• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Paterno fired!

Re: Paterno fired!

All I wonder is why the 28 year old guy that saw it didn't stop it..IF it were me I would have stomped that fuckers guts out, then sent his ass to jail where he belongs.

Its always the cover up that fucks all these guys.. from Watergate on down..and they deserve what they get.

The real victim here are the kids, and that is forgotten all too much.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CDiPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All I wonder is why the 28 year old guy that saw it didn't stop it..IF it were me I would have stomped that fuckers guts out, then sent his ass to jail where he belongs.

Its always the cover up that fucks all these guys.. from Watergate on down..and they deserve what they get.

The real victim here are the kids, and that is forgotten all too much. </div></div>
RIGHT ON!

The fallout continues....sponsers starting to drop Penn sState advertising. Boy for trying to protect the revenue it looks like they really fucked up. wonder how deep this will go.

If it werent JoePa and Penn State, for isntance if it were some podunk University it would have barely made the news. Its his rep thats fueling it. Hopefully some good will come out of it if it leads others to step up when the thime comes.

[video:yahoo]http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player/news/Sports_Minute/27215444[/video]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CDiPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All I wonder is why the 28 year old guy that saw it didn't stop it..IF it were me I would have stomped that fuckers guts out, then sent his ass to jail where he belongs.

The real victim here are the kids, and that is forgotten all too much. </div></div>

I wholeheartedly agree

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anthony20031</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

OH, well, that just changes EVERYTHING doesn't it.... only banned from having children on campus... now you tell me, why on earth do you think they put that ban on him... hmm???? Genius... </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Yes insult my intelligence. They banned him becuase he was (according to some but not others only inappropriately took a shower at the same time as a 10 yr old boy. I am not saying that, that was what Paterno was TOLD. Paterno TESTIFIED UNDER OATH that he was told by McQueary that it was horesplay and not sodomy, not rape. Is it wrong what he was told, hell yh, but lets not comapre it to raping and sodomizing a freakin kid. Also remember Paterno is not being charged with perjury ie lying under oath. Now there is a fine line. Paterno did not understand how bad the situation really was. I tend to think if he truly understood the magnitude and what was going on he would have gone to the authorities.

Again like I have said a thousand times I want to know the facts first. Also why hasn't McQueary been fired? Why hasn't the AD Curley been fired (he is on paid administrative leave) and why was Schultz allowed to resign and not fired? Those two are being charged with perjury and failing to alert authorities.

My current belief of looking at all reports, until I get more facts so as not to be speculating, but McQueary tried to tell Joe Paterno the bare minimum to get an investigation started, which JoePa did by going to his higher ups. McQueary then in an interview with Schultz and Curley told the truth but they swept it under the rug and went with what JoePa told them that it was just horseplay becuase that is what McQueary initially told JoePa. That could have led to Curley and Schultz lying under oath if they just said that McQueary told them it was only horseplay and then they also get dinged for failing to report. Makes you wonder why JoePa has not been charged with perjury or anything.

ALL I AM SAYING IS WHY NOT PUT JOEPA ON ADMINISTRATIVE LEAVE AND LET ALL THE FACTS COME OUT!!!!!

If he is found that he truly had a part in the cover up then he should be charged just as well and face the same consequences.
</span>
Are you ACTUALLY believing that BULLSHIT? Are you that naive and easily influenced?

Wether he was "horse playing" or touching that 10 year old child in a shower or not. You call the police. What was a 10 year old boy doing in a college locker room?

You need to excuse yourself from this thread ASAP. You are making yourself look quite ridiculous.

We have a really good local sports radio station here in OK. They have been following this quite a bit and seem to have pretty good information. Most of what I have been reading and seeing in the news matches what they are reporting.

With that being said, they are saying this is the biggest controversy ever in sports history, and that it is going to continue to get worse and worse as the facts come out. Not only were there several people that knew about this, so much in fact they banned him from bringing kids on campus... Dead give away! But that supposedly this Sandusky guy was not only abusing these kids, but was also pimping them out to other big time Penn St. boosters. Im not saying that is true, but that is what they are reporting.

It's bad enough that all these people knew and didn't ever turn him in to the police, but they allowed this guy to still be the head figure of a children's organization. So he basically had an endless supply of victims through out the years. No telling how many boys he really did abuse.

