• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Passed Down Remington

MrMarty51

Private
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2009
Miles City,Montana
Rem.JPG

An uncle of the wifeys, He and I had become quite close in the twelve or thirteen years We had known each other.
It was always heading out into the hills just to be scouting, to see what is out there, and possibly firing a few rounds from the fire arms We had packed along, Prairie Dogs was the most likely targets, an occasional Coyote`d show His/hers body and would sometimes be a target or a victim, depending on how long they`d stand and for how long they`d be within eyesight.
Old Gene and I had a lot of fun, but, He was getting up in years and had turned eighty five just before His passing into the Heavens.
The funeral went OK with a lot of people in attendance from all around Miles City.
After the funeral, and over the next week or so, a rummage sale of Genes things was going on. He has two daughters, one grandson and two soninlaws that have no interest in firearms.
The daughters and I were talking about Genes things and they asked if there was anything of His belongings that I would like to have, I replied that I would like to "Buy" His rifle, to which they both exclaimed, at the same time, Martin, We are going to give that to You, well, OK, but I could pay You something for it, nope, nothing doing.
And so, I inherited Uncle Genes 700 Remington, 30-06 and stamped that it was built in 1968.
I had already worked up the loads for this rifle and Gene, even as old and shakey as He was, at 50 yds, He could make tow or three booollit holes appear as almost one.
I am thinking that I will do some shooting with this rifle and get to know it very well, make it My long range shooter and keep sake.
Martin

Congrats, aside from the circumstances for receiving it. It means so much more when it comes from a loved one.

Last edited:
now don't go putting syn stocks, bipods, a hubble on top, and so on and so forth....it's absolutely perfect the way it is.....for many reasons, including the most important one - Gene will help guide your hand with every shot.

Thank You very much.
NOPE, no add ons whatsoever, just a plain and simple old rifle.
I have plenty of rounds, I`m going to get to shooting, get improved, it has been a while since I`ve been to the range.
My cousin is wanting to do a wolf hunt over in the Lewistown area, We have until March the 15th. I am hoping that He does`nt back out.
I do have another cousin that lives in L.Town, Her man was born and raised there, He never fails to fill His freezer with fish and game, He knows everyone and every place in that area. I will go over and live with them for a month unless a wolf is obtained before then.