• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Paterno fired!

Re: Paterno fired!

Paterno was told by someone that Sandusky was cornholing a little kid, and nothing apparently happened after his report was forwarded through channels. He should have followed up, he didn't, and so many years later, he's getting his, as he should. Frankly, I've never been in awe of JoePa, and this, more than anything that I've seen, goes to illustrate the nature of his character.

Earlier today news reports were that he was retiring. Now he has been fired?
The story keeps developing....

Penn State is wrecked!
Very sad.
But more sad that innocent young men were preyed on and it went unreported for years.
I always thought Joe was a good guy but I guess we never know.

He was gonna retire at the end of the season. I guess they wanted him gone before that

I'll bet serious cash that this goes a whole lot higher than Paterno and the ass covering and platitude manufacturing is going on full tilt by the very people above Paterno who put a lid on it.

For the good of the school and the "Program" of course.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Earlier today news reports were that he was retiring. Now he has been fired?
The story keeps developing....

</div></div>

Yep, its a "Breaking News" dealy on yahoo.com

I think both the graduate assistant and joe paterno need to be held accountable... are there any criminal charges that could possibly come from this "scandal"?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll bet serious cash that this goes a whole lot higher than Paterno and the ass covering and platitude manufacturing is going on full tilt by the very people above Paterno who put a lid on it.

For the good of the school and the "Program" of course. </div></div>

Penn State is located in Happy Valley. When the BS overflows Beaver Stadium they've got half a chance at containment if they plant their charges correctly.

with all the smokin chicks in the world i have never understood what drives these pervs.

Watching ESPN now, quite a few students out prtesting this decision. I agree with the findings of the trustees, but to think of his legacy that he through away and know will be know for this... damn.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jig Stick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">joepa liked to give the kids a ride on his war horse </div></div>

There are thing to joke about and then things not to joke about.

Personally I think this is in very bad form.

I think they both should be hung until they be dead, dead, dead. Them and anyone else that helped cover up the crime over the years.

According to Paterno himself, he said he didn't do enough. He had to of know this would eventually happen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ColoWyo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From Penn State to the state pen </div></div>

For the Win.

One of his coaches was buggering little boys, he knows, and does nothing. Then hides behind the "I kicked it upstairs."

They ought to go back to the time it happened and strip every win away from him, so he doesn't hold the title of the coach with the most wins. I can just see the caption below his portrait in the College Football Hall of Fame. <span style="color: #FF0000">Most wins in 1A NCAA Football, but let another coach bugger little boys!</span> Hell of a caveat.

Bottom line was $ football at PS is big big business

Too little too late. Hopefully the victims that were preyed upon after his inaction can at least come after him and others in a civil suit.

It didn't come quick enough. I hope he gets sued to death and ends up penny less.... and the assistant that watch the little boy and I repeat LITTLE 10 YEAR OLD BOY being raped in the shower and runs away. Read the grand jury testimony. He ran out of the locker room after watching the little boy being raped and calls his dad. The dad says leave and come to his house. How about going back in the locker room and saving the boy!!!! And Paterno knew about this as early as 99'? How many little boys were raped from then until now? All of them are scum!

For those of you not in the know, State College (the town around PSU) was knee-deep the other night in violent, immature idiots who destroyed property and clashed with state and local authorities.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JR_IYmG1_V4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JR_IYmG1_V4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EeCEEdyk7c4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EeCEEdyk7c4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oipX7u7UUl0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oipX7u7UUl0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I'm at a loss to understand how this is a moment for anything other than shame, quiet revilement, and prosecution.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So,,, all them kids that were gathering in these three video's (above), were amassing for the lynching, right? </div></div>

Sorry, no such luck. It's hard to describe for someone unfamiliar with the culture surrounding large university football programs just how large the reality distortion field really is.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hg17_f-ggd4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hg17_f-ggd4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Consider that hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars, if not billions, were spent on a highway improvement program designed to funnel home game attendees to State College in the most expeditious manner from east and west on the Rt. 22/322/522 system. Nonetheless, seventy-mile backups on Saturdays are common: http://www.city-data.com/forum/harrisburg-area/1299288-state-college-gameday-traffic.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mirnyx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JoePa got what he deserved.</div></div>

actually he deserves far worse. His inaction allowed numerous boys to continue to be molested.

