• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pasquotank Precision Rifle Shootout Elizabeth City NC Update

flatlander

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2003
Eastern NC
This years update has been long time coming but due to some events beyond our control I can finally give some details. I would also like to think all the shooters that stay in contact and ask for updates regarding future events.

The original goal was to have another event in May/June of this year, but as you can see that didn't happen.
So where to start:
3 of my RO's had severe medical conditions occur: 1 is still fighting rectical cancer, 1 had a stroke, and 1 had a Virus which attacked his heart resulting in 3 flat lines on the table and finally have to do open heart surgery to replace a valve.

Then in January I went out to the farm to shoot for the weekend and when I opened the barn to get some targets, something didn't look right. So after 10 seconds of WTF, I realized my steel targets had been stolen, along with several other steel structures and items used for the event. They were nice enough to leave me a bucket of 4 small knockover plates, but took everything else: pistol Poppers, LV Steel targets, Target stands, MGM poppers etc. Appx $2k in targets.
While the Sheriff's dept was there investigating, I witnessed first hand an episode from "Stupidest criminal moments". A 15 yo happens to ride by on his motorcycle but stops to see whats going on. He walks up and asked did something happen here? I said to him, maybe! He then tells the Investigator and I that he saw a truck leaving the property the weekend before and thinks he knew the guy driving. At that point the investigator looks at me and says he knows too much. Turns out the 15 yo had set up the theft and because he couldn't drive he enlisted the help of a local 17 yo meth head. They made three trips to the scrap yard with all the steel targets and A/C unit from the house next door. From the steel they stole from me, they got paid $173. During the investigation they gave each other up and both plead guilty in court on their first appearance. The 15 yo had his felony charges reduced to misdemeanors w restitution. And the 17yo had his 4 felony charges reduced to 1 felony, 1 misdemeanor and restitution. Both got probation.

And lastly in March and April my daughter Kimber got sick from Cystic Fibrosis related illness and we made several trips to the hospital. But she's doing great now.

Long term goal is to have another shoot late this year or in Jan/Feb 2014 time frame, so I will keep everyone in the loop.

Thanks

Todd

Todd,

Thoughts and prayers to your family, you and your friends. I'd like to get some info on your upcoming shoot or any other events that you folks may host.

Sincerely, Keith

Todd,

No kidding, WOW is right. First off, my family will be praying for yours and the ROs...and good to hear Kimber is doing well. Second, probation? Hmmm, well, my guess it that the 2 reprobates learnt their lesson and will forever turn away from the life of crime...Pfffft....

Thanks for the update.

Mike

Wow, Sorry to hear things are down atleast going they are going up! Ill keep you guys in my prayers.

Did you guys happen to check the scrap yard and see if they still had the targets? I know it's a very long shot but worth it.

I have about 20-30 pcs of plate you guys can borrow for a match. None of the cool auto reset or anything just hanging plates.

Hope everyone gets on the mend ASAP!!! I just had to buy steel to replace a bunch of stolen targets for our match (not stolen on the farm) and know its real $$$$$ for 36 targets....OUCH! I have not been able to make your matches and was hoping to this year. That said if you are short and need RO Help I can assist and maybe help you find a few more. It is great to have as many of these matches as possible in NC/SC/VA

Semper Fi

Dave