I'm the type that couldn't care less about College or Pro sports, especially when they are subsidized with tax money. For those saying "wait until the facts come out", they never will, because this goes a lot higher up the ladder than the present cast of characters. Kinda like what will probably happen with the "Fast&Furious" situation. The rioters don't want the facts, and the school adminstration won't provide them willingly. Lots of "Good People" will look the wrong way, if those close to them are evil. I was in a relationship with a woman who had 4 young children (4-10 yrs) from a previous marriage, who then married the grandson of a famous USMC commander (yes, there is a large base named after the grandfather). Her husband (active duty at the time) turned out to be a raging pedophile, who used violence and threats to continue abusing the youngest boy and girl. The mother felt helpless as a result of the threats to all their lives. She was assured she would be implicated as a willing partner if she complained. Who do you think would be believed (or punished) when the military inquiry took place? I'm sure she wasn't the first victim, and definitely not the last, pedophiles don't change.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anthony20031</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

OH, well, that just changes EVERYTHING doesn't it.... only banned from having children on campus... now you tell me, why on earth do you think they put that ban on him... hmm???? Genius... </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Yes insult my intelligence. They banned him becuase he was (according to some but not others only inappropriately took a shower at the same time as a 10 yr old boy. I am not saying that, that was what Paterno was TOLD. Paterno TESTIFIED UNDER OATH that he was told by McQueary that it was horesplay and not sodomy, not rape. Is it wrong what he was told, hell yh, but lets not comapre it to raping and sodomizing a freakin kid. Also remember Paterno is not being charged with perjury ie lying under oath. Now there is a fine line. Paterno did not understand how bad the situation really was. I tend to think if he truly understood the magnitude and what was going on he would have gone to the authorities.

Again like I have said a thousand times I want to know the facts first. Also why hasn't McQueary been fired? Why hasn't the AD Curley been fired (he is on paid administrative leave) and why was Schultz allowed to resign and not fired? Those two are being charged with perjury and failing to alert authorities.

My current belief of looking at all reports, until I get more facts so as not to be speculating, but McQueary tried to tell Joe Paterno the bare minimum to get an investigation started, which JoePa did by going to his higher ups. McQueary then in an interview with Schultz and Curley told the truth but they swept it under the rug and went with what JoePa told them that it was just horseplay becuase that is what McQueary initially told JoePa. That could have led to Curley and Schultz lying under oath if they just said that McQueary told them it was only horseplay and then they also get dinged for failing to report. Makes you wonder why JoePa has not been charged with perjury or anything.

ALL I AM SAYING IS WHY NOT PUT JOEPA ON ADMINISTRATIVE LEAVE AND LET ALL THE FACTS COME OUT!!!!!

If he is found that he truly had a part in the cover up then he should be charged just as well and face the same consequences.
</span>
Are you ACTUALLY believing that BULLSHIT? Are you that naive and easily influenced?

Wether he was "horse playing" or touching that 10 year old child in a shower or not. You call the police. What was a 10 year old boy doing in a college locker room?

You need to excuse yourself from this thread ASAP. You are making yourself look quite ridiculous.

</div></div>

I could just say the same as you about believing bullshit and easily influenced by media. Why is it wrong to wait and see all the facts? I say put Paterno on Administrative leave pending all the facts (too much speculation on what he did or did not know...tell me what he knew, not what you believe he knew, or what you think he knew and I will amend this to fired or not), fire Spanier (was told by Curley what was told to him by McQueary), fire McQueary (witnessed and didn't do crap), fire Curley (charged with perjury and failure to report) and fire Schultz (same as Curley).

And why should I excuse myself from this thread when I am merely stating my opinion. I am not insulting others and I am curious why I am making myself look ridiculous. Again I agree with everything that people have stated but it seems the one fact that has not yet was what Joe Paterno knew. Why is it so bad to want to know the facts? What does it change by putting him on Administrative leave until you find out exactly what happened?

I agree this is obsolutely disgusting and vile. I agree with 99% of what has been said through all this. I am not the only one who believes this. Rece Davis and even Trevor Matich stated so much on ESPN. They both said they want to know what Paterno knew becuase the report does not state that. So seeing that why not put him on leave until it is? Doesn't mean those two guys or myself or anyone who thinks this way is any less horrified of the situation.

Ok thank you. I did not read this, I read something that was in a different format. It does state that Paterno was made aware of something of a sexual nature.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> [i.m.g]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg131/rogue884/joe-paterno.jpg[/i.m.g] </div></div>

Is there something in the subject matter of pedophilia and sexual abuse of children that you think merits an attempt at humor?!