Never liked the guy or his methods. Hanging on to a program that clearly needed rid of him years ago. He was leeching to pad his "legacy".

Now this scandal surfaces and all he has is excuses? His best defense was I told the higher ups? He knew, he just didn't want to go public and have everyone in the country hate his football program. Now look what has happened....

That University is losing people left and right. It's going to be chaos there for a while now. I would transfer if I was a student there. I would not want to be giving my money to a school that "ignores pedophile behavior".

I posted in the other thread about this but I think people need to wait to get all the facts before judging.

- McQueary saw some messed up crap and should have intervened but didn't
- He told Paterno, but what did he tell him? Paterno testified that he was not told exactly what was seen nor the extent. We need to know what Paterno knew as that would then allow us to critique what he then did. Remember Paterno testified that he did not know really the extent of what was going (under oath I believe) and he is not being charged with perjury while Schultz and Curley are.
- He not only told the AD Curley but he also told Schultz who oversaw the Police Dept.

There is just way too much speclation going on right now. Remember the Duke situation where kids went to jail until they were bailed, barred from campus and castrated by the media. And for what becuase the girl lied. Again let's wait to see how things play out. Not saying what Paterno did was right nor protecting him but lets get the facts first.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anthony20031</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I posted in the other thread about this but I think people need to wait to get all the facts before judging.</div></div>

If someone told me that they had even the smallest suspicion that something of such a monstrous nature was going on I wouldn't have funneled it through a hierarchy that had a vested interest (like $72 million a year in related revenue) in keeping it quiet. I would have directed myself to both the local and the state authorities, and I would have made an absolute effin' racket until I was sure that something was being done to either confirm or disprove an issue.

http://www.statecollegepa.us/index.aspx?NID=27
http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/ser...s=L2&mode=2

It isn't so tough to find a cop in Central PA. The guts to do the right thing? That might be a little harder.

YH one I just find it hard that a guy with that standing of Paterno and what he has done for the community and for kids in that community would have turned a blind eye but it could have happen and then what everyone is saying holds true.

But I still feel we need to get all our facts first. And he probably made a mistake in telling the guy that oversees the Police Dept and believing they were investigating.

Who knows maybe in his old age and hearing only something along the lines what was witnessed was just horseplay he could not come to grips that an old friend was a disgusting evil perve and so when he was told it was looked into and nothing came of it maybe he believed it.

I'm not trying to defend him but we also shouldn't stone him to death til we know everything. Case in point the Duke situation a couple years ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anthony20031</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I posted in the other thread about this but I think people need to wait to get all the facts before judging.</div></div>

If someone told me that they had even the smallest suspicion that something of such a monstrous nature was going on I wouldn't have funneled it through a hierarchy that had a vested interest (like $72 million a year in related revenue) in keeping it quiet. I would have directed myself to both the local and the state authorities, and I would have made an absolute effin' racket until I was sure that something was being done to either confirm or disprove an issue.

http://www.statecollegepa.us/index.aspx?NID=27
http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/ser...s=L2&mode=2

It isn't so tough to find a cop in Central PA. The guts to do the right thing? That might be a little harder.
</div></div>

Well said Veer!! only thing you forgot was the GA needs an ass-whipping for not helping that child right then and there.

C'mon anthony, quit all your bleeding heart crap. Doesn't matter, they all have blood on their hands, to what extent doesn't matter either. We are talking about "KIDS" bro.

Trust me I understand I just had a daughter 3 weeks ago. But it doesn't strike you as odd that a man that had an impeccable record for 61 years and build his career around morals and ethics while every other college was embroiled in scandles would not do something about this.

I understand everything people are saying, I truly do, but there are so many conflicting reports right now. I will be the first one to say to string him up IF everything is true but like the Duke situation I don't think it's fair to assume.

Like I said, doesn't matter how much blood he has on his hands, when it comes to kids, if its a spec its too much. Bro anymore when it comes to money and business now days, people throw away a lot more than their reputations.

I will bet money when and if the whole truth comes out, it will be far worse than what you hear now.

