever anyone shot a round well.

The Hoff... I have never seen anyone work a top loader like he did. Amazing!! Great Job!!

I cant explain what a great time I had. I look forward to shooting with all of you in the very near future.

God Bless

Joe Walls

guys-great match, we had lots of fun (even though i shot for sh*+^%#!) looking forward to the match in march...

For everyone that participated in the inaugural Panhandle Shooter's Challenge, I would like to say THANK YOU!

The level of professionalism, safety, and kindness shown during this match by the competitors was greatly appreciated. One of the things that got me shooting long range and doing tactical competitions was the comradery of the competitors and you all did not disappoint. Based on some of the comments I have already heard, I feel we have a few new shooters that we can expect to see again at a few of the matches around the country.

Shannon, you did great on the COF and I know how much time and effort you put into it. Thank you for being someone I enjoy working with, being so organized, and keeping us on task. I just wish you could run a dozer or an excavator as good as you run a match!

I hope everyone had a great time and is looking forward to the next one. Shannon and I are already looking at a few more COF's that will give you a new look and utilize more of the facility.

I'll do my best to give a few of you some better directions next time. Based on the fact that only a couple of you had a hard time finding the facility, it may not be a problem with the directions but may be more of a personal problem
smile.gif

Shannon has the scores and I'll try and get some video and pics up today.

Bryan Morgan

expectations were high but easily exceeded. great match, great facility! WX was cool in the morning but very nice and sunny in the afternoon, which with the freshly-bulldozed sand made for some killer mirage. Winds were not bad; i think the highest I saw during the day was maybe 6mph, but they changed direction a couple times

course of fire was perfect for a 1-day n00b-friendly monthly/quarterly match. challenging but not too hard. good mix of different types of stages groups/KYL/transitions/movers near/mid/far targets, prone/kneeling/sitting/barracades. time limits were just right. not too many paper stages, and they were still fun and relevant (and not just padding round count). the mover was great. Shannon set the right tone with the "help each other" and have fun atmosphere.

The berms are some of the best I've seen. The tower is definitely the sturdiest I've seen. You can shoot and mil while people are walking around you. Obviously a lot of time and $ spent on the facility. We appreciate it.

about the only suggestion i could make would be that if you want more criticism in your post-match feedback session, you need to screw something up. otherwise, people don't have much to say.
smile.gif

Made it back about midnight from one of the best one day matches I've been to. I think everyone who shot there had a wonderful time.It was a challenging course of fire for all levels of competitors.

Shannon and Bryan have put a tremendous amount of thought into the design of this facility,and a lot of work to make it happen.

For all of you that in the southeast part of the country,you are very fortunate to have such a facility close by and to have a couple of great guys running it.

Congratulations to Joe, Brian and Tom for finishing top 3 in a pretty tough crowd.You guys really were impressive! Looking foward to shooting with all of you again.

I really liked the way Shannon and Brian encouraged each of us to help out our fellow competitor.Whether it was helping call shots or some little tidbit of advise to help with technique. The comradery of the competitors is what drew me to this sport and keeps me coming back.These two guys understand that.I will be going back.

Thanks again for a great time,

Todd Morris

Shannon and Bryan, another big thank you for all your hard work.
The COF was challenging and the match had a good flow. The range
is top notch and very well thought out (you have a keeper).

Congradulations to Joe, Brian and Tom for some awesome shooting.

It was good to see some old friends and meet some new ones, hoping to see you all in the future.

Be safe and good shooting.

Best regards

Mark

I won't pile on to what Bryan said except to say thank you! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you all soon. We are pleased that you all enjoyed the facility and match.

Congrats to the all the shooters, including the top finishers for a safe well shot match. The results are posted on our website "matches" page. http://kmprecisionrifletraining.com/?page_id=230

For all those that took photos and video we would love to have copies. Please email us.

Bryan - back at ya - this wouldn't be happening with out you bro!

My fourth tactical match. K and M is an awesome place to shoot!! The match and COF was well thought out and smooth running. It was nice to go to a match and shoot with little down time. It was my first time shooting out past 800 yards!!

Shannon and Bryan my hats off and compliments for such hard work. I enjoyed seeing shooters from other matches and talking to such seasoned competitors.

Cannot wait for other matches at this location.

Shannon and Bryan Thank You again for building this great facility and hosting matches. I look forward to shooting there often.

Joe great shooting buddy!

93dba5ed.jpg

It was great to meet everyone alot of great shooters.

benjie

Hey guys...I want to respond to a few of you who are asking about training. If you would like to have training at our facility go to the K&M website or check out the thread in "Snipers Hide Basic Marksmanship". Our first class at the new facility will be on March 31st and April 1st. Due to the prep time for the March 3rd and 4th match, this is the earliest we can handle.

It is our goal to have classes that give you a one on one feel. The range will allow us to separate the class based on shooter skill, so if you are new you won't be rushed through something you don't understand and if you are an experienced shooter you will be able to move on to more difficult skill sets.

Please send us an email if you are interested so we can make arrangements for the class size.

If you look under the equipment list "kmprecisionrifletraining.com/?page_id=5" you will see all that is needed. Thanks and let me know if you have any further questions.

Bryan Morgan

Good shooting Joe, remind me to shake your hand in May in WV.

who were the lovely ladies taking photos? I would appreciate it if i could get the photos they took durring the match.

thats some of them but one of the ladies had taken some pictures of me after the match with me and my pup.... kinda wanted a picture of him at his 1st match lol