• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Pardon my question

Pardon my question

Take a regular quarter and paint it black. Then sell it for fifty cents.?

I'm guessing you're referring to one of our many discussions on a bullshit video posted by a shill/hack endorsing Tactical Rifles.net who claimed to shoot a group at some insane distance that he then covered with a quarter. It was mathematically impossible for the number of (alleged) .308 holes to be covered by a U.S. quarter, so the term "tactical quarter" was born to explain how a quarter could cover the group.
Lowlight then made a parody video wherein he covered an equally impossibly small group with his "tactical thumb".

Now, back to your regularly scheduled bullshit.

I'm guessing you're referring to one of our many discussions on a bullshit video posted by a shill/hack endorsing Tactical Rifles.net who claimed to shoot a group at some insane distance that he then covered with a quarter. It was mathematically impossible for the number of (alleged) .308 holes to be covered by a U.S. quarter, so the term "tactical quarter" was born to explain how a quarter could cover the group.
Lowlight then made a parody video wherein he covered an equally impossibly small group with his "tactical thumb".

Now, back to your regularly scheduled bullshit.

Could you please explain (in mathematical terms, perhaps an equation) the "mathematical impossibility" you refer to?

Could you please explain (in mathematical terms, perhaps an equation) the "mathematical impossibility" you refer to?

number of 0.3" holes that can be obscured by a us quarter

As [MENTION=77655]dmike[/MENTION] said, it was I think 5 rounds or more of .308 supposedly fired at beyond 500yds rapid fire with terrible technique. The rounds were not stacked on top of each other so it was muliple holes and the guy pulled out a quarter and covered the group of what looked like probably 5.56 holes. One of the smarter guys here did the math and established that the size of a quarter relative to .308 holes was not possible.

It was a huge topic of discussion several months back and the guy posting the video was determined to be posing as a USMC Scout Sniper and on and on. His name was Eddie something or another and he was a Tactical Rifles.net shill who posted the video almost immediately after the lawsuit was filed.

It was a source of great entertainment for quite a while. I'm sure one of the guys here can link the thread if it's still up. Shankster used his Google Fu to identify the guy and debunked his identity and on and on.