Money and Power corrupts, Joe-Pa= power, Penn State=money. It could happen to any of the "Big Business" schools. Probably has it just hasn't been exposed yet!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anthony20031</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trust me I understand I just had a daughter 3 weeks ago. But it doesn't strike you as odd that a man that had an impeccable record for 61 years and build his career around morals and ethics while every other college was embroiled in scandles would not do something about this.

I understand everything people are saying, I truly do, but there are so many conflicting reports right now. I will be the first one to say to string him up IF everything is true but like the Duke situation I don't think it's fair to assume. </div></div>

No person is above a scandal. Anyone and most often times its the person you dont want it to be. In this case Joe used poor judgement and now it has cost him. If he knew or not he sure as hell is making it sound like he knew something about it and passed it on. He was wrong and now he needs to suffer the consequences.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anthony20031</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trust me I understand I just had a daughter 3 weeks ago. But it doesn't strike you as odd that a man that had an impeccable record for 61 years and build his career around morals and ethics while every other college was embroiled in scandles would not do something about this.

I understand everything people are saying, I truly do, but there are so many conflicting reports right now. I will be the first one to say to string him up <span style="color: #FF0000">IF </span>everything is true but like the Duke situation I don't think it's fair to assume. </div></div>

Enough of this horseshit. What "IF" are you talking about?!?

They banned the rapist from the lockerrooms after what the GA told Paterno. Why would they do that if they didn't know exactly what he was. They knew, every single one of them.

I bet if your kids were anywhere near that monster you'd be putting sights on Paterno and all the other cowards in that bullshit program who put their interests ahead of protecting kids.

The willing suspension of disbelief that people are capable of just because they don't like the truth is nothing short of staggering.

Of course I never said noone is above a scandal but if someone truly did not know should they be castrated as Paterno has? Fine clean house becuase of what happened but don't castrate a guy that build that institution.

But please tell me how he is making it sound like he knew. Everyone keeps pointing to the quote "I should have done more" but that is taken way out of context. Preceding that statement was In hindsight so the whole sentence read "In hindsight, I wish I had done more" Well yh once someone knows the full extent of course he would say that. There are so many unknowns right now and so many conflicting reports. I listened to Rece Davis last night and he said it perfectly on ESPN.

Again please don't get me wrong I am not defending him per say. I am just asking people to wait to hear exactly what happened. People talk about things that happen with police and then saying there are 2 sides to every story...well let's hear his. If he was in the wrong then lets start throwing stones but what happens if you throw stones before you find out the truth and you find you were wrong???? Too late you already cast the stones.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anthony20031</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trust me I understand I just had a daughter 3 weeks ago. But it doesn't strike you as odd that a man that had an impeccable record for 61 years and build his career around morals and ethics while every other college was embroiled in scandles would not do something about this.

I understand everything people are saying, I truly do, but there are so many conflicting reports right now. I will be the first one to say to string him up <span style="color: #FF0000">IF </span>everything is true but like the Duke situation I don't think it's fair to assume. </div></div>

They banned the rapist from the lockerrooms after what the GA told Paterno. Why would they do that if they didn't know exactly what he was. They knew, every single one of them.

I bet if your kids were anywhere near that monster you'd be putting sights on Paterno and all the other cowards in that bullshit program who put their interests ahead of protecting kids.

The willing suspension of disbelief that people are capable of just because they don't like the truth is nothing short of staggering. </div></div>

Ok please tell me the facts...just the facts please I want to hear it. No hearsay no nothing just the facts. How did you respond when the Duke allegations came out? Secondly you are already incorrect in your facts that they banned the guy from the lockerroom...they banned him from having childern on campus not from the facilities. Again FACTS

And yes I think Sandusky is guilty as hell as there are too many things that have come out and witnesses etc that have painted him that way. I think he is a scumbag a perve, the worst kind of human and would love the chance to see his victims due to him whatever they choose.

That goes even for McQueary as well. I can't fathom seeing that and not doing something right then and there

But read the jury report and there are too many conflicting reports for me to do that to Paterno just yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anthony20031</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anthony20031</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trust me I understand I just had a daughter 3 weeks ago. But it doesn't strike you as odd that a man that had an impeccable record for 61 years and build his career around morals and ethics while every other college was embroiled in scandles would not do something about this.

