• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Passed the HAM test

ArcticLight

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2003
Silverdale, WA
Was pretty easy actually.

I am not licensed to fly my r/c plane LOL, someday I may actually own a voice ham radio besides my VHF Marine radio...
KF7TRX

Re: Passed the HAM test

Congrats! Yea, I thought it was pretty easy also. Really basic electronics and some rules...anyone that is interested should go do it.

I have a 2M/440 rig, but that's about it... haven't moved into HF yet.

KF5JKB

Congrats,
Did you get it for the R/C Channels? I have been looking at trying FPV.

KD4YGR

My neighbor out back has a big HAM radio tower set up and could talk to my uncle while he was in Africa a few times. Its fun to mess around with equipment.

Articlight, congrats on getting your ticket. Got my Advanced in 1985 - never could
do 20 WPM code . . .

. . . and congrats to the others that have their license.

73's

Kevin

Congrats, Arctic. One down, two to go!

Also, they don't tell you this while studying for the Tech, but you can apply for a call of your choice (if available) over at the FCC website.

Wife and I both didn't get our renewal forms. They both lapsed a few years ago.

Started studying but got distracted by a shiny object. Thanks for the motivation to go get this done.

I'm kinda curious about the HAM laws up here in Canada. Are they different? What does it grant you, and what can be used with it? And, how much money does it involve, to get started in this?

Roger-Dodger, 10-4 Rubber Duck, 5 by 5, Affirmative, and Okey-Dokey.

OverAndOut,
wink.gif

Sean

I forgot 'click-click'

Congrats!

I am sad to say I have never used my tech or general license. I badly need to get on the air!

I got my Tech and General back in July of 2011. Beware. It can be almost as addicting as shooting and sometimes as expensive.

Congratulations on getting your ticket.

I have had my ticket since 1967. Welcome. Kept the same call all these years.
WA2YBQ

Warning!

The tech class will cost you about $1k in junk you just gotta' have.

General is another $2k worth of junk easy, much more if you live somewhere you can put up real antennas.

Then there is setting up your vehicles with some mobile gear...

Then there is moving into digital modes, APRS, satellite...

It's good though, having another hobby to buy stuff for can distract the wife from all the money you're spending on guns.
smile.gif

Congrats- I'm a general but keep spending my money on shooting instead of a HF rig. I have a handheld, one of these days I'll get a bigger rig.

Congrats! Getting my license is on my to do list this year. I don't foresee myself spending tons of money on a rig though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor N TN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wife and I both didn't get our renewal forms. They both lapsed a few years ago.</div></div>
You have a 2 year grace period after expiration for renewal, and it's done online using the FCC ULS.

Kevin

Have had mine since junior high school. Ham Radio Outlet had the Icom IC-7410 on sale for 'Black Friday'. It is sitting in the bed room until I get a antenna up.

Congrats, it gets expensive just like guns.

WB2QIG

Congrats! KD0FIN here. HF & QRP is where all the fun is at!

P8202156.jpg

P8202158.jpg

WSPR24hrplot.png