• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pas 13 TWS Battery- BA- 5847/U help

cmr287

Private
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2013
Hey all, UUUUP DATE: 11 Oct 2020... My buddy nor his unit are able to obtain batteries/ charging units for their PAS 13. I believe they are sending it to DRMO....

25 Sept 2020: Good morning all.

I was wondering if anyone has any leads on where to find An/ PAS 13 TWS batteries for sale less than 100.00 or rechargeable batteries as well as a charger?
I have a buddie in a NG unit that has an old PAS 13 in his arms room and they are not able to get batteries for it through the supply system for some reason and they want to know if it still works and don't want to go through the de-militarization process unit they know the status of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached is a photo of the non rechargeable battery for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_3332.jpg
    IMG_3332.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3333.jpg
    IMG_3333.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3334.jpg
    IMG_3334.jpg
    367.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3335.jpg
    IMG_3335.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3336.jpg
    IMG_3336.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Here is s photo of the marking on the TWS for reference i was sent.

Attachments

• PAS 13 Manufacture.jpg
    PAS 13 Manufacture.jpg
    349.7 KB · Views: 18
I had the same issue active army, we were unable to order batteries because it was obsolete. We had the maintenance guys code it out and turned it in to DRMO.

You might try calling the DRMO yard to ask them to keep an eye out for one turning in you can pull batteries from. Or talk to PBO, they might be able to give you a lateral transfer directive to a UIC that can recieve " as is" transfers to get it off your books.

I had the same issue active army, we were unable to order batteries because it was obsolete. We had the maintenance guys code it out and turned it in to DRMO.

You might try calling the DRMO yard to ask them to keep an eye out for one turning in you can pull batteries from. Or talk to PBO, they might be able to give you a lateral transfer directive to a UIC that can recieve " as is" transfers to get it off your books.

Roger, I'll pass this along. Do you know of any alternate power source? that can be used? I have found this for him however they cant use unit funds to procure. https://www.batteriesdirect.com/product/details/military-grade-batteries/military/ba-5847

It does look comparable but I couldn't tell you for sure. Maybe some of the older guys who are more familiar with the older PAS13s can help. I used mostly the version 3s that use AA batteries.

Ok soooooooo I'm a pretty field expedient guy and would so try this if I had the unit. Here's my thoughts- a 6V battery is well within the 4.5V to 7V range of the AN/PAS-13 unit soooo:

Prove a theory-

Take a dead battery shown above and gut is leaving only the + & - leads, connect them to a 6 volt battery then connect it to the unit (top open of course) and see if the unit powers up. if the unit powers even for a short time, he should be able to cycle through the function seeing and check WH and BH mode prior to the unit draining its power.

If this proves to work, all they may need so 6 volts and chargers to run their optics?

Whatcha think?

Depending on the construction of the housing it may be possible for a local specialty battery shop to take it apart and replace the internals. I've had it done to some bespoke rechargeable batteries that were no longer available.

Ok soooooooo I'm a pretty field expedient guy and would so try this if I had the unit. Here's my thoughts- a 6V battery is well within the 4.5V to 7V range of the AN/PAS-13 unit soooo:

Prove a theory-

Take a dead battery shown above and gut is leaving only the + & - leads, connect them to a 6 volt battery then connect it to the unit (top open of course) and see if the unit powers up. if the unit powers even for a short time, he should be able to cycle through the function seeing and check WH and BH mode prior to the unit draining its power.

If this proves to work, all they may need so 6 volts and chargers to run their optics?

Whatcha think?

Lol just be ready to write "I do not recall" on that sworn statement if it starts in fire!

• Haha
Reactions: cmr287
Forget it, it's dead. Code it out and transfer it to the DRMO at my house. 😜

I remember there used to be a test set for it that had a plastic caddy and would take a pair of LS14500 batteries... the PLGR memory batteries the size of an AA. Might be worth trying to find one.

Reactions: cmr287