• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Parallax/Ocular Adjustment Question

jonesturf

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
I understand how to focus the ocular/diopter the correct way. I also understand how to adjust parallax and check by moving your head to make your POA doesn't move.

I recently got a new scope. While fooling around with it briefly today I noticed that if I focused my image with the PA it was a clear but my POA moved. I thought why don't adjust my diopter a little to make my image clear. It wasn't too far off and was adjusted properly before I did this. The image was now clear and parallax was adjusted at around 120 yards.

My question is would this stay this way for most yardages (I will check when I get the chance) and is there anything wrong when doing this? I could still see my reticle clearly but not quite as clear as it originally was. Just wondering if anyone else does it like this. I'm always a little out of focus when I adjust each separately.