The willing suspension of disbelief that people are capable of just because they don't like the truth is nothing short of staggering. </div></div>

Ok please tell me the facts...just the facts please I want to hear it. No hearsay no nothing just the facts. How did you respond when the Duke allegations came out? <span style="color: #FF0000">Secondly you are already incorrect in your facts that they banned the guy from the lockerroom...they banned him from having childern on campus not from the facilities. Again FACTS</span> </div></div>

OH, well, that just changes EVERYTHING doesn't it.... only banned from having children on campus... now you tell me, why on earth do you think they put that ban on him... hmm???? Genius...

Let me ask you something else, you ever think to wonder if Paterno would ask Sandusky, "Hey man, I had the craziest thing happen, this GA came over and told me he saw you raping a 10 year old. And now I hear you're banned from having kids on campus... what's up with all that...?"

He knowingly worked for many years with a rapist and was ok with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anthony20031</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Of course I never said noone is above a scandal but if someone truly did not know should they be castrated as Paterno has? Fine clean house becuase of what happened but don't castrate a guy that build that institution.

But please tell me how he is making it sound like he knew. Everyone keeps pointing to the quote "I should have done more" but that is taken way out of context. Preceding that statement was In hindsight so the whole sentence read "In hindsight, I wish I had done more" Well yh once someone knows the full extent of course he would say that. There are so many unknowns right now and so many conflicting reports. I listened to Rece Davis last night and he said it perfectly on ESPN.

Again please don't get me wrong I am not defending him per say. I am just asking people to wait to hear exactly what happened. People talk about things that happen with police and then saying there are 2 sides to every story...well let's hear his. If he was in the wrong then lets start throwing stones but what happens if you throw stones before you find out the truth and you find you were wrong???? Too late you already cast the stones. </div></div>

It's not in my nature to post entire articles from news sources, but in your case, Anthony, I'm going to make an exception:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">Penn St ex-coach, others charged in child sex case</span></span>
<span style="color: #666666">GENARO C. ARMAS and MARK SCOLFORO
The Associated Press</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">STATE COLLEGE, Pa.</span> - An explosive sex abuse scandal and possible cover-up rocked "Happy Valley" on Saturday when former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky, once considered Joe Paterno's heir apparent, was charged with sexually assaulting eight boys over a 15-year period. Among the allegations was a 2002 incident in which a graduate assistant for the team said he saw Sandusky assault a boy in the shower at the Nittany Lions' practice center.

Sandusky retired in 1999 but continued to use the school's facilities for his work with The Second Mile, a foundation he established to help at-risk kids. The state grand jury investigation also resulted in perjury charges against Tim Curley, Penn State's athletic director, and Gary Schultz, vice president for finance and business. The two administrators were accused of failing to alert police , as required by state law , of their investigation of the allegations.

"This is a case about a sexual predator who used his position within the university and community to repeatedly prey on young boys," Pennsylvania Attorney General Linda Kelly said in a statement.

Paterno, who last week became the winningest coach in Division I football, was not charged, and the grand jury report did not appear to implicate him in wrongdoing.

Under Paterno's four-decades-and-counting stewardship, the Nittany Lions became a bedrock in the college game and fans packed the stadium in State College, a campus town routinely ranked among America's best places to live and nicknamed "Happy Valley." Paterno's teams were revered both for winning games , including two national championships , and largely steering clear of trouble. Sandusky, whose defenses were usually anchored by tough-guy linebackers , hence the moniker, "Linebacker U" , spent three decades at the school. The charges against him cover the period between 1994 and 2009.

Sandusky, 67, was arrested Saturday and released on $100,000 bail after being arraigned on 40 criminal counts. Curley, 57, and Schultz, 62, were expected to turn themselves in on Monday in Harrisburg.

The allegations against Sandusky, who started The Second Mile in 1977, range from sexual advances to touching to oral and anal sex. The young men testified before a state grand jury that they were in their early teens when some of the abuse occurred; there is evidence even younger children may have been victimized. Defense attorney Joe Amendola said Sandusky has been aware of the accusations for about three years and has maintained his innocence.

"He's shaky, as you can expect," Amendola told WJAC-TV after Sandusky was arraigned. "Being 67 years old, never having faced criminal charges in his life, and having the distinguished career that he's had, these are very serious allegations."

