• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pant/Jacket Suggestions

They are constantly updating and adjusting their web inventory.

Not unusual to see your size/color out of stock but never long before back in.
We have always had orders ship complete within 48hrs that showed in stock. 7 orders with excellent results.

Use THEIR sizing charts and you will be GTG, Do NOT order sizes based on your usual trends.

./

Reactions: MarinePMI
+1 on UF Pro. I paid for them out of pocket and consistently find myself choosing them over my Cryes and Arcteryx pants. They're a little thicker/heavier, but they have vents for cooling and I like the knee pads a lot more.

I go where my budget allows for what I do. Camping and hunting, not a problem for Carhart, Duluth Trading, Under Armor cold gear line,
Got a camo jacket from Midway that is a little lighter than my Carhart, if need be. Danner boots and winter weight socks from Walmart. Some OR gloves, maybe a set of ski-gloves if its that cold. Maybe if I were to do the PRS, running and gunning stuff, the high speed $200 pants would be warranted. Best sign I saw was along the lines of, "Remember, your granddad hunted and killed all kinds of animals in blue jeans, a flannel shirt and work boots. The animals don't care how posh you look." Not a totally blanket statement, but I took my last deer I was pretty layered up with khaki BDU pants and an old 3-color desert Gore-Tex parka, and a RealTree beanie. The buck had other concerns.

I go where my budget allows for what I do. Camping and hunting, not a problem for Carhart, Duluth Trading, Under Armor cold gear line,
Got a camo jacket from Midway that is a little lighter than my Carhart, if need be. Danner boots and winter weight socks from Walmart. Some OR gloves, maybe a set of ski-gloves if its that cold. Maybe if I were to do the PRS, running and gunning stuff, the high speed $200 pants would be warranted. Best sign I saw was along the lines of, "Remember, your granddad hunted and killed all kinds of animals in blue jeans, a flannel shirt and work boots. The animals don't care how posh you look." Not a totally blanket statement, but I took my last deer I was pretty layered up with khaki BDU pants and an old 3-color desert Gore-Tex parka, and a RealTree beanie. The buck had other concerns.

Oh I hear you. Pretty much anything will work if that's what you got. I spent a lot of time in the field, long before goretex was a thing. Field jackets and rubber gumby suits were the norm. Did we get shit done? Hell yes (albeit, there were a lot more cases of frost bite). Would I rather do the same thing cloaked in Gore Tex, 600gram thinsulate boots, staying warm and dry? Yep.

Same goes for this. Will Carhartt or DT pants work? Well yeah, my knees won't get scraped up, and my dick won't be swinging in the breeze, scaring all the young ladies. But, the older I get, the less bullshit misery I am willing to endure if I don't have to. $200 for a pair of trousers that are comfortable, tailored to what I'm doing, doesn't seem like much when you compare it to the $3000-$8000 rigs (glass, rifle, bipod, RRS rail, bags, Kestrel, LRF, etc.) a lot of people run.

There's being hard (core), and then there is just being a rock. Don't be a rock.

As one Drill Instructor use to say to us recruits back in the day, "Girlscouts. You can leave here one of two ways. Smart. Or stroooonng. It's up to you." Buying the right equipment (which includes clothing) just seems smart to me...

Last edited:
Reactions: MysizeisMAGNUM
As one Drill Instructor use to say to us recruits back in the day, "Girlscouts. You can leave here one of two ways. Smart. Or stroooonng. It's up to you." Buying the right equipment (which includes clothing) just seems smart to me...

That's a tough decision to make.
The small pittance I spend on my Crye pants is nothing compared to my ammo spend. At least I can use my pants more than once.

Crye is great but I might look into other pants with built in kneepad capability due to the bagginess of Crye.

Duluth makes or labels some decent stuff. They are also a hippy/lib group of assholes. The clothing equivlelent of Ben and Jerry's.

yeah, ben and jerry are a couple fucktards. But they make good ice cream.

Same with duluths kick ass warranty.

Guess I care about the product. Not what the fuck you do on your own time.

Maybe you can start an ultra conservative right wing company

I actually buy from Deluth. Only what I cannot find elsewhere. I simply hate their liberal hippy crap.

Reactions: pmclaine
yeah, ben and jerry are a couple fucktards. But they make good ice cream.

Same with duluths kick ass warranty.

Guess I care about the product. Not what the fuck you do on your own time.

Maybe you can start an ultra conservative right wing company

Yes they enjoy using the money you give them to support politics that will take away your rights.

But thats the nature of just about every company these days. Probably couldnt buy anything if you tried to be a purest in your politics/wallet.

But at least you will have pants.

This might be worth looking at.

I have to say, UF Pro so far seems to have their shit together. I ordered yesterday, shipped today, and expected on my front doorstep on Monday. This is from Slovenia. Yeah, they got their shit together.

Impressed thus far.

Reactions: Terry Cross
check out US elite... if you don’t mind being a year old in your fashion statement i’ve bought a lot of Leaf stuff from them when they blow them out at 1/4 of the price..... sometimes it may not be the color i want but many times it is and the right size

can’t beat getting a $800 jacket for 300 or $400 pants for a hundred

Great info right there thanks

Yes they enjoy using the money you give them to support politics that will take away your rights.

But thats the nature of just about every company these days. Probably couldnt buy anything if you tried to be a purest in your politics/wallet.

But at least you will have pants.

Pretty much.

I probably don't agree with many things many businesses do with the money I give them. Then I realize
that I have better shit to do with my time than worry about it.

Pretty much.

I probably don't agree with many things many businesses do with the money I give them. Then I realize
that I have better shit to do with my time than worry about it.

All Id ask is that given the choice between buying an anti gun Yeti made in China Cooler perhaps a made in USA pro gun Bison would get your consideration.

All Id ask is that given the choice between buying an anti gun Yeti made in China Cooler perhaps a made in USA pro gun Bison would get your consideration.

Not sure which yeti's are made in china. But I've been to their factory in austin,TX

From the Bison site;
"Unlike our American-made coolers, Bison Drinkware are imported simply because there isn't a single company in America that can manufacture a stainless steel, vacuum-insulated container. We never compromise quality so rest assured you're going to love it. "

Just saying

Last edited:
The challenge is when it’s all of the above. This past weekend at the Bighorn Steel Classic, it was 22 degrees, sleeting, then raining, and the conditions were harsh. Ended up layering up with several options and adjusting as the two days progressed. At times it was pretty miserable.View attachment 7041338View attachment 7041339View attachment 7041340

@Wolfhunter
Hey look! I recognize that misery. That said, I'm in the last picture on the right wearing ArcTeryx LEAF Alpha pants and jacket. I have a couple layers of smart wool under that. I was warm and dry except for my feet and hands which really needed rubber and heaters. As has been mentioned, don't buy ArcTeryx stuff at full retail. If you shop around you can get 25% or more off of it.@MarinePMI

Great thread, lots of companies I have never heard of but definitely looking into.

I've had good luck with a few of the Duluth Trading Firehose pants. I like the stretch carpenter pants, or the double front loggers.

That Triple Aught looks good but being from Colorado and working in the oil and gas industry, I have a hard time supporting anything that comes out of The peoples republic of Boulder.

Reactions: r3plicator