Seriously ... </div></div>

Their is nothing about sexual abuse or pedophilia that merits humor. What does merit humor is the fact that a college football coach, who happens to be one of the most venerated in the sport, and built his entire career on hard work, honesty, fair play, and sportmanship would, and did pass off moral responsability as an excuse and then followed up 9 years later saying that he should have done more. The gravity of the statements from the Graduate Assistant and the fact that Paterno stated that he was visably upset by what he had seen, should have been more than suffecient to exact further questioning of the administrators by Paterno. Not to mention the administrations resolution to the allagations that the Graduate Assistant brought forward. That simply contradicts his entire 61 years of a reputation he worked very hard to build, and sounds distinctly like a person who regrets the consequences and not the action or lack there of.

Follow that, by the fact that he has overwhelming support from the students enough that they rioted in the streets to profess their approval of his in action, tells me that their moral compass is so far off that it questions the value and integrity of Penn State as a whole.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anthony20031</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anthony20031</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</span>

</div></div>

I could just say the same as you about believing bullshit and easily influenced by media. Why is it wrong to wait and see all the facts? I say put Paterno on Administrative leave pending all the facts (too much speculation on what he did or did not know...tell me what he knew, not what you believe he knew, or what you think he knew and I will amend this to fired or not), fire Spanier (was told by Curley what was told to him by McQueary), fire McQueary (witnessed and didn't do crap), fire Curley (charged with perjury and failure to report) and fire Schultz (same as Curley).

And why should I excuse myself from this thread when I am merely stating my opinion. I am not insulting others and I am curious why I am making myself look ridiculous. Again I agree with everything that people have stated but it seems the one fact that has not yet was what Joe Paterno knew. Why is it so bad to want to know the facts? What does it change by putting him on Administrative leave until you find out exactly what happened?

I agree this is obsolutely disgusting and vile. I agree with 99% of what has been said through all this. I am not the only one who believes this. Rece Davis and even Trevor Matich stated so much on ESPN. They both said they want to know what Paterno knew becuase the report does not state that. So seeing that why not put him on leave until it is? Doesn't mean those two guys or myself or anyone who thinks this way is any less horrified of the situation. </div></div>

Paterno admitted his faults on live television in front of everyone. How much more clear can you get? I think you are just dense and not looking at the big picture. Penn State is in serious trouble. From this scandal to riots in the street. They need to fire the entire coaching staff of the football program.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anthony20031</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anthony20031</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</span>

</div></div>

I agree this is obsolutely disgusting and vile. I agree with 99% of what has been said through all this. I am not the only one who believes this. Rece Davis and even Trevor Matich stated so much on ESPN. They both said they want to know what Paterno knew becuase the report does not state that. So seeing that why not put him on leave until it is? Doesn't mean those two guys or myself or anyone who thinks this way is any less horrified of the situation. </div></div>

Paterno admitted his faults on live television in front of everyone. How much more clear can you get? I think you are just dense and not looking at the big picture. Penn State is in serious trouble. From this scandal to riots in the street. They need to fire the entire coaching staff of the football program. </div></div>

Wow what is the problem with some people on here. All I asked for is for the full facts to be released before I decided something on the guy and not one person until TXPACS gives me that link could give me any actualy facts. You said that even Joe admitted his faults on TV. Yes but his quote again for literally the 1,000,0000,0000,000 time he stated WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT. I see posts on here all the time where posters talk about things about politicians, journalists taking things out of context so as to further their agenda against 2nd Amendment etc but you were doing it yourself. All that had to be done was someone to link me to that report (I must have read some abbreviated version or something) and give me the FACTS not hyperboly and quoting half sentences. On top of that I have been called an idiot (sarcasm...being called a genius) by Event, naive, easily influence (yet I was trying to go off facts that I had), ridiculous and having to excuse myself from expressing an opinion (though basing it off the facts I had and noone until TXPACS bother to give me the critical fact I was missing in which Paterno admitted to being told about sexual behavior) that I was trying to base off facts and now dense by KYS338. Alright think I got it all. Guess we are all a bunch of grown ups and can have nice civilized talks.

Tony, Tony, Tony.