A preliminary hearing scheduled for Wednesday would likely be delayed, Amendola said. Sandusky is charged with multiple counts of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, corruption of minors, endangering the welfare of a child, indecent assault and unlawful contact with a minor, as well as single counts of aggravated indecent assault and attempted indecent assault.

No one answered a knock at the door Saturday at Sandusky's modest, two-story brick home at the end of a dead-end road in State College. A man who answered the door at The Second Mile office in State College declined to give his name and said the organization had no comment.

The grand jury said eight boys were targets of sexual advances or assaults by Sandusky. None was named, and in at least one case, the jury said the child's identity remains unknown to authorities.

One accuser, now 27, testified that Sandusky initiated contact with a "soap battle" in the shower that led to multiple instances of involuntary sexual intercourse and indecent assault at Sandusky's hands, the grand jury report said.

He said he traveled to charity functions and Penn State games with Sandusky, even being listed as a member of the Sandusky family party for the 1998 Outback Bowl and 1999 Alamo Bowl. But when the boy resisted his advances, Sandusky threatened to send him home from the Alamo Bowl, the report said.

Sandusky also gave him clothes, shoes, a snowboard, golf clubs, hockey gear and football jerseys, and even guaranteed that he could walk on to the football team, the grand jury said, and the boy also appeared with Sandusky in a photo in Sports Illustrated. He testified that Sandusky once gave him $50 to buy marijuana, drove him to purchase it and then drove him home as the boy smoked the drug.

The first case to come to light was a boy who met Sandusky when he was 11 or 12, the grand jury said. The boy received expensive gifts and trips to sports events from Sandusky, and physical contact began during his overnight stays at Sandusky's home, jurors said. Eventually, the boy's mother reported the allegations of sexual assault to his high school, and Sandusky was banned from the child's school district in Clinton County in 2009. That triggered the state investigation that culminated in charges Saturday.

But the report also alleges much earlier instances of abuse, and details failed efforts to stop it by some who became aware of what was happening.

Another child, known only as a boy about 11 to 13, was seen by a janitor pinned against a wall while Sandusky performed oral sex on him in fall 2000, the grand jury said.

And in 2002, Kelly said, a graduate assistant saw Sandusky sexually assault a naked boy, estimated to be about 10 years old, in a team locker room shower. The grad student and his father reported what he saw to Paterno, who immediately told Curley, prosecutors said.

Curley and Schultz met with the graduate assistant about a week and a half later, Kelly said.

"Despite a powerful eyewitness statement about the sexual assault of a child, this incident was not reported to any law enforcement or child protective agency, as required by Pennsylvania law," Kelly said.

There's no indication that anyone at school attempted to find the boy, or follow up with the witness, she said.

Curley denied that the assistant had reported anything of a sexual nature, calling it "merely `horsing around,'" the 23-page grand jury report said. But he also testified that he barred Sandusky from bringing children onto campus and that he advised Penn State president Graham Spanier of the matter.

The grand jury said Curley was lying, Kelly said, adding that it also deemed portions of Schultz's testimony not to be credible.

Schultz told the jurors he also knew of a 1998 investigation involving sexually inappropriate behavior by Sandusky with a boy in the showers the football team used.

But despite his job overseeing campus police, he never reported the 2002 allegations to any authorities, "never sought or received a police report on the 1998 incident and never attempted to learn the identity of the child in the shower in 2002," the jurors wrote. "No one from the university did so."

Lawyers for both Curley and Schultz issued statements saying they are innocent of all charges.

In response to a request for comment from Paterno, a spokesman for the athletic department said all such questions would be referred to university representatives, who released a statement from Spanier calling the allegations against Sandusky "troubling" and adding Curley and Schultz had his unconditional support.

He predicted they will be exonerated.

"I have known and worked daily with Tim and Gary for more than 16 years," Spanier said. "I have complete confidence in how they handled the allegations about a former university employee."

Sandusky, once considered a potential successor to Paterno, drew up the defenses for the Nittany Lions' national-title teams in 1982 and 1986. The team is enjoying another successful run this season; at 8-1, Penn State is ranked No. 16 in the AP Top 25 and is the last undefeated squad in Big Ten play. The Nittany Lions were off Saturday.

