• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Parts hard to find for my 6.5 build

DesertScout23

Private
Minuteman
Aug 20, 2013
Frustrated. I’ve built many ar platform type rifles. However, started some research for parts for a precision 6.5 creed bolt action repeater. Can’t find any actions in stock! This will be a lefty rifle. I want it to be lighter weight for hunting but not anorexic. I’ve looked at surgeon, defiance, stiller, impact, bighorn. Any recommendations and where to look to find in stock? Also wish to use a proof carbon fiber barrel.

I’m teachable.

Thank you guys for your suggestions. Working with Russ at bugholes and they’re very helpful. They ordered some parts for me. Going with AntiX (lefty) and Bartlein #3, 9/16x24 TPi.

A couple questions:

Considering Phoenix 2 chassis/stock by Grayboe. Anyone have experience with this company or their gear? Also looking at MDT HNT26 but it’s pricey and I don’t know that I need to save that much weight for hunting.

Also, thinking of going with triggertech. Any recommendations on the special Vs diamond? And yes or no to bole release on trigger?

Thanks.

Greg and Russ at SPR are awesome! They've done several barrels for me and this is the latest one they chambered for my PRS rifle. The target was shot and zero load development on the rifle, so I'm super thrilled so far.

I have a Grayboe renegade stock on a R700 and it's super nice and sturdy. I haven't seen a HNT26 in the wild yet.

Since the AntiX action has a side bolt release, you don't need one on the trigger. I have specials and diamonds on different rifles, but for a hunting rifle, I would go with a special.

PRS Rifle with second barrel 02.jpg

PRS Rifle with second barrel final target.jpg

Greg and Russ at SPR are awesome! They've done several barrels for me and this is the latest one they chambered for my PRS rifle. The target was shot and zero load development on the rifle, so I'm super thrilled so far.

I have a Grayboe renegade stock on a R700 and it's super nice and sturdy. I haven't seen a HNT26 in the wild yet.

Since the AntiX action has a side bolt release, you don't need one on the trigger. I have specials and diamonds on different rifles, but for a hunting rifle, I would go with a special.

View attachment 8200683

View attachment 8200684
Stevie those are great groups and an amazing looking rifle. Thanks for the info. The Phoenix II is lefty so that’s the one I’m prob gonna go with.

I really like the Trigger Tech and its ease of adjustment. I use the Diamond but I don’t know that it would be necessary for a hunting rifle. They are in my opinion the best trigger on the market whichever one you chose. They’re not as sensitive to being dirty as others.

Stevie those are great groups and an amazing looking rifle. Thanks for the info. The Phoenix II is lefty so that’s the one I’m prob gonna go with.

Thanks! Good choice on the stock! If that would have been available when I bought my Renegade, I would have switched to the Phoenix II.