2542178244521.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All of Paterno's apologists -- the folks that display the type of foolish and excessive adulation that makes any kind of hero worship absurd -- claim JoePa did what he was supposed to do by reporting Sandusky's behavior to his superiors.
According to Paterno's own grand jury testimony, then graduate assistant Mike McQueary told the coach he had witnessed Sandusky "fondling or doing something of a sexual nature" to a young boy.
Let's take Paterno at his word and pretend McQuery softened his own description of the event when Paterno kicked everything upstairs. You think that kind of allegation deserve a follow-up at some point?
Of course, believing Paterno washed his hands of this seediness after performing his legal duty also conveniently ignores the fact that he had no superiors at Penn State. This is the same guy who kicked board members out of his house when they begged for his resignation a few years ago.</div></div>

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/11/11/paterno-never-needed-hindsight/#ixzz1dRmO2TxC

Paterno defenders should receive honorary membership in the MBLA.

All I gotta' say is if Paterno gets crucified, then so should McCreary. If Paterno had a "moral obligation" to go to the cops, so did McCreary.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RedRyder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
All I gotta' say is if Paterno gets crucified, then so should McCreary. If Paterno had a "moral obligation" to go to the cops, so did McCreary. </div></div>

I believe as of now, he's only been placed on "administrative leave"... But there is speculation that sparred due to some whistleblower law, who knows?

Hmmm, wasn't there some dude whole bunch of centuries ago who said something about "flinging the first rock," and "you better pull the fucking beam out of your own fucking eye before you start hawking' on the speck in somebody else's."

Just sayin'.... as the "saying" goes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: copdoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmmm, wasn't there some dude whole bunch of centuries ago who said something about "flinging the first rock," and "you better pull the fucking beam out of your own fucking eye before you start hawking' on the speck in somebody else's."

Just sayin'.... as the "saying" goes </div></div>

Ive heard that one, and agree. Ive made my share of serious mistakes, and taken the punishment for them. I still say that who ever it was that allowed a child mollester to continue his shit, needs a good ass beating. Ill stand for that one. If theres licks to be taken, lay on,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: copdoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmmm, wasn't there some dude whole bunch of centuries ago who said something about "flinging the first rock," and "you better pull the fucking beam out of your own fucking eye before you start hawking' on the speck in somebody else's."

Just sayin'.... as the "saying" goes </div></div>

Here's another saying... Shut the fuck up and read that book again bitch because you missed the important bits. That same dude spoke about a good Samaritan. The idea being don't ignore the plight of others, it's your moral duty to aid the victims of injustice. What more pathetic and vulnerable a victim is there than a child? He and others put their love of money and winning a pointless series of games over preventing the rape of minors.

If you're going to quote the Bible understand it in its whole context rather than use snippets to defend the likes of Paterno and his band of cowards.

That same guy said "should you offend one of these (little children) it would be better for you to have a millstone tied around your neck and dropped into the deepest ocean".

i think it bull he gets to stay and coach gets fired the president is on aministration leave, sounds like coach got the fucking bad end of the deal. 40+ yrs and doesnt even get the curtsy of some one coming over and telling him whats up, he gets a fucking phone call 40+ yrs. god dam just send him a tex so you dont have to waist your time. 40+ years and he did what he had to do and report it.

but i will say i dont understand how he could look pedophile in the face with out taking a spoon and cutting his face off know he fucking a child molester. i couldnt do that so maybie he needs the boot but how he got it is screwed up and every one else didnt get fired they got slaps or are on paied leave. i think the kids should have done a lot more damage than just flip a news van.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cowboy1978</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i think it bull he gets to stay and coach gets fired the president is on aministration leave, sounds like coach got the fucking bad end of the deal. 40+ yrs and doesnt even get the curtsy of some one coming over and telling him whats up, he gets a fucking phone call 40+ yrs. god dam just send him a tex so you dont have to waist your time. 40+ years and he did what he had to do and report it.

but i will say i dont understand how he could look pedophile in the face with out taking a spoon and cutting his face off know he fucking a child molester. i couldnt do that so maybie he needs the boot </div></div>

You answered your own beef with the whole situation!

hey there, EH, great name-calling, bud. Learned a bunch from your Biblical scholarship. I'll be sure to keep in mind the entirety of scripture the next time I make a Bronx Bible quote. LOL

I'm also seriously impressed with the rampant presence of "Presumption of Innocence" Wow!!

It seems like a lot of people "knew" or suspected this homosexual pervert was raping young boys (read Grand Jury report) for a long time- over a decade. I have to wonder how many of the "employees" and "volunteers" at this "charity" are also involved. I can't help but notice when I read about this crap in Penn I thought I was reading about SanFran or Oakland CA, is the entire state of Penn attracted to little boys? I just ran across this regarding one of their long time cops:
PHILADELPHIA - December 9, 2009 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia police officer was arrested Tuesday night on charges he tried to have sex with a teenage boy.

