• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Patiently waiting for my new rifle

gkgeiger

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 10, 2020
Central Florida
Even though I own a beautiful 2500XS BR rifle and a great shooting CZ VPT, I'm still super excited to get my new Anschutz. It's a match 54 with a 23" heavy barrel and a single stage trigger. I also have a new Sightron coming along with rings and a bore guide. I hope to have it to the range by the weekend. Pics to follow.

Well, it arrived today. I was able to mount the rings and scope. Still waiting on my bore guide and trigger spring kit. The trigger is set at the factory at 2.6lbs. I need it below a pound. PnP Gun Springs says they can get it to 8oz. I think I can live with that, if not a 3.5oz trigger from Anschutz will cost me several hun more.

IMG_0696.jpg

Well, it arrived today. I was able to mount the rings and scope. Still waiting on my bore guide and trigger spring kit. The trigger is set at the factory at 2.6lbs. I need it below a pound. PnP Gun Springs says they can get it to 8oz. I think I can live with that, if not a 3.5oz trigger from Anschutz will cost me several hun more.

View attachment 7777150
Congrats….great looking rifle!

love the old school good looks and please report back with how it shoots. Congrats!
I shot about 50 rds this morning. Every round ejected. I was told that can be a problem. As far as accuracy goes, it shot about the same as every new rifle I have owned. It takes some getting used to. I do believe it has potential though.

View attachment 7777150
Anschutz makes some good looking rifles. Hard to beat their classic looks! I hope it shoots as good as it looks!

RFS99

Anschutz makes some good looking rifles. Hard to beat their classic looks! I hope it shoots as good as it looks!

RFS99
Thanks for the reply Larry. I’m going to try a different bench setup. If you’ve ever tried to shoot a classic stock in a rest, it is tough to keep it perfectly upright. My trigger mod is a huge improvement but not perfect for BR. It seems like all I do is spend money to achieve my goals. This is all I do for fun, so I guess I’m not done.

I stuck mine into a LSS-RF GEN2 CHASSIS chassis and tested it. I'm thinking it didn't shoot any better but it was a hell of a lot easier to shoot in a chassis.... My rifles generally shoot Lapua better than Eley. Unless you are spending for the good ammo you are not going to realize the true potential of your rifle.

Reactions: Appalachian
I stuck mine into a LSS-RF GEN2 CHASSIS chassis and tested it. I'm thinking it didn't shoot any better but it was a hell of a lot easier to shoot in a chassis.... My rifles generally shoot Lapua better than Eley. Unless you are spending for the good ammo you are not going to realize the true potential of your rifle.
I shot SK PM the other day, next time I will shoot CX. I have couple different lots.

Thanks for the reply Larry. I’m going to try a different bench setup. If you’ve ever tried to shoot a classic stock in a rest, it is tough to keep it perfectly upright. My trigger mod is a huge improvement but not perfect for BR. It seems like all I do is spend money to achieve my goals. This is all I do for fun, so I guess I’m not done.
I'm right there with you. This is my only hobby, which is good, because this shooting sport stuff is a money pit..., but oh so enjoyable to play around to see what I can do to shoot better.

View attachment 7777150
gkgeiger, where did you get your rifle rest in the picture from? I've been looking for one of those to use when cleaning my rifle during a match. Thanks for any info on where I could get one.

Maybe check into a plate that mounts under the stock, so the rifle will sit "flat" on the rest? See below from Champion's Choice.

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 6.20.43 PM.png

Maybe check into a plate that mounts under the stock, so the rifle will sit "flat" on the rest? See below from Champion's Choice.

View attachment 7783016
I can't use that at my club. If I did I would have to shoot in the UL class. I just bought a Sinclair F class bipod and a Holeshot mechanical rear rest. Now I have 3 different rest setups for 3 different rifles. I have nothing else to spend my money on. LOL :cry:

Reactions: Rimfireshooter99