As the head football coach, Paterno has spent years cultivating a reputation for putting integrity ahead of modern college-sports economics. It's a notion that has benefited Penn State's marketing and recruiting efforts over the decades and one that the Big Ten school's alumni proudly tout years after they leave.

"We're supposed to be one of the universities to follow after, someone to look up to," said sophomore Brian Prewitt of Poughkeepsie, N.Y. "Now that people on the top are involved, it's going to be bad."

Scolforo reported from Harrisburg.
</div></div>

That's way, way too much smoke for zero fire. Everybody has been asking why this McQueary, the then graduate assistant, simply did a 180 and reported what he saw to Paterno. What I'd like to know is why he didn't rip the nearest towel bar out of the wall and apply same repeatedly to the person of Sandusky. I don't advocate violence, but the image of a grown man in the showers with a kid like that should produce righteous rage in a decent man. Failure here was not only individual, but institutional, as well, and we want more and better from the people, like Paterno, who are placed upon pedestals. Joe came up short of our expectations, as did everyone who was in the loop.

You don't put the safety of a child over your precious football program. JoePa is as responsible as anyone else who knew what was goin on, and didn't ALERT THE AUTHORITIES!!!! What made Penn State think that they're exempt from the rule of law???

"Sending it up the chain" doesn't effin cut it here. JoePa knew of children being molested, and ignored it for selfish reasons. He will always know that he was wrong, and he will have to live with the guilt of putting his Litany Lions franchise over the moral obligation to save a child.

Anyone disagree? If it was your son being cornholed, would you so readily accept the "I sent it up the chain" defense???

He's been old for awhile. Old people don't want to be bothered with anything that they don't care about. Hence why he wished he had done more other than worry about meaningless football.
In general, all these football factories need a reality check as to what is really important.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok please tell me the facts...just the facts please I want to hear it.</div></div>

FACT: Joe said he did not do enough.

FACT: Joe would have done more if it had been one of his 16 grandchildren (apparently, he wasn't very concerned with the physical/mental state of some wayward youth).

FACT: PS students riot in the street after his firing (pro pedophilia or just typical brain washed college kids?)

FACT: Joe is not the first upstanding citizen to take a fall.

Who knows what else he turned a blind eye to.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> [i.m.g]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg131/rogue884/joe-paterno.jpg[/i.m.g] </div></div>

Is there something in the subject matter of pedophilia and sexual abuse of children that you think merits an attempt at humor?!

Seriously ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paw print</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a strong feeling, if the word had gotten out that one of the staff was raping a 10 year old girl in the locker room, much more would have been done, and done quickly. The homosexual's seem to have the nation scared, If someone would have "gone ballistic", as they should have, then and there, they would be called "anti-gay", almost as bad as "anti-liberal" on most campus setting in the US. In the last few years, we as a country have seen from priests to scout leaders being caught, after years of raping boys-how much time are they getting? How hard are they being tracked down by LE? I suggest, if the same number of little girls were being raped by these homosexual perverts, the response would 100 times greater, and the punishment would be 1000 times greater (if they perverts ever got to court). The liberals in the US have forced homosexualism so hard, they seem afraid to take on the homosexual child rapists, as it may harm all their efforts to teach school childern about "bruce's two dads" and the like. As long as the liberal keep pushing the homosexual agenda, we'll see more, not less of this type of perversion. IMHO all those that raped, knew of the rape and did nothing or next to nothing to stop it, or helped cover it up should be hanged-maybe a public hanging at half time during a penn state game-they could sell tickets for twice the price, money appears to be the only motivation the trash up in Penn understand. </div></div>

Don't try to make this topic "Political"!!!

Diaper Snipers are the scum of the earth... No matter which poltical party, creed, religion, race, or anything else! Point blank, PERIOD!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anthony20031</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anthony20031</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trust me I understand I just had a daughter 3 weeks ago. But it doesn't strike you as odd that a man that had an impeccable record for 61 years and build his career around morals and ethics while every other college was embroiled in scandles would not do something about this.