Related Content

More: Send a Breaking News alert

More: Report a typo

Adrian Makuch, 49, has been on the force since 1988 and serves in the crime scene unit.

Sources tell Action News that Makuch tried to have sex with a 15-year-old boy.

That boy went to Internal Affairs, which consulted with the DA's office. Charges were then filed.

Makuch is charged with inappropriate contact with minor, luring a child into a vehicle, prostitution and corruption of minors.

I really have to wonder what would have happend with the JoPa situation if someone would have reported it the police. I may
depended on which cop took the report! If Officer Makuch took the report..... we can only speculate.

Yes officer, I don't know how both his knees are shattered, why his eblows appear to have been smashed or why his balls are stuffed in his mouth and there is a rather large dent in his head that that matches this here bat that I am holding...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: copdoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey there, EH, great name-calling, bud. Learned a bunch from your Biblical scholarship. I'll be sure to keep in mind the entirety of scripture the next time I make a Bronx Bible quote. LOL

I'm also seriously impressed with the rampant presence of "Presumption of Innocence" Wow!! </div></div>

I was projecting back your frontier style of scripture lesson. Regarding presumption of guilt; Paterno has admitted to not doing enough already. Also he's not on trial or under arrest so there is no basis of presumption in any legal framework because he's not answering any formal charges.

In truth, I was happy to see your post as I think it's valid in many cases but in this instance, IMHO, the moral imperative was for him to act decisively rather than for us to reserve judgement.

The additional qualifier to reserving judgement is repentance. There hasn't been any. At no time has anyone tried to apologize for what they didn't do or explain why (at least in any reports I've read).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RedRyder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
All I gotta' say is if Paterno gets crucified, then so should McCreary. If Paterno had a "moral obligation" to go to the cops, so did McCreary. </div></div>

IMO he had a moral, if not legal, obligation to smack the crap out of sandusky and get the kid away from him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sounds like coach got the fucking bad end of the deal. 40+ yrs and doesnt even get the curtsy of some one coming over and telling him whats up,</div></div>

IMO he is getting off easy and is due zero consideration. After not doing the morally right thing in '98, when this became public knowledge he should have man upped and practiced what he has preached all these years. A truly honorable man would have apologized to the victims and crawled into a hole rather than announcing his retirement at the end of the season.

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching. Apparently, joe thought no on was watching.

Not sure if it has been mentioned here or not, but the state of PA does have a statute which makes it a crime to fail to report child abuse or endangerment. This statute defines certain groups of professionals and persons as "mandatory reporters". This means they are legally obligated to report ANY suspected child abuse or endangerment to the POLICE immediately. Inlcuded in the list of "mandatory reporters" are administrators, officials, or teachers at any school or educational institution. The courts will make the final determination which offcials at Penn State fulfilled their legal obligations to report the alledged abuse. If they did not, each one of them, including Paterno and the Grad assistant could be convicted.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MarkWV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure if it has been mentioned here or not, but the state of PA does have a statute which makes it a crime to fail to report child abuse or endangerment. This statute defines certain groups of professionals and persons as "mandatory reporters". This means they are legally obligated to report ANY suspected child abuse or endangerment to the POLICE immediately. Inlcuded in the list of "mandatory reporters" are administrators, officials, or teachers at any school or educational institution. The courts will make the final determination which offcials at Penn State fulfilled their legal obligations to report the alledged abuse. If they did not, each one of them, including Paterno and the Grad assistant could be convicted. </div></div>

Somehow thats a good way to bring closure to this thread. Hope they ALL get convicted.
Good second post. Welcome to the Hide.

Unfortunately if I am correct. Paterno had no legal obligation. Under Penn State law he is only required to tell his superiors who are then responsible to tell authorities. That is why Paterno is not being persecuted becuase in the eyes of the law he was not required but why his superiors Curley and Schultz are facing charges of failure to report.

Unfortunately if I read correct (big presumption I guess at this point huh lol) Pennsylvania is one of the few states that regardless of your position you have to report it. IE if this happened in another state Paterno would also be held responsible for the report not making it to the cops as would McQueary. I believe

As PA law now stands, neither McQueary nor Paterno had a legal obligation to report to the police. Paterno had a legal obligation to report it to his superiors, which he did. Like it or not, that's PA law at the moment.

That will, however, very, very likely change by the end of this year with legislation soon to be introduced in the PA legislature requiring ANYBODY who observes whatever they observe with respect to "child abuse" to report it directly to the police.

Indeed, anthony, there are as I recall 18 states whose child abuse laws make it a mandatory report to LE if a private person observes child abuse taking place, or, who has reasonable ground to believe that it has taken place. Again, PA is NOT one of those states.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: copdoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As PA law now stands, neither McQueary nor Paterno had a legal obligation to report to the police. Paterno had a legal obligation to report it to his superiors, which he did. Like it or not, that's PA law at the moment.

That will, however, very, very likely change by the end of this year with legislation soon to be introduced in the PA legislature requiring ANYBODY who observes whatever they observe with respect to "child abuse" to report it directly to the police.

Indeed, anthony, there are as I recall 18 states whose child abuse laws make it a mandatory report to LE if a private person observes child abuse taking place, or, who has reasonable ground to believe that it has taken place. Again, PA is NOT one of those states. </div></div>

Well, legally then, it would seem some, including myself, owe Paterno and others here like Chain and Anthony an apology. It seems Paterno did all that was legally required of him.

Morally/as a man - Paterno's a failure. Regardless of what he achieved in winning games, he let that boy and however many others that were trapped like him, be victimized all because he didn't do what surely he must have known would have been the 'right' thing, if not legally demanded. Can anyone say that Paterno would not have called the police had that little boy been his own son or some relation?

My apologies to Chain and Anthony. My contempt to Paterno and McQueary.

Apology accepted, sir; my apology to you as well.

My hope is that justice is well-served and well-carried out. If not now, there will come a time of reckoning I expect.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: copdoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As PA law now stands, neither McQueary nor Paterno had a legal obligation to report to the police. Paterno had a legal obligation to report it to his superiors, which he did. Like it or not, that's PA law at the moment.

Indeed, anthony, there are as I recall 18 states whose child abuse laws make it a mandatory report to LE if a private person observes child abuse taking place, or, who has reasonable ground to believe that it has taken place. Again, PA is NOT one of those states. </div></div>

Well, legally then, it would seem some, including myself, owe Paterno and others here like Chain and Anthony an apology. It seems Paterno did all that was legally required of him.

Morally/as a man - Paterno's a failure. Regardless of what he achieved in winning games, he let that boy and however many others that were trapped like him, be victimized all because he didn't do what surely he must have known would have been the 'right' thing, if not legally demanded. Can anyone say that Paterno would not have called the police had that little boy been his own son or some relation?

My apologies to Chain and Anthony. My contempt to Paterno and McQueary. </div></div>

Yh morally Paterno failed. I wonder if when telling Schultz, who oversaw PS Police, assumed Schultz would have the police conduct an investigation. With that said I would not have been satisfied with Schultz or Curley telling me that an investigation was completed and nothing came of it. I would have asked to see documentation, went screaming to their Police Dept. etc. oh and beat the crap out of first Sandusky and then beat McQueary for not stepping in and could kiss his employment good bye.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tony, Tony, Tony.

2542178244521.gif

</div></div>

Yup ok....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: copdoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Apology accepted, sir; my apology to you as well.

My hope is that justice is well-served and well-carried out. If not now, there will come a time of reckoning I expect. </div></div>

Thank you mate and we're hoping for the same thing.

Be well.

The PA statute mentions teachers and administrators specifically. However, as anyone who has ever been to court can tell you, laws are not literal in all cases and are open for interpretation by the Court. It is possible for the Courts to find that both McCreary and Paterno fall into that
category and thus are held to the mandatory reporting standard. The full extent of the charges may not be known for months. During that time additional testimony will be heard and deals will be cut for those who wish save thier own necks.

In any case, however it washes out, the punishment will never fit the crime. Lives were ruined and young children were put in serious danger by Sandusky while other men with the knowledge and power to stop him did nothing. You may say what you will about a persons requirements to report something to police. What cannot be explained away so easily is why the administrators of this school and Paterno continued to allow this man to have access to school facilities, travel with the team, and attend fundraising events where children were present for 10 years AFTER he was first observed molesting a young boy. That, my friends, is unforgivable.

Thank you Bro... Apology accepted. There is nothing like a good debate. It is too bad that this is the subject matter. I hope that justice is served, seems like an understatement, because the penalty will never fit the crime(s) in this and other cases like it.