Ok please tell me the facts...just the facts please I want to hear it. No hearsay no nothing just the facts. How did you respond when the Duke allegations came out? <span style="color: #FF0000">Secondly you are already incorrect in your facts that they banned the guy from the lockerroom...they banned him from having childern on campus not from the facilities. Again FACTS</span> </div></div>

OH, well, that just changes EVERYTHING doesn't it.... only banned from having children on campus... now you tell me, why on earth do you think they put that ban on him... hmm???? Genius... </div></div>

Yes insult my intelligence. They banned him becuase he was (according to some but not others only inappropriately took a shower at the same time as a 10 yr old boy. I am not saying that, that was what Paterno was TOLD. Paterno TESTIFIED UNDER OATH that he was told by McQueary that it was horesplay and not sodomy, not rape. Is it wrong what he was told, hell yh, but lets not comapre it to raping and sodomizing a freakin kid. Also remember Paterno is not being charged with perjury ie lying under oath. Now there is a fine line. Paterno did not understand how bad the situation really was. I tend to think if he truly understood the magnitude and what was going on he would have gone to the authorities.

Again like I have said a thousand times I want to know the facts first. Also why hasn't McQueary been fired? Why hasn't the AD Curley been fired (he is on paid administrative leave) and why was Schultz allowed to resign and not fired? Those two are being charged with perjury and failing to alert authorities.

My current belief of looking at all reports, until I get more facts so as not to be speculating, but McQueary tried to tell Joe Paterno the bare minimum to get an investigation started, which JoePa did by going to his higher ups. McQueary then in an interview with Schultz and Curley told the truth but they swept it under the rug and went with what JoePa told them that it was just horseplay becuase that is what McQueary initially told JoePa. That could have led to Curley and Schultz lying under oath if they just said that McQueary told them it was only horseplay and then they also get dinged for failing to report. Makes you wonder why JoePa has not been charged with perjury or anything.

ALL I AM SAYING IS WHY NOT PUT JOEPA ON ADMINISTRATIVE LEAVE AND LET ALL THE FACTS COME OUT!!!!!

If he is found that he truly had a part in the cover up then he should be charged just as well and face the same consequences.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok please tell me the facts...just the facts please I want to hear it.</div></div>

FACT: Joe said he did not do enough. <span style="color: #FF0000">You are taking the qoute out of context like every other media hack. Full sentence read this: With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more.</span>

FACT: Joe would have done more if it had been one of his 16 grandchildren (apparently, he wasn't very concerned with the physical/mental state of some wayward youth). <span style="color: #FF0000">Maybe depending what he knew. Let's find out exactly what he knew. He testified under oath supposedly that he was only informed there was horseplay. He is not being charged with perjury.</span>

FACT: PS students riot in the street after his firing (pro pedophilia or just typical brain washed college kids?) <span style="color: #FF0000">No that might happen when you fire a coach that has dedicated his life to a university and community, has not a single blemish on his record, is known more for developing young men and helping kids in the community etc and you do not give him the benefit of finding the facts. Fine put him on administrative leave until things are found out. Curley who is the AD was allowed to be put on paid dministrative leave but yet is being charged with perjury and failure to report. JoePa has cooperated and has yet to be charged for anything and the AG has even stated that he is not under investigation</span>

FACT: Joe is not the first upstanding citizen to take a fall. <span style="color: #FF0000">No he is not but he also <span style="text-decoration: underline">could</span> be a guy that takes a fall that did not know the full extent of what was truly happening.</span>

Who knows what else he turned a blind eye to. <span style="color: #FF0000">So were you in the room when McQueary spoke to PAterno so you know exactly what Paterno was informed. If so I am sure there are a lot of people knocking down your door to get your statement. I also think the AG for Pennsyvania would like to speak to you as well.</span> </div></div>

AAAAAH, this string is political, Stop and think about it. Do you really believe if the homosexual perverts involved in the raping of young boys, and the cover-up of the raping of young boys, weren't high profile, "politically" connected people, this would be making a national ripple? The raping of childern in the US happens everyday, yet it is not talked about on national news, or usually even outside the area where the perverts struck. Political? Yes, I do believe it is. In so far as-it involves high profile govt (Univ) employees. My point is how we as a nation have gotten to the point that the homosexual raping of young boys does not seem to draw the same response as the hetrosexual raping of young girls. I don't know any thinking person that could actually agrue that the response is generally